#04

Just Dance.

BACK AT THE DORMS

 

“So unnie! Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!” Minzy jumped onto Dara’s bed while Bom and Chaerin stood near the door.

After Dara told the girls what happened, she shoved her face into her pillow while the trio jumped around Dara’s bed.

“Oh my gosh that’s so awesome!” Chaerin fangirled over her ultimate ship, while Minzy was too giddy with happiness that she went mute.

“Who knew you were the jealous type, Dara?” Bom teased Dara and giggled, while Dara groaned.

“Go to sleep! Bom has her competition tomorrow!” Dara threw a pillow at the trio who was still laughing as they made their way out.

“Haiz those girls will be the death of me.” Dara mumbled as she fell into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~~

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

After the ballet competition, which Bom won of course, the nine gathered back at YG to meet papa YG about the transfer.

“So… Are you guys sure about transferring to YG? Soo Man wouldn’t be happy when he hears this, I warn you. He might go after you. He’s a complicated man and I don’t want to mess with him.” Papa YG told the other 3 boys while they nodded, aware of Mr Lee’s personality.

“If that’s the case, welcome to YG!” Papa YG hugged the boys individually while the girls giggled slightly at the side.

“And you girls shall be in charge of showing them around, okay?” Papa YG told the girls while they nodded.

Suddenly, a couple appeared next to papa YG, holding each other’s hands.

“Se7en oppa you’re back with Hanbyul unnie?” Minzy and Chaerin gasped while Bom and Dara hi-fived each other.

The couple nodded shyly while the boys looked at each other, confused.

“These two are just a few of our teachers here at YG. Outside of class, we treat each other as siblings.” Papa YG quickly explained to the boys.

“How?” Chaerin asked the couple.

“Well, we, as the Park sisters, couldn’t bear to see Se7en oppa this sad, so we met Hanbyul unnie at Starbucks yesterday before the competition.” Bom started.

“And, it turns out that it was because- Unnie, is it okay to tell them?” Dara stopped while Hanbyul nodded.

“It turns out that Hanbyul unnie was threatened to leave Se7en oppa because Se7en oppa’s omma decided that unnie was not good enough for oppa. I know, it’s so sad.” Dara sniffled with Minzy and Chaerin while Bom continued.

“And of course, we went to search for Se7en oppa’s omma and told her everything and blah blah blah. And tah-dah!” Bom announced happily.

“Anyway, it’s getting late, you girls should head back to your dorms and rest. You boys too, okay?” Papa YG interrupted while they nodded.

“I’ll drive you girls back since our dorms are next to each other.” Seunghyun offered.

“One car’s not enough, I’ll help drive you girls back too.” Jiyong offered as well while papa YG hit the back of their heads.

“Then how about your own roommates huh?” Papa YG reminded them, showing the other three’s pouty faces.

“We’ll split then.” Seunghyun suggested.

“Dara, Chaerin, Seungri and Youngbae in my car.” Jiyong said as they made their way to his car.

“Well, guess the three of you are stuck with me now.” Seunghyun grinned.

“Who’s sitting at the front?” Seunghyun asked while Bom shot her hand up.

“I don’t want to disturb these two lovebirds.” Bom giggled while Daesung and Minzy glared at Bom.

“What? I bet $20 that these two will end up together by the end of the year.” Bom laughed along with Seunghyun.

“Well then I bet $50 that you two will end up together too! Hmph!” Daesung crossed his arms together with Minzy.

“I bet $75!”

“I bet $100!”

“$125.”

“$150!”

“Enough no one’s gonna remember this bet when Minzy and Daesung get together anyway, so get in the car!” Seunghyun ordered them while they hopped onto the car, still arguing over their bets with Minzy blushing profusely at the way Daesung helped her into the car.

 

~~~~~~~

DORMS

 

It was already around 2 to 3am, however Bom couldn’t fall asleep no matter how hard she tried. She got up from her bed and decided to eat something before she goes back to bed again, but right at that moment, her phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?” Bom slurred as she was half-awake.

“Yoboseyo Bommie-ah, Omma misses you so much!”

“Omma!” Bom cried out tears of joy upon hearing from her mom.

“Aigoo honey don’t cry! Omma’s fine! Are you still dancing?”

“Yes omma, I want to continue your dream!”

“Honey, my dream is my dream, and I can’t dance anymore. Because of dance, some people turned me into what I am now, which brought me here to London. I don’t want my dream to affect you the way it affected me. I know no matter what you won’t stop dancing, but honey, you have to be careful, I heard from your appa that they are still searching for me and I’m afraid they will harm you to get to me.” Bom’s mother warned her.

“What time is it there now, omma?”

“It’s 6+, having dinner with your appa! Do you want to talk to him?”

“Yes please omma!”

“Yoboseyo? Bommie?”

“Appa! I missed you so much!”

“I miss you too Bom. Please don’t tell me you’re still dancing.”

“I am, appa, and I’m doing really well!”

“I know no matter what I say, you won’t stop dancing, will you?”

“Yes appa.”

“Then I want you to know. It is very dangerous for you now, you have to be very careful. The men that hurt your omma is coming for you. Remember you have to be very careful. Don’t go out late at night alone, understand?”

“Yes appa, I understand. I don’t get it, why do they want to come after me?”

“I will tell you when you need to know, darling. I don’t need you to worry. But please try to stop dancing.”

“Okay appa. I will never stop dancing, you know that.”

“We got to go honey. Bye, we love you, remember that.

“When are you coming back?”

“We don’t know, but we really got to go. Bye.” With that, Bom’s parents hung up the phone, leaving Bom in tears as she thought of what dancing did to her mother.

She sniffled her tears and wiped them off with a brand new determination and dream from her mother: To be the best ballerina in the world.

~~~~~~~

 

BOM’S POV

 

“Aigoo, it’s a free day today, let the poor girl sleep!”

“But unnie, she promised to bring us shopping!”

“Can’t you see how dead tired she is? Not even the smell of corn can wake her today!”

“Minzy, why not we get the boys to bring us instead?”

“Chincha unnie? What happened to the Lee Chaerin I know?”

“Aish move your talk somewhere else, let Bommie sleep!”

It was funny because their noise woke me up without them even knowing. I waited and waited to see what would happen next but then I felt someone sat on the side of my bed, and heard the door closing.

It was then that I decided to open my eyes, and I saw Dara sitting on my bed, giggling at something on her phone.

“OMO! Sorry unnie did I wake you?”

“No, don’t worry I was already awake when you guys were having your conversation.”

“What happened to you unnie? I heard you crying yesterday, did they call?”

Out of the three girls, I told Dara everything, because I didn’t want to burden the younger ones with my problems.

“Yes, they did.” I started telling her our whole conversation, and without realizing, tears dripped down my face as I hugged her tightly.

She started to pat my head as I sobbed. Sometimes, I feel like she’s older than me.

“Bommie, do you want me to get some corn for you? Want to have a girl’s day out?” Dara asked. She always knows how to cheer me up.

“Sure, just let me get ready.” I smiled as I went to the toilet to get ready for a shopping trip with Dara.