Nine.

Soul Mates, Strings and All Your Little Things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minor time skip: 6 months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summer had left just as soon as it had arrived; making way for winter's bitter greetings once again as the plum haired boy lay his head against the cold marble of the bar, his eyes slowly blurring over and his head throbbing lightly.

Nam Woohyun had spent the last few weeks constantly out with one of his close friends; hitting up bars, drinking until he could barely stand and basically slowly intoxicating himself into a small pit of depression which he was struggling to climb out from.

He liked drinking though; it made him forget.

What was he trying to forget? He couldn't remember.

Good start.

But as always, his oh so caring friend would always be there to remind him as to why he was in that state in the first place; constantly complaining about how Woohyun needed to 'get a hold of himself' and, 'pull himself together!'

Why did he bother joining him in the first place if he was going to be such a kill-joy?

Feeling reluctant, but still knowing that his friend wasn't going to stop talking until he responded, the plum haired boy slowly lifted his head, dropping his arms to his side as he squinted harshly at the older male.

Why was he staring at him like that?

"Yah, Woohyun-ah, are you going to answer me?"

Woohyun felt himself rocking slightly on his seat; why did everything sound as though it was under water right now? 

Squeezing his eyes shut, Woohyun gripped tightly the forearms of the elder male shaking him, before forcing his eyes open wide as suddenly everything became a lot clearer to him.

"What the heck is wrong with you? When are you going to snap out of this?"

Woohyun sighed, releasing the boys arms before running a hand through his hair.

"It's been over a week Woohyun, I don't know what's got into you, but-"

"It's just the way he, flaunts it around.." Woohyun started, interrupting the other male as he rolled a hand through the air, his lips forming a confused frown as he thought of his next words. "He.. He thinks he's sooo special!" Woohyun raised both arms in the air, giggling lightly before turning to whisper in the elder's ear.

"D-don't.. ugh.. Don't tell him I said this.. But he's not!"

Woohyun's long time friend and former co-worker Sunggyu now took the time to frown at the boy; watching with a concerned face as the younger male slowly leaned back, placing a finger to his lips as he wobbled on his seat.

Sunggyu used to like spending time with Woohyun. Every time the boy invited him out he would immediately accept his offer, often excited and ready for a night out but lately.. Lately Woohyun had been acting strange.. His anger slowly grew more intense every time they met, even if it was mild, and Woohyun's company began to get less and less enjoyable.

Even if Sunggyu wanted to deny this, he couldn't lie to himself.

And yet there he was, like always, looking after the extremely intoxicated male; listening to his drunk slurs and questioning why he was even bothering with such an embarrassment.

But Sunggyu didn't want to be responsible if anything were to happen to the younger boy. Especially if he decided to sneak away and leave him to wallow in his own pity alone. And so he just stuck it out, it was already 1am and Woohyun had to be at work tomorrow.. He'd be done soon right? At least, Sunggyu hoped so. 

"He just sits there.. Flashing... Flashing his hand around in wooshy motions that say wooo, look at me!" Sunggyu watched with furrowed brows as Woohyun turned to face the bar, raising one arm high to swirl his hand in the air as he watched intensely, his lips pursed.

"I hate him."

"If you hate him, why are you thinking about him so much?" Now was Sunggyu's turn to speak as Woohyun began rubbing the back of his neck, before spinning on his stool to face the elder; drink still in hand.

"Argh, I don't know, he just.." Woohyun began squeezing his glass tighter, the clear liquid inside shaking slightly as he did. "If he knew what was good for him, he'd stop bragging... His boyfriend's a loser anyway!"

"What makes you think that?"

"Sunggyu.. His face just.. It just screams, 'King Douche Bag'.." Woohyun raised one brow, wiggling his fingers for effect as the elder just shook his head in disbelief. 

Woohyun always was the jealous type.

"But you're not going to tell him that his boyfriend's a douche bag?"

Woohyun began to frown, a questioning look decorating his face as he tilted his head.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if he's that much of a douche, why haven't you told him?"

Sunggyu didn't mean to influence Woohyun, in fact, he didn't even know who they were talking about, but that still didn't change the fact that he had sparked the brightest idea in Woohyun's head.

In that moment, Woohyun came up with the perfect plan to get rid of that pathetic loser, Kim Jonghyun.

"Sunggyu, you're a genius!" The plum haired boy yelled, throwing his arms around the elder's neck who caught him in his embrace just before the younger hit the floor. "Wah, I knew you could help me! Let's celebrate! Oh no wait I have work tomorrow I can't get drunk... Okay but next week, we can hang out okay!"

Sunggyu remained silent, eyeing his friend awkwardly with a small nod as the boy pointed in his direction with a smile.

Sunggyu thought Woohyun was stupid after that evening. Dragging the boy home was not much of an eventful memory for him but at least he could make the boy a little bit happier.

Whether it would last though, he didn't know.

 

~

 

Sitting in the small, comfortable chair of his familiar office block, Kibum felt a small smile growing on his lips as he leant back, his feet raised onto the desk whilst he stared affectionately at his ring finger, twisting the warm, silver metal every now and again.

Kibum felt like the happiest boy alive when Jonghyun said yes to him. Initially he'd felt silly, the idea of getting down on one knee and pouring his heart out to the boy he loved, all in the hopes of hearing the small word 'yes' just didn't seem right to him, but once he'd placed that knee on the floor, and once he saw the hopeful smile slowly spread across Jonghyun's tanned cheeks, he knew why everyone loved the cliche romance so much.

It surprised Key, how natural it felt. He hadn't exactly rehearsed, but he had tried to think of what he would say to the elder whilst he was knelt. 

It all came so naturally though, everything he wanted to say; every emotion he wanted to express. He couldn't remember how long he'd babbled on for before his smile left his face, and Jonghyun left the room.

"I can't believe you beat me to it..."

Those words replayed in Kibum's mind like a broken record.

Admittedly, it was one he didn't want to fix.

He remembered how Jonghyun had re-entered the room; a small box in hand and a sheepish smile decorated his face before he padded over to a now standing Kibum.

"Wow, so you could have said yes before just leaving me there like a fool.." Key had laughed.

He pretended to be angry, but he wasn't.. How could he be?

Leaning further back on his office chair, Key unhooked the head piece from his ear, laying it on the table before he unconsciously began twisting the ring on his finger.

He wondered if it was all too soon. After he had proposed, he wondered if he had done the right thing but he loved Jonghyun. He loved everything about him. From his puppy eyes, to the little mole on his chest; his pouty lips that had the ability to form a breath taking smile, right down to his slightly immature personality.

Kibum loved everything about him, and even if they were young, he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with the boy.

A small cough brought Kibum out of his day dream. It was a cough that asked for attention, and so with a sigh, Key reluctantly raised his head, not even attempting to hide his hand as the small, plum haired boy leant over his work space.

There were only around six or seven people left in the large office, how lucky, Key though.

"Hey Key.." Woohyun sounded sad, had he ever called Kibum by that name before?

"Alright?" Key was done with being polite, the boy had been on his case ever since the light had reflected off his finger, and Kibum began to find it more than annoying.

"Mm.."

Right.

Was Key supposed to respond to that? 

He hoped Woohyun wasn't expecting a response as he clicked his tongue, picking his phone up from the table to place it in his pocket before he stood up, tucking his chair in and heading towards the coat rack.

Key counted his steps; he'd managed to take about four before the plum haired boy began following him; picking up his pace as Key began to walk faster until he reached the other end of the office, lifting the hood of his khaki parker only to have a small hand grab at his wrist.

With a small sigh Key turned his head, visually frustrated as he faced the boy.

"What?"

"Can we talk? Please?"

Key felt his eyebrows unconsciously furrow together as he snook his wrist from the other's hold.

"Why, what about?"

"You."

Brave was the first word that came to mind as that word fell from Woohyun's mouth. Key didn't particularly want to talk to Woohyun, nor did he want to talk about himself, but feeling like he'd been rude enough already, Key felt his body slouch a little as he reluctantly nodded, encouraging the boy to hurry up with whatever he oh so importantly had to say.

"It's just that.. I think-"

Key felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, immediately pulling it out in an attempt to ignore Woohyun's whining for as long as possible whilst he read the message.

"From - Taemin x

I'm going over to Minho's after school okay? Don't worry about cooking for me! ^^ <3"

Taking the golden opportunity to ignore the plum haired boy, Key decided to reply to the younger's message, even though he'd usually just let it slide.

"To - Taemin x

No touchy! >< xxx"

Taemin knew what Key meant, at least he hoped.. Key didn't exactly want to spell it out to the boy, especially since he'd been spending an awful lot more time with Jonghyun's younger brother lately.

Key never actually knew if Taemin was gay or not..

Okay, who was he kidding, Taemin was totally gay.. Key had seen the look he had in his eyes when he spoke of Minho for the first time; Key sees the way he acts and the affection he shows towards him and Jonghyun.

Oh wow, was Taemin gay for Jonghyun?

Nah, no way, Taemin wasn't that kind of kid, that's ridiculous! His eyes were totally set on Min-

*Click*

Key suddenly felt his body jolt, his eyes swiftly turning to face the plum haired boy who had pulled him out of his day dream, looking at him expectantly.

"Did you listen to a word I just said?"

With a sheepish smile, Key laughed lightly, running a manicured hand through his blonde locks.

"...Yeah?"

"So you understand why he's no good for you?"

Widening his feline eyes, Key took a small step back, tilting his head slightly as he looked questioningly at the other.

"What, who?"

"Jonghyun?!"

