Chapter Three: Too Overrated

When Your Teacher is a Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
TOO OVERRATED chapter 3

“Don’t act like yourself.”

Oh wow, how the hell would I do that? I’ve gotten used to myself being weird and loud, which is like the true me because like duh, my motto is, ‘Always be yourself.’

Okay, maybe I was lying about my motto but it’s true though – how can I act like somebody else without turning into one? I don’t know how façades work and I think they are stupid though- oops, I should have said that.

“Hey, are you alright?” I felt a nudge on my elbow, which earned half my attention as I turned my head to the intruder, only to see one of my friends, that I don’t even consider as a close one, frowning lightly at