Chapter Five: That Devious Smile

When Your Teacher is a Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
that devious smile chapter 5

AeRin’s P.O.V

“Please stop staring at me.” Baekhyun mumbled incoherently as he spared me an awkward glance but I just flashed him a grin as I continued to stare at Baekhyun. I probably look like a stalker but hey, it’s not every day when a cutie name Byun Baekhyun gets to sit beside you. One minute, we were laughing about dolphins (I don’t know how the hell we go to that topic but he looks happy talking about squealing dolphins or something.) but the next minute, he was suddenly get scared to even lay a finger on me.

“You’re so bipolar.”

“I only turn like this when you start to become my stalker again.”

“Why? Don’t you love it when someone stalks you?” I grinned innocently and he rolled his eyes, suppressing the smile that was about to form on his lips as he grabbed his pen, twirling the said object on his hands.

“Ouch! Please stop hitting me with the book, my love. Because I might not be able to think of you when you’re going to crack my skull.”

“Oh my god, your stupid poem is not even rhyming – and just shut up, okay?!” Seunghwan’s voice bounced off the walls as she threw the book to Chanyeol’s face, who jutted out his lower lip in pain, whining softly to himself. Yixing suddenly appeared out of nowhere, trying to heal Chanyeol’s pain using his unicorn powers (that’s what he told us but I highly doubt that it’s true though) while secretly sticking out his tongue at Luhan, who just threw him a scowl.

The next bell rang and it was finally English class. Students scrambled back to their seats but of course, you can’t avoid the noise created by the class. Laughter bounced off the walls as they threw paper balls to each other and guess what, Baekhyun is one of them.

“Psst, AeRin-sshi!” I turned my head towards the door, where Kyungsoo was standing, holding onto a small box fit for six cupcakes. Wait, could it be…

“ARE THOSE CUPCAKES?!” I raised my voice over the noise, which earned everyone else’s attention to the harmless boy standing behind the door. He threw me a glare before motioning me to come forward. I hopped out of my seat and accidentally – I repeat, accidentally – hit Baekhyun’s injured arm once more, earning a groan from him.

“Seriously, didn’t I tell you to stop injuring my arm more-“

“I’m sorry, hubby.” I pinched his cheeks lightly and stuck out my tongue playfully. He scowled for a second before cracking a small smile, making sure to flick my forehead. I whined softly and hit his injured arm again for revenge before slipping out of the classroom, where Kyungsoo was waiting impatiently while tapping his feet on the floor.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest and I didn’t fail to catch the roll of his eyes before moving closer. I stepped back but he held my arm and pulled me close again, leaning in to whisper something but then, he broke his grip on my arm when we heard a voice coming from inside the classroom.

“Yah, Do Kyungsoo! Don’t lay a finger on her.” Baekhyun rose from his seat and pointed at us, eyebrows scrunching in anger as he threw a glare at Kyungsoo, who looked very lost at the moment.

“Aw, don’t worry hubby! I won’t cheat on you!” I giggled like an idiot and blew him a flying kiss, which painted his cheeks in crimson red. He coughed slightly and moved to Sehun’s seat, who was busy bothering Yixing to even give a damn about the blushing Baekhyun.

“What’s with Baekhyun?”

“Oh, nothing. He’s just being possessive.” I giggled once more and Kyungsoo arched an eyebrow at me, probably not believing what I just said.

“Possessive over what? You?” He let out a snort and I hit his arm, earning a whimper from him. Seriously, do all guys whimper when you hit them or what?

“I’m very insulted by what you just said, peasant.”

“For the last time, I’m not your peasant, AeRin.” He scowled at me before showing me the box of cupcakes. I caught a whiff of the smell of the freshly-baked cupcakes before grinning.

“Are those for me?”

“Why the hell would I spent the whole night baking a batch of cupcakes for you?” He flicked me on the forehead and in return, I smacked the back of his head, earning another whimper from him. Dork.

“Ouch, I’m sorry okay! Anyway, these are for MiSoo-“

“Of course. I’m jealous of her. She always gets cupcakes from you.” I jutted out my lower lip and eyed the cupcakes. He smiled slightly before opening the box, revealing the chocolate-filled cupcakes. Wow, I must steal one from him while he’s not looking-

“No, you can’t get one, AeRin.” He immediately closed the box and I stomped my feet in the most childish way I could do but it didn’t have any effect on him.

“Jerk.” I muttered while he flashed me an innocent smile, hiding the box in his bag. He looked at me for a moment and sighed softly, nodding a couple of times.

“Anyway, MiSoo is going to have lunch with you, right?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Great! I’ll see you both later then!” He patted me on the cheek playfully before moving away, as if he didn’t just tempt me and made me jealous over the wonderful cupcakes he just baked for MiSoo and-

“Shin AeRin?” I turned around and saw Ms. Boyoung standing a few feet away from me, ready to enter the classroom with her notebooks in her arms. She literally screamed – yes, you read that right – and ran up to me, throwing her things to Chanyeol’s face, who was about to exit the classroom to look at the commotion.

She wrapped her arms around me and jumped around, earning the attention of our whole class and the other classes that are in between us. After a few minutes of jumping around and screaming, (I seriously wonder how she managed to scream her lungs out without destroying or something) she let pulled away from me and straightened her clothes. She flashed me a wide smile and leaned towards me to whisper something.

“Let’s go talk in the teacher’s faculty during lunch break, okay?” I gave her a look and furrowed my eyebrows before giving her a hesitant nod. She giggled happily before moving to the front door of the classroom, only to see a knocked out Chanyeol on the floor. Ms. Boyoung gasped and accidentally kicked Chanyeol on the side while panicking.

“What happened to him?!”

“Uh, you accidentally threw all your things to his face so-“

“I did not! You’re lying!” Ms. Boyoung shout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter