My mom and her fiance

town's cupid

She beamed, "Oh sweetheart I missed you." she walked towards me and pulled me into a hug. Only I didn't hug back. 

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised and pulling from her grasp.

 

"Well," she smiled. "As you know I'm getting married and you and your father were to pay me a visit but he said you've been stressed these past few weeks and very busy, so I decided to surprise you and come. SURPRISE!"

 

I didn't return the smile. I hid back the rude comments I wanted to say, "Oh that's great. You look...nice." I said and she did. My mother has always had that gorgeous look. The old she grew it seemed the younger she looked. I sure hope that's what I had ready for me in the future if anything is given from her.

 

"Of course, we both do." she smiled.I looked over at my dad giving him a desperate look. I wanted out. I didn't want to be in her presence and I did not like her in my house.

 

My dad spoke up, "Sorry this caught you off guard."Yeah right. But you will be sorry. How could I have not been given a heads up? But I said. "No biggies. If you'll excuse me, I have homework to do."

 

My mother's smile faltered then picked back up. "Oh spend time with me. Plus I want you to meet someone special."I already knew exactly who she was talking about. She was referring to her stupid fiance.

 

"Who? You have a new pet?" I asked playing dumb.Clearly she didn't hear the sarcasm in my voice, "Don't be silly I don't have a new pet." she beamed. "I want you to meet my fiance and your soon to be stepfather."  Wow really? She has some nerves. Call a guy I've never met 'dad', ha yeah right, I will not. He hasn't earned my respect and lost it when he decided to marry my mom. "Oh Nick stop being so shy, come on. Come meet my delight, Pie."

 

The man stood up and began walking towards us. He had on dark blue jeans, with a loose fitted red shirt, and red and black tennis shoes. He looked to be in his late 30s early 40s, but wasn't bad looking. He was a clean cut man. "Hi I'm Nick, nice to meet you." he gave me a smile and extended his hand.I looked down at it then back at him and did something rude. I fake coughed on my hand and wiped both hands together.

 

"Pie." I smiled. I looked around to see the shock looks on everyone's faces. He slowly pulled his hand away."Nice to finally meet you I hear a lot about you." he smiled.

 

What a lie. He couldn't have used a better more ORIGINAL lie? That is an overused washed up lie.

 

"That's cool, Tommy."He his lower lip.

 

"Its Nick."

 

"Great well I have homework. Nice meet you again, Oscar." I said walking past them then stopping. "And Diana you look amazing as usual." Then proceeded to my room. Believe me when I say this. That was me being nice. There was so many rude things I wanted to say and didn't. I just hope my mother got the memo. I'm done with her and I don't want to have anything to do with her or her 'fiance.' I can't believe she honestly thinks I'd just call him dad, and be so sweet and kind, just because she did a 'surprise visit' if anything it only ticked me off more. 2 hours later my dad came into my room, of course mad.

 

"What was that?"

 

I gave him a clueless loo, "What was what?"

 

 "Don't play dumb with me." He said sternly.

 

"It was nice, I know. So what's for dinner?" I asked walking past him and into the kitchen. To my surprise Diana was still here.

 

"Hey Diana."She smiled.

 

"Hi sweetheart."

 

"Pie, your mother wants you to be in her wedding. She'll be back in a few weeks to do all the dress things with you." my dad informed.

 

"No thanks."

 

He gave me a look. "She's your mother and I'm telling you to do this. And the next time she and Nick comes you will apologize for tonight. Have you lost your mind? What you did tonight was not only wrong but disrespectful to everyone that was in the room. You not only embarrassed your mother but you embarrassed me. Whatever is going on in your head, cut it."

 

I looked over at Diana to see her give me a sympathetic look. "Whatever. I'm eating upstairs. Oh and maybe you should be John's best man. Since it seems you care more about what he feels than I do." I said storming off. I can't believe I just said that. Where did this new found attitude come from? I don't know but I sure do like it.