#01

Just Dance.

AUTHOR’S POV:

Loud cheers can be heard when Lee Chaerin and Gong Minji from YG Dance Company finished their hip-hop routine in the nationals. Making a short bow before proceeding backstage to let the judges finally decide the winning item in their category, their best friends, Park Bom and Sandara Park congratulated them immediately when they came off stage.

“You guys did such a good job!” Dara hugged them both so tightly while they were still gasping for air after that tiring routine.

“Are you sure? I almost tripped in the middle!” Minji, also known as Minzy, exclaimed, as she almost broke down into tears.

“No you guys did a great job! You’re going to make papa YG proud! And the fall wasn’t obvious at all! It seemed like part of the routine!” Bom said excitedly while Chaerin just plopped down onto the floor, tired out from the most important competition in the year.

“Aigoo Chaerin-ah stand up!” Dara said as she pulled her up.

“I’m so nervous unnies! What if we lose? What if we lose the first time papa YG decides to send us for competition? And may I add the most important competition for all dance companies in Korea? What if he fires us from the company?” Chaerin asked nervously as she plopped down onto the floor again, this time along with Minzy.

“Aniyo! He wouldn’t! Remember the motto of YG? Enjoy yourselves and don’t care about the prize! Remember?” Bom wagged her finger at the two while Dara nodded her head.

“Come on you two! You guys have to get back up on stage with the rest of the competitors before the emcee announces the winners of your category! Hwaiting!” Dara rushed them back on stage, feeling happy for her dongsaengs since they did a great job for their first competition.

“I know they’ll win first prize for YG!” Bom told Dara as they rushed back to the audience seats to see the prize giving while Dara laughed and nodded her head.

SEUNGRI’S POV:

I wonder who those two last dancers are! Their movements were so dynamic and powerful, even though they seem like newbies in YG! Hmm I really wish I can be a hip hop dancer… Stupid SM! If only they had enough jazz dancers than I wouldn’t have to be in the jazz course… Haizzz.

“Seungri-ah wish your hyung luck before he goes on stage to receive my prize hmm?” Youngbae hyung nudged me before he went on stage.

“Mm okie good luck hyung! Hwaiting!” I cheered him on as he went on stage with the other two girls that I’m pretty sure would win Youngbae-hyung.

“Hyungs, do you think Youngbae-hyung would win this round?” I asked my hyungs that were watching this round of competition with me.

“I’m not sure, he has some fierce competition this year.” Seunghyun-hyung replied, scratching his chin, while Jiyong-hyung and Daesung-hyung agreed.

“Let’s just watch and see.” Jiyong-hyung said before we turned our attention back on stage, where those two hot chicks are.

Dayum I can’t stop staring at that girl who looks like a cat. She looks kinda… familiar. Hmm I wonder where I saw her before?

“Now it’s the moment of truth. Are you guys ready???” The emcee shouted, pumping up the atmosphere in the ring.

“YEAHHHH!” Everyone shouted enthusiastically, as claps and wolf-whistles are heard.

“Judges, are you ready?” The emcee asked the judges before one of them nodded and passed the most important piece of paper to him.

“Okay so third prize goes to… Sung Jae and Dujun from CUBE!” Everyone clapped while Sung Jae and Dujun collected his trophy and his prize money from the guest-of-honor.

“Now according to the judges, they had a really hard time choosing between 1st and 2nd Prize this time round! I’m sure you guys enjoyed watching these two items as well, even I couldn’t predict the winner this time round! But here goes. Second prize goes to….”

Everyone held their breath as the emcee paused for a moment as he checked the paper.

“Youngbae from SM! Congratulations Youngbae! Sorry you had to lose your winning streak… That’s just too bad…” The emcee continued, receiving boos from the audience as hyung collected his first ever 2nd prize, forcing a smile.

“Well now I guess you know who won 1st prize yeah?” The emcee asked the audience with a grin while another two hot girls from the other side of the audience shouted back.

“LEE CHAERIN AND GONG MIN JI FROM YG!” Those two girls shouted. I assume they are from YG and are their best friends. And damn they are hot too.

“You got that right. 1st prize goes to Lee Chaerin and Gong Minji from YG! Congratulations ladies! Great job for your first ever competition!” Everyone cheered and wolf-whistled for them including me of course. Damn they are hot and pretty cute too, especially when they smile.

If only I was in YG…

“Would you like to say anything to anyone?” The emcee asked them while they took the mic.

“Thank you everyone for your support! I’m Chaerin!”

“And I’m Minji!”

“Thank you papa YG, for giving us the chance to compete in the nationals and for honing our skills! Thank you Bom-unnie and Dara-unnie for always being there for us! Thank you to every one of you out there for your great support! We love you!”

The hot cat-like girl, Chaerin, finished her speech before she ran down stage to grab those two girls that I noticed were quite hot just now.

“Thank you all for coming today, and good luck for the rest of the competitors for other categories! With this, I end today’s hip-hop category nationals!” The emcee finished off before confetti popped from the ceiling, surprising those on the stage.

I ran down to find Youngbae-hyung who was partying on the stage with the other competitors to congratulate him, with all my hyungs trailing behind.

“Congratulations hyung! You did a fantastic job!” I hugged hyung while he pushed me away.

“Ewww don’t touch me Seungri-ah! And they did a better job haha go congratulate them instead!” Youngbae-hyung pointed at Chaerin and Minji.

The five of us walked towards them, and Youngbae-hyung did a surprise hug behind Minji.

“Oppa! Congratulations!” Minji smiled at Youngbae and he smiled back his usual eye-smile.

“Thanks Minji! You too! Great job today!” Youngbae flashed a good sign at the both of them while we just stared at them, shocked.

“We’re neighbours until we had to move into our dorms when we joined the company.” Minji stated matter-of-factly.

“Since we were babies.” Youngbae-hyung completed her sentence.

“So basically we’re like brother and sister.” Minji told us, including her 3 friends.

“You guys should all introduce each other!” Youngbae-hyung clapped his hands excitedly.

“Erm okay then guys first.” Chaerin said, not looking interested in the conversation at all.

“Hi I’m Seunghyun, and I’m 21 years old this year. Majoring in ballet.” Seunghyun-hyung took the initiative to start first, before tugging on Jiyong’s sleeve to make him introduce himself.

JIYONG’S POV:

“Hi I’m Jiyong, turning 20 this year, majoring in contemporary.” I flashed my brightest smile, trying to impress the girl next to Chaerin and Minji.

She looks so much like a goddess, although she looks so petite and she seems like the youngest in the group.

“Hi I’m Daesung, 19 years old! Studying jazz in SM with Seungri over here.” Daesung said, pointing to Seungri, who waves enthusiastically.

“As you guys probably already know, I’m the aweshum Seungri who studies jazz with this doraemon freak and I’m 18 this year~” Seungri said with confidence as he stuck out his chest.

“Arrogant. Stupid boy I hope he doesn’t win Dara-unnie in Jazz tomorrow.” Chaerin muttered but of course everyone heard it.

The guys all laughed with Seungri blushing while the girls head-locked her.

“Chaerin! How can you say such a thing! Remember YG’s motto, okay?” The girl with really long legs scolded her.

“Sorry Bom-unnie and Dara-unnie! Forgive me~” She apologized with a sing song voice while we laughed again.

“Yes okay haha promise me you’ll remember that dance isn’t always about winning, arasso?” That goddess whose name is either Bom or Dara replied her.

She nodded her head while the girls started introducing themselves.

“Annyeong I’m Minji, but call me Minzy please, and I’m the youngest here! I’m 16 this year, and as you guys probably already know, I’m majoring in hip-hop!” She introduced herself while I noticed Daesung who was staring at the exact replica of himself, only in girl form.

“Are you by any chance related to Daesung?” Seunghyun-hyung asked Minzy out of curiosity while Minzy and Daesung shook their heads furiously.

“Aniyo!” Daesung formed a ‘cross’ sign with his arms as he continued to shake his head.

“Not at all! I just knew someone like him existed today!” Minzy replied in shock while everyone laughed.

“Hi! I’m Park Bom, and I’m 21 this year! Taking on ballet since I was 3!” Bom-unnie introduced herself, and all of us could see that she is really passionate about her dancing. I respect her so much because of her passion and drive! I mean, it’s not every day you find girls who feel such strong passion for anything, right?

“Yup I know you Bom, ever since young you were the one that always beat me in competitions, remember?” Seunghyun-hyung raised his eyebrow while Bom laughed and nodded her head.

“Hello I’m Sandara Park, but call me Dara please! I’m 20 this year! Training in the modern jazz course of YG!” Dara said as she grinned cheerily at Seungri, who grinned back.

“May the best dancer win tomorrow!” She added as she stuck out her hand to Seungri and Daesung while they shook hands.

“Yup! I can’t wait to see you guys compete tomorrow!” Bom clapped her hands excitedly.

“Unnies I’m feeling sleepy… I wanna wake up early tomorrow!” Minzy said, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

“Okay then let’s go home and have a good night’s rest before tomorrow’s competition! Good night guys!” Dara waved goodbye as the girls left the arena, leaving us guys on the stage alone.

“Goodbye!” All of us waved back.

AUTHOR’S POV:

She’s… quite cute. Seunghyun thought of Bom.

She’s really pretty, just like a goddess. Even her voice. Wow. Just wow. Jiyong thought about Dara.

Minzy’s… interesting. Who knew that she knew Youngbae-hyung? Daesung thought to himself.

Wow. Fierce. I like fierce. Seungri thought as he remembered Chaerin's hip hop performance and their little meeting just now.

Those girls all look so cute. Why doesn’t SM have any pretty girls like them? Youngbae thought to himself as he shook his head.

As each of the boys drowned in their own thoughts, the arena staff chased them out, so that they can prepare the stage for tomorrow’s competition.