#02

Just Dance.

AUTHOR’S POV:

“Unnie! Wake up wake up wake up!” Minzy hit Dara playfully with a pillow.

“But it’s still early!” Dara whined, burying her head in her pillow, refusing to wake up.

“Dara-yah! Wake up! Have you forgotten what day it is today?” Bom asked while shaking her head disapprovingly.

“It’s your jazz nationals today! Wake up! You’ve got to eat, warm up, make-up, change, have your last rehearsal and of course take pictures with us!” Chaerin exclaimed while Dara got out of her bed groggily.

“But I wanna sleep! And it’s only 10! I don’t need to do all that in like 10 hours right?” Dara argued as she made her way to the toilet to wash up.

“Yes you do unnie!” Minzy shouted to her while she was in the toilet.

“From now to 10.30, washing up and everything, 10.30 to 11, breakfast, which I have already made and is getting cold, 11 to 12 a small break for you to relax, 12 to 1 your lunch, 1 to 3, stretch, warm up, and have your last rehearsal, 3 to 4, wash up and freshen up!” CL shouted out from the living room to the toilet where Dara was in.

“Then you can have an early dinner from 4 to 5, then from 5 to 7 you can go through your item again and warm up, and then 7 to 8 you will have enough time to change into your costume and make-up! Feel lucky that it’s a school holiday so Minzy and CL can help you too Dara!” Bom continued while Dara grumbled in the toilet.

“Aish those girls! Made a wrong choice to move into the dorms with them.” Dara mumbled while she washed her face.

“Heard that!” The three chorused before breaking out into laughter.

“Wake up hyung if not your Doraemon plushie dies in my hands.” Seungri threatened, stifling a laugh while the other boys broke out into laughter straight away.

“Wake up doraemon freak!” Jiyong threw one of Daesung’s doraemon plushie at his face, waking him up immediately.

“My doraemon!” Daesung hugged his Doraemon plushie tightly before glaring at Jiyong.

“How dare you throw my Doraemon plushie? It has feelings you know hyung! It must be so painful for him!” Daesung patted his Doraemon plushie before setting it back down on his bed nicely.

“And how dare you touch my plushie Seungri?” Daesung glared at him before snatching back his other plushie to put it back nicely on the bed.

“Okay guys chill! You two need to prepare for later’s jazz nationals! And we need to reach before 8 so hurry up and get moving!” Seunghyun said before he walked out to change since all of them were still in their PJs.

“Pft what’s the rush for.” Seungri scoffed.

“He just can’t wait to meet those girls from YG again, especially Bom, don’t you know?” Youngbae replied with an eyebrow up, obviously teasing his hyung while the rest giggled like schoolgirls.

“I heard that and get your asses moving, the two need to warm up!” Seunghyun shouted from his room.

“Okay okay! Chill man!” Youngbae said as he walked out of Daesung’s room to change, with the boys each following behind to go to their rooms to change.

~~~~~~~

YG BUILDING

“Stretch those legs girls woots!” Bom cheered the girls on as they did an over split on the chair while waiting for Dara’s coach, Se7en, to come.

“I wonder when coach is coming, he’s always late because of his girlfriend!” Dara mumbled as she checked her Facebook requests on her phone. Obviously all of them were used to the stretch so they did not feel any pain when they did an over split, and they could even fall asleep in this position, especially Bom who actually fell asleep once.

As if on cue, the door opened to reveal a sad Se7en who just plummeted down in his chair at the front of the studio.

“Start.” He mumbled and the girls immediately stood up and went to sit down in a corner while Dara went to her starting position.

As Dara was dancing, the three girls talked amongst themselves.

“What happened to coach Se7en? He’s usually in a good mood!” Bom asked the two while they shrugged.

“Oh no poor coach Se7en! Is he sick?” Minzy asked out of concern.

“I don’t think so, usually he just doesn’t come and papa YG takes over when he’s sick!” CL said while Bom nodded.

“OMO! What if he broke up with his girlfriend today? Oh my god!” Bom gasped as she realized that it could be a possibility.

“Oh no! Poor coach!” Minzy exclaimed.

“Let’s just ask him later!” CL said.

“If he did, I’m going to be a cupid and patch them back up together. You know how much they love each other! They are such a perfect pair! I wonder who suggested the break-up though! Poor Hanbyul unnie and coach!” Bom said with determination while the girls nodded before turning their head back to watch Dara dance.