A laugh he didn't even know he was capable of ripped straight from Key's lungs, echoing loudly through the office and Kibum though that perhaps that was the most manly sound he had ever produced in all his life.

Jonghyun, no good for him? Kibum was starting to get real tired of Woohyun's bull. The plum haired boy knew absolutely nothing about his handsome lover; Key was actually surprised he knew his name and so he just continued to laugh, ready to walk away until he decided to voice his thoughts.

"Woohyun, dear, you know nothing so please.. Just shut up." Key laughed, gently patting the other's shoulder in a patronizing manor before pulling his coat over his shoulders.

"But what if I do know Key? What if I know more than you realize?-"

"Then that'd be a real surprise Woohyun, especially since you can barely pronounce his name." Key smirked, interrupting the boy and ready to leave until he watched Woohyun sigh, his head dropping slightly as he backed away.

What wasn't Woohyun telling him?

Curiosity took over Key, making him wait just a little longer before thankfully, the other began to talk without having to be told to go on.

"I just.. He.."

But jeez, did Kibum want to tell him to spit it out...

"..He used to love me once, you know?"

...

Silence...

The most awkward silence hung over the room, the tension, it could be sliced apart by a knife and Key tried.. He tried so hard..

But he couldn't help the snort that left through his nose, clamping his hands to his mouth to try and prevent the violent laugh that threatened to spill through his lips but he was too late.

He laughed, right in Nam Woohyun's face...

Did he mean to? Maybe, he wasn't sure.. But his laughter died down as Woohyun continued talking; as Woohyun became, strangely, a little more violent that Key had ever seen him.

"You think you're something special Key.." Woohyun gently clenched his fists, his gaze staring right through Kibum and in that moment, Key for once in his life, felt maybe, just a little intimidated by the plum haired boy.

"Let me guess.. He told you you're his first love? That he wanted to be with you forever?" Woohyun pointed towards the band hugging Key's delicate finger.

"Pathetic." Woohyun's tone spat the word like venom, causing Key to visibly flinch before the blonde let go of the door. Of course he was going to defend himself, he was Kim Kibum for Christ sake.

But maybe he should have just kept his mouth shut instead of fueling the other's fire; he didn't know.

"I don't know what your problem is Nam; I proposed to him so you can stop acting like-"

"Oh really? Wow.. Perhaps you're easier than I thought Kibum..He fooled you that fast huh?"

Kibum felt his face form an unnatural frown. Easy? Fooled? He may not have been a woman, but Woohyun was certainly 'getting on his ' and Key began to wish the other would just shut up already.

"Easy? Yah! Who do you think you are Woohyun?!"

"Not Jonghyun's first love either.."

Kibum watched as Woohyun's face became decorated in sorrow.

"I thought I was, back in high school before graduation.. I haven't forgotten that day he came over to me.. Me, of all people?" Woohyun started, shuffling awkwardly as he held his arm in a search for comfort.

"Of course, I didn't have many friends back in the day and so I was surprised when he came over to me.. On the bleachers... His hair was brown then.. I thought he was so handsome, so wonderful.. And he told me his name; he asked why I was alone and then he stayed with me for the rest of the day.. I thought it was a prank I really did.. But his smile Kibum.. You know the one?"

Key felt anger rise through his body, his heart clenching tightly.

"It's just so genuine.. I knew, just from that smile that he wasn't playing with me; I knew he wasn't trying to hurt me.. And he came back.. I was surprised, but he came back to me.. Every lunch time he would make his way over with that goofy smile of his."

Kibum watched as Woohyun crossed his arms, looking at his feet as he giggled lightly before looking back up into the blonde's eyes.

"I remember when he said he liked me... I was over the moon. I had these.. Butterflies, do they call them? I don't know Key.. My stomach churned, but in a good way.. I felt so happy; I'd wanted to hear him say that for such a long time.. And when he kissed me-"

Done.

With a loud scoff, Key slowly shook his head, receiving a wide-eyed look of concern from the plum haired boy before he his heels.

He didn't have to listen to that .

Refusing to listen to any more of Woohyun's stories, Key pushed open the doors, leaving the office with quick steps, but not before leaving a very loud, and very serious ' You' behind.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I actually had to google Infinite members because I don't know any, how lame is that.. Sorry if they're out of character, I don't actually know what to expect so.. yeah :s.

I'M SO SORRY this took so long to update! I have two weeks of college left, everything is just piling up and I'm really determined to get a good grade, so I kind of had to put this down for a while.. Sorry ><

I don't actually have time to proof read this so I'm also really sorry if it's crappy..

(Cringe at my shameless advertising) I also had a huge case of writers block and so I decided to write a one-shot in the hopes that it would spark my enthusiasm a little, -totally worked by the way- and so if you want to check it out i'll just... put it.. right.. here..

I'll stop babbling now- once again, sorry sorry sorry (no suju pun intended) and thank you so much for baring with me.. Okay bye..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~