#03

Just Dance.

“Hyungs what if SM kicks us out? I don’t want to be kicked out!” Daesung wailed while Seungri clutched onto their hyungs who were comforting them.

“They won’t! Will they?” Youngbae questioned Seunghyun while he shrugged, causing the two to cry even louder, attracting the attention of many.

“Are you two okay?” Bom approached them first.

“NOONA!!!” The duo cried and held onto her leg.

“It’s okay oppas, you guys were great! Well at least to me!” Minzy told them.

“How are we going to face SM tomorrow?” Daesung asked with his tear-streaked face.

“We don’t want to get kicked out!” Seungri cried.

“It’s okay, YG will welcome you guys with open arms, I’m very sure of that!” Dara told them.

“Oh congratulations Dara on your prize!” Youngbae congratulated her while his two hyungs glared at him to shut up.

“Sorry! Just trying to be friendly here!” Youngbae said before walking off to congratulate FNC for their achievement.

“Noonaaaaaaa!” Seungri wailed as he clutched onto Dara’s legs.

“It’s okay boys, shhh noonas are here for you, neh?” Bom patted their heads.

“We’ll be here for you guys too, oppas!” Minzy smiled at them while Chaerin nodded her head silently.

“We have to go home now, you boys be good and stop crying okay?” Dara treated them like 5-year-old kids, trying to untangle Seungri’s arms from her legs.

“Seungri and Daesung-ah, let’s go back to our dorms!” Seunghyun told them as he carried Daesung on his back that was wailing to go back to Bom.

“Come on Jerry let’s go.” Jiyong, often termed as Tom, told Seungri who was often termed as Jerry when both of them were together.

“Bye bye!” The girls waved goodbye to the boys while the boys waved back, before they each went in their separate directions.

“Poor boys.” Bom pouted as they walked towards their dormitory.

“Mmhmm.” CL agreed as they continued to walk in silence.

“Stupid SM.” Minzy muttered while the girls nodded.

~~~~~~~

SM BUILDING THE NEXT MORNING

“Daesung, Seungri, you guys are needed in SM’s office. Now.” Coach Kibum told the two the next morning in the studios where they were practicing in, before starting rehearsal with Jiyong, who was joining the contemporary competition that night.

They gave each other that look before standing up and moving towards the office, with their heads low, while their hyungs gulped in fear for them.

“Jiyong, let’s start.”

SM’S OFFICE

It has been 15 minutes since the two stood in the office of Lee Soo Man, the head of the company.

The two glanced at each other nervously while waiting for the artistic director of the company to speak.

“Mr Lee, can you at least speak so we know what we did wrongly?” Seungri, being the bold one, spoke up, immediately taking back his words after his outburst.

“What you did wrongly? What YOU did WRONGLY? Need I say more? You guys only got 3rd prize for your category? That is UNACCEPTABLE!” Soo Man spoke in his raspy voice, making the two cower back in fear.

“Plus, you guys can’t even beat FNC, how are you going to beat YG in the future? Have you guys forgotten our motto? What this company is for is solely to beat YG in whatever he does! You guys can’t even do a simple job of beating FNC, now you tell me, you tell me! How are you guys going to beat YG huh?” Soo Man continued.

“Whatever, I’m done with you guys.” He finished his scolding before sighing.

“Fine! I’m done with you too! I don’t see why winning is that important to you! YG always wins because they enjoy their moment of being on stage! You won’t get it, but dancing is for leisure and for enjoyment! Staying in this company will only kill my passion for dance! That’s it. I’m done. I quit.” Seungri flared out before he walked out of the office and slamming the door, leaving SM and Daesung in shock.

“How about you? Do you have anything to say?” SM glared at Daesung.

“I agree with Seungri… I’m quitting too.” Daesung mumbled before he turned and left the office, not making eye contact with Soo Man.

~~~~~~~

“That Lee Soo Man just gets on my nerves! I’ve already told him I quit.” Seungri told his hyungs what happened after Jiyong’s rehearsal in the studio.

“Me too, I quit too.” Daesung told them as he walked back from his locker with his huge stash of doraemon plushies.

“We’ll still meet for dinners right?” Daesung asked innocently as he looked at his hyungs while his hyungs nodded enthusiastically.

“You know what? After the nationals all of us are going to quit too.” Seunghyun looked at Jiyong and Youngbae, who nodded.

“Then where are we going to go?” Youngbae asked.

“Well, didn’t Dara said that YG will welcome us with open arms?” Jiyong raised his eyebrows while they all nodded.

“Let’s quit after the nationals!” Seunghyun said with determination.

