Bad Boy or Good Boy

town's cupid

The next few weeks went by smoothly. Except for at lunch. Jane refused to sit by me, being the bigger person I said by another group of friends. Our friendship was slowly but surely deteriating and shockingly, I was okay with it. I was changing and with change comes new things and some old things get left behind. But regardless, even if our friendship is somewhat over, I still had to tell her about Van and I. Speaking of Van, things have been...the same. I can't determine if I have feelings for him or not. And I need to. The 6 weeks are almost up. For a matter of fact, tomorrow's the last day. Ugh great.

 

"Hi Diana." I said walking into the kitchen.

 

 "Hey gorgeous. You look stressed. What's wrong?"

 

Most times when I come home from hanging out with Van, Diana was usually here. Dad and her have been spending an ample amount of time together. I think its good for him. Diana is a good woman and I hope my dad keeps her around.

 

"Nothing I'm fine." I lied looking around. "Wait where's dad?"

 

"He wanted to get a few things from the grocery store. You don't mind me being here...do you?"

 

I smiled. "Of course not." Then slouched in a stool and propped my elbows on the island and dropped my chin in between them.

 

She poured a cup of juice and handed it to me. "What's going on kiddo? And nothing isn't an answer."

 

"What about nada?"

 

"Ziltch, zero, not a thing, not, and so on. These are not legit enough answers." she smiled.

 

She leaned against the island and looked at me waiting for me to spill. There's no way I could tell her about Van and Kim so instead I said, "Have you ever liked a guy that's all wrong for you? And then met a guy that's all right for you, but you don't know if you have feelings for him?"

 

She waited a few seconds, "Sure have. Every girl wants a bad boy. Their mysterious, edgy, yet attractive, and they have this dangerous side about them that says don't come near but your curiosity gets the best of you. You go very close. You just want to explore, but you know what I've learned from my experience?"

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"That underneath every bad boys tough exterior their actually a good boy."

 

I smiled. "Your right about that."

 

Diana laughed, "Thank you. Glad I helped, if I did."

 

"Oh you did." We both laughed.

 

My dad came in smiling. "I love seeing my two ladies get along."

 

When dinner was up I went ready for bed. After that was over I sat in and bed and thought about who wold I be confessing my feelings for tomorrow. "God help me make the right decision tomorrow." I looked back on how much fun I had with the two. My favorite moment with Kim was when he tried flirting with of the women janitor so he couldn't have to clean that day. I laughed at the thought of that. My favorite moment with Van was one day he was eating all of his food so fast and ended up getting some of it over his chin. I wiped it off with my thumb and he grabbed it pulling me into a kiss. Van did have his moments when I actually wanted to kiss him and that was one of them.There's not a day that goes by where I didn't not want to kiss Kim

, but of course I couldn't, we're friends. I'm not sure that will ever change no matter how much I wanted it to. What if this is just a phase and it'll pass by and Van is the guy for me, but I gave him up for a kindergartner crush? That's what scares me the most. What if whatever guy I choose, what if I make the wrong decision?I thought more on the both of them then smiled and laid back in bed.

 

 

"I know who I want. I just hope its the right one." Then turned off my lamp and drifted off to sleep.