~~~~~~~

SM BUILDING

“Go Daesung and Seungri!” The hyungs cheered for their dongsaengs as they went through their last practice with coach Kibum.

“Hush guys they need to concentrate!” Coach Kibum shushed them while they sat back down quietly.

The music ended and both of them posed for their ending position, panting as they took a short bow as if they were really on stage, while their hyungs stood up and gave them a standing ovation.

“Good job guys. We are so going to win YG this time.” Coach Kibum said.

“Coach, I’m curious. Why are we so against YG?” Seungri asked while he scratched his head innocently, with the other 4 boys nodding along his question.

“This company has been made to defeat YG. The sole purpose of this company is to defeat YG. Our motto is to defeat YG. Want more answers? Ask SM himself. Class is over.” Coach Kibum replied coldly as he walked out of the studio, leaving the 5 boys in a daze.

“But why?” Seungri murmured to himself.

“The girls in YG seem so nice and the whole of YG seems so bonded. Why them? Why?” Youngbae asked while the boys shrugged.

“You know, one day I might just transfer to YG if they keep the mindset that dancing is for winning. Because seriously, it’s not!” Jiyong said as he puffed his cheeks out.

“I’ll follow you.” Seunghyun suddenly spoke, while all the guys nodded their heads.

“We’ll follow you.” The 3 boys added while they brofist each other.

“Come on let’s go for break at the cafeteria.” Seunghyun pushed the studio door open for his 4 hungry dongsaengs who practically flew towards the cafeteria to get food.

~~~~~~~

“Thanks for your hard work, Dara-yah. Work hard and enjoy yourself later, neh?” Coach Se7en gave a forced smile as he ended the last rehearsal session.

“Oh, and congratulations, Minzy and Chaerin-ah. Papa YG is extremely pleased with you guys.” He added as he forced another smile.

“Thank you Se7en oppa!” Minzy hugged Se7en.

Yes, YG is indeed a close-knitted company who treats each other as brothers and sisters outside of class.

“Oppa, are you okay today? Why do you look so sad?” Bom asked him innocently.

“She… She… She broke up with me…” Se7en told the girls while trying to put up a strong front.

“It’s okay Se7en oppa, cry if you need to! We won’t tell anyone!” Dara and the girls helped to console him while Se7en bawled his eyes out.

“Did Hanbyul unnie tell you why?” Chaerin asked, curious.

“No!” He replied before continuing to sob on Dara’s shoulder, with Minzy patting his back.

“We’ll help you get her back after the nationals, oppa. We’ll help you.” Bom told Se7en who by now has calmed down a bit.

“Chincha? Komawo my lovely dongsaengs! Oppa loves you all!” Se7en said excitedly like a little 5-year-old boy while the girls laughed.

“Now you guys go help Dara get ready for later! Oppa will do anything to get your unnie back to me!” He added as he left the studio feeling more energized, leaving 4 girls rolling on the floor laughing at their childish coach.

~~~~~~~

A few hours later, both sides have finished their makeup and costumes, and were standing by backstage, waiting for their turn.

“Good luck, Seungri and Daesung!” Dara flashed them a wide smile while they smiled back.

“Break a leg, noona!” Both of them said together causing Dara to laugh at them.

“The two of you are so cute!” Dara exclaimed as she pinched their cheeks playfully, causing Daesung to blush.

“I know right!” Seungri added boastfully while the three laughed.

“Contestants no. 20 and 21 from SM, on standby please.” One of the stagehand came to fetch the two boys to go on stage.

“Hwaiting!” Dara gave them their last support before they went on stage.

As Dara watched the two from the TV screen in her dressing room, she can’t help but feel a bit threatened by the two’s amazing dance skills in the nationals.

“Those two are so cute!”

“But that one that looks like a panda is cuter!”

“No that one that has a smile like that is so much cuter kay!”

Dara heard a few admirers of the two and she smiled as she continued to stretch and keep herself warm for her next turn.

“Contestant no. 22 from YG, please go to the wings on standby please.” Dara nodded her head as she prepared herself at the wings, watching the two finish their item, bowing and walking off stage.

“Fighting, noona!” The two smiled at her as she prepared herself on stage.

As the stage light shone on her, she unleashed her inner energy as the music played, and she went through her item flawlessly, earning gasps as she did parts of acrobatic, flipping and showing off her flexibility, earning loud claps from the audience.

The music ended, and she finished her last pose before giving a bow and running off stage to the dressing room to wait for the judges’ evaluation, and to check her messages.

From: Bom-unnie the corn monster^^

Great job Dara! That was even better than when we saw you in the afternoon! Love ya sis <33 Oh did you know your whole family came to support you? You’re so lucky to have such a supportive family.

From: Baddest female ever XD

Dara Unnie!!!!! That was so good! Even the boys we met yesterday said so! (Yes we’re sitting next to them) YOU THE BEST UNNIE! Muacks

From: Ero-maknae O.O

Unnie! You were so good! You are so going to win everyone! You are so awesome unnie-ah! <3 Did you hear us shout for you? Kekeke

From: Omma<3

Baby you were shining on stage! Your appa and me are so proud of you! It was a right choice letting you join YG. We are so proud of you baby. And yes we are here to watch you today, and even your brother is here! We love you! <3

After reading her messages, she can’t help but give a big grin at the messages that were sent to her.

“Good job noona! You were so good!” Daesung said as he jumped around.

“Noona was jjang!” Seungri exclaimed, flashing a wide grin as he showed a thumbs up.

“Haha thank you my cute dongsaengs!” She gave a slight bow while congratulating the two boys for a job well done.

“All contestants please proceed on stage for prize-giving now.” The staff approached them.

The three hopped onto stage while having a nice chat, until the emcee received the list that holds the winners’ names.

“Now it’s that time of the day again, are you ready?” The emcee asked the audience enthusiastically while the audience cheered and clapped. Dara and the two boys were cheering and clapping on the stage as well.

“The third prize goes to…” The audience held their breath.

“Lee Seunghyun and Kang Daesung from SM!”

Everyone clapped and cheered loudly for the duo, however the two forced a smile as they collected their prize.

“ SM won’t be happy when they heard we only won 3rd!” Seungri whispered to Daesung while he nodded sadly, thinking that they would not be able to stay in SM anymore, since all SM wants is the trophy.

“The second prize goes to…”

“Kang Min Hyuk from FNC!” Everyone cheered loudly but the duo did not fell the happiness, only the gloominess that was to come later.

“Hey cheer up. It’s okay! You guys are always welcome to join YG.” Dara gave the two a light squeeze on the hand as the two held onto her hands, hoping that they won’t get kicked out of SM.

“And the first prize goes to…” The emcee grinned.

“Sandara Park from YG! Congratulations Sandara and YG! This is the 2nd first prize for YG this nationals.” The emcee announced as tears of joy filled Dara’s eyes.

Her hard work this year has been paid off.

“Thank you everyone! This prize, I would like to dedicate it to my 3 best friends over there, and of course, my very supportive family! I love you guys!” Dara thanked them over the mic as her thank you speech.

“And we end off today’s competition and we shall look forward to the next category of competitions, which is the contemporary category! See you guys tomorrow!” After the emcee finished his sentence, confetti popped from the ceiling.

It was a joyous occasion for all, but the boys from SM did not feel any joy at all.

“Hyungs!” The duo shouted as they ran towards their hyungs, hugging them tightly while tears dripped down their faces.

On the other side, Dara’s family and her 3 friends congratulated her for her win, hugging Dara tightly.

“Noona! You were awesome today! I want to dance like you!” Dara’s younger brother, Sang-hyun exclaimed excitedly while their parents laughed.

“Thank you Omma thank you Appa for coming today! Saranghaeyo!” Dara hugged her parents tightly while her parents laughed at their lovely child.

“Dara-yah, omma and appa will support you all the way, neh? Bommie, we’ll support you too, just treat us as your parents too, neh?” Dara’s father told Bom while Bom’s eyes brimmed with tears as she thought of her unsupportive parents and her broken family.

Dara’s family gave Bom a hug while Chaerin and Minzy smiled at the heartwarming side. They all knew what she had gone through. And they would never want her to go through the same thing again.

“Appa, Omma, I’m tired… Can we go home and sleep now?” Sang-hyun rubbed his eyes tiredly, causing the girls to giggle at his cuteness.

“Okay Sang-hyun, let’s go home. Bye girls! Remember to tell us when you girls have any performances or competitions okay? Annyeong!” Dara’s parents waved as they walked off.

“Pst are the boys okay?” Minzy asked Dara while she shook her head and sighed.

“Let’s go and comfort them. YG will welcome them with open arms, neh?” Bom stated as she walked towards the boys, with Chaerin mumbling to herself.

“Stupid boys I hate those boys. I don’t know why but they just irritate me. Especially that panda-looking one.”

This caused Minzy to giggle as they teased each other while approaching the boys.