“To a better life! To a better dance company! To us!” Seungri raised an imaginary glass of beer and they all pretended to toast before breaking out into laughter.

~~~~~~~

“Minzy wake up let’s go shopping~” Dara and Bom started to hit Minzy with pillows while Chaerin shook her head in disbelief.

“It’s only 12.30pm!” Minzy whined in her bed.

“Oh no you don’t!” Bom pulled Minzy off her bed as she attempted to cover herself with a blanket.

“Unnie! We don’t have any schedule today… Come on let’s sleep in!” Minzy continued whining.

“Precisely! No schedule means shopping time~ And I want to watch the contemporary nationals tonight!” Dara told Minzy while Minzy went to wash up since she was left with no choice.

Dara and Bom hi-fived each other, causing Chaerin to shake her head.

“What?” The two asked Chaerin.

“The two of you are so hard to wake up when it comes to schedules, but when it comes to free days, wow. And Minzy’s like the total opposite of you guys!” Chaerin commented while the two laughed.

“Come on unnies let’s go!” Minzy came out of the toilet, ready to go.

As Chaerin opened the door and stepped out, she almost tripped over a guy.

“Hey! Watch where you are before you squat, idiot!” Chaerin said, annoyed.

Just then the guy looked up.

“Seungri???” Chaerin asked, shocked that he was outside their dorm.

“Daesung oppa?” Minzy asked, shocked as she saw him beside Seungri.

The two gave them a sheepish grin as they started explaining what happened back at SM.

“Oh of course YG will accept you two cuties!” Bom smiled brightly while Dara nodded.

Chaerin on the other hand, scoffed.

“Minzy-ah, how are we going to survive in YG with this idiot over here?” Chaerin asked, pointing towards Seungri while Minzy giggled.

“I don’t know, they seem so cute!” Minzy replied while giggling, causing the boys to blush.

“Minzy-ah, don’t make their stay here awkward!” Dara laughed.

“Come with us to see papa YG! I’m very sure he’ll accept you!” Bom led the two boys to the building, which made the girls cancel whatever shopping plans they had that day.

~~~~~~~

YG BUILDING

“Show me what the two of you can do.” Papa YG told the boys as they went through an immediate audition after the girls brought them to the YG building.

The two boys nodded as they showed off their skills on the spot.

“Do you guys like dancing? And why?” Papa YG asked the two with scrutinizing eyes. They were, after all, SM dancers.

“Dancing… It just relaxes my soul, and de-stresses me, I mean, that was before I joined SM…” Seungri smiled sadly as he thought of the days when he was still a rookie in the dance world, not knowing much companies that offered the courses that he liked.

“Dancing has always been my favorite thing to do in my free time, and it keeps me fit too! And dancing, it has always been one thing that I look forward to after school. It’s basically what gets me through the torturous school. I mean, school’s like hell.” Daesung scoffed while Minzy and Chaerin giggled and Seungri laughed, as they understood what he meant since they were still schooling. Their answers caused papa YG and the rest of the staff to laugh as well.

“Guess what? Welcome to YG!” Papa YG accepted them and opened his arms for a hug, while the two stared at each other in confusion.

“Erm, thank you Mr Yang?” Daesung stammered as he pulled them in for a hug.

“Call me papa YG. We’re a family here, neh?” He told the duo while they smiled.

“Chaerin, Minzy, show these two around YG, and introduce them to everyone and everything, okay? And yes you two because I’m pretty sure those two over there wants to shop.” Papa YG pointed to Dara and Bom who was laughing as he got it right.

“I’ll pass you everything, your schedules and your keys for your dorm in a few hours from now, so make sure you come and find me at around… 4? Yes 4 o’clock. And then we’ll go watch the contemporary nationals tonight together as a family, neh? Oh yes, you’ll put your things in the girls’ dorm for now.” He nodded at Daesung and Seungri who grinned and nodded at him.

“Bye girls, enjoy yourselves and make sure to get the duo acquainted with our motto and rules!” Papa YG mentioned before he left the studio with the rest of the staff, leaving the six inside.

“Bye girls! Bye boys! We’re going shopping~” Dara and Bom chorused before they left, giggling to themselves, leaving only the four inside.

“Erm, shall we go?” Minzy bit her lip as she tried to break the tense atmosphere between Seungri and Chaerin who were glaring at each other.

“Sure let’s go!” Daesung smiled at Minzy while dragging Seungri along.

“Remember what we promised Se7en oppa?” Dara asked Bom, who nodded as she flashed out her phone.

“I’ve already messaged Hanbyul noona and she’ll be meeting us at Starbucks 15 minutes from now~” Bom showed Dara the messages while the two grinned at each other.

“Let’s go then.” Dara hooked onto Bom’s arm while Bom was trying to message Hanbyul.

“Park sisters power! WOOTS!” The two screamed as they ran out of YG building to catch the bus to Starbucks.

~~~~~~~

“Can you shut up for a moment?” Chaerin snapped at Seungri who interrupted her when she was telling the duo the mottos of YG.

Seungri bit his lip while muttering a sorry.

“Where are the other two?” Chaerin glanced behind Seungri to find the both eagerly talking with one another, Minzy slapping Daesung’s arms once in a while as he joked with her.

Chaerin smiled as she saw them approaching them.

“Eh cat, you should smile more. You look really pretty when you smile.” Seungri told her as she glared back at him.

“Did you just call me a cat? A cat, you panda?” Chaerin’s anger started rising as Seungri cowered back, obviously regretting his words.

“Well, your eyes make you look like a cat. A pretty one, to be exact.” Seungri bravely spoke up, while Chaerin rolled her eyes.

“You guys click well, eh?” Chaerin raised her brow at the two while they blushed.

“No, we just realized that we’re all in the same school, and how we can’t wait to meet some es and bastards when school reopens.” Daesung rolled his eyes while Minzy nodded.

“Language, guys!” Chaerin wagged her finger at Daesung, while Daesung just shrugged.

“I’m your oppa, it’s okay.” Daesung told Chaerin while she hung her shoulders down, forgetting that this doraemon lover is older than her, causing the four to laugh.

~~~~~~~

COMPETITION ARENA

“Hwaiting Jiyong-oppa!” Seungri gave him a hug backstage, before the competition started while the girls each gave him a smile before they went to the audience seats, leaving Jiyong alone backstage to warm up and stretch.

“Hey there, what’s your name? You seem lonely. Let me join you!” This flashy girl coated in makeup greeted Jiyong while he cringed due to the huge layer of makeup on the girl’s face.

“Hi, but no I’m fine being alone.” Jiyong waved her off, however she stuck onto Jiyong like chewing gum.

“Come on, let’s be friends! I’m Sohee!” She stuck her hand out while Jiyong had no choice but to introduce himself.

“Jiyong.” He quickly released his arm from her tight grip.

~~~~~~~

“I wonder how Jiyong is doing inside alone.” Seunghyun wondered.

“He must be enjoying himself inside! I saw this really hot chick inside his dressing room!” Seungri mentioned as he jumped around.

“Are you really our maknae?” Youngbae face palmed.

“Oh yes guys! Me and Dara bought drinks for you all!” Bom took out bottles of drinks from a plastic bag and passed it around.

“Wait why is there an extra?” Bom scratched her head.

“Oh, I bought an extra one for Jiyong…” Dara rubbed the back of her head and smiled sheepishly and the gang.

“Go go go! Go to your Jiyong!” Bom told Dara as she passed her the extra bottle, while everyone started to tease Dara.

“Yah! I’m going!” Dara stated as she got pushed by Seungri and Chaerin towards the dressing room.

As soon as she reached the dressing room, she heard a girl’s whiny voice talking to Jiyong. She clenched her jaw as she opened the door and saw a girl sitting on Jiyong’s lap while Jiyong was trying to push her off.

“Jagiya! I brought some drinks for you!” Dara grinned at Jiyong while the girl looked at her from head to toe.

“Jiyong oppa you know her?” Sohee asked while Dara cringed when she heard her call him oppa.

“Yes, he knows me, and I’m his yeoja. Is there a problem with that?” Dara clenched her fists as she tried to smile.

Jiyong just sat there in shock as the two conversed and when Sohee finally left, Dara walked towards him to pass him the bottled drink.

“Sorry, that girl just pisses me off. I don’t know why.” Dara mentioned while she was absorbed with helping Jiyong open his bottle cap, not realizing that Jiyong was staring at her the whole time.

“So, you’re my yeoja, huh?” Jiyong smirked while Dara backed away as she realized what she said.

“Ani ani! I was just angry and I was trying to get her to stop bothering you!” Dara gasped as Jiyong’s face came closer and closer to hers, until Dara could feel his breath on her face.

“The competition’s starting now, can all competitors get ready, and audience please go back to your seats.” One of the staff informed the two, letting Dara heave a sigh of relief.

“Ibettergobackbye!” Dara mumbled as she ran out of the dressing room in top speed, causing Jiyong to grin as he thought of what Dara said before this.

~~~~~~~

After the competition, everyone gathered together in a 24-hour café as they started to talk about transferring to YG.

“Are you guys sure that you want to join YG?” The girls asked while the boys nodded.

“SM seriously kills our passion for dance!” Jiyong groaned while the rest of the boys nodded

“Hurry up and transfer, come join me and Daesung oppa!” Seungri clapped his hands enthusiastically while the rest laughed.

“Aigoo my dongsaengs are so cute!” Dara smiled as she patted their heads.

“I’m cute too right, my yeoja?” Jiyong winked at Dara causing her cheeks to be red with embarrassment.

“What’s going on between you two that we don’t know?” Youngbae asked seriously while trying to stifle a laugh, while the rest of them stared at the two seriously.

“Well-” Jiyong started, while Dara immediately covered his mouth with her hand.

“NOTHING! Nothing happened! That was what he was going to say, right?” Dara glared at Jiyong who shook his head but ended up nodding with the help of Dara’s other hand, while the rest looked at them curiously.

“Dara, I’m your best friend! How can you not tell me anything?” Bom started to wail being the dramatic person she is while the girls started to comfort Bom.

“Unnie! We trusted you, so why can’t you trust us now?” Minzy added into the drama, causing Dara to look away guiltily.

“Fine fine fine! I’ll tell you girls back at the dorm!” Dara puffed out her cheeks.

“Aigoo my cute yeoja!” Jiyong started to pinch Dara’s cheeks, making Dara wide-eyed.

“Chincha unnie?” Chaerin asked, and amazingly, the three girls who were sobbing so pitifully were back on their feet and smiling cheerfully at everyone.

“I think you girls have split personalities.” Seungri mentioned innocently as he glanced at them.

“YAH LEE SEUNGRI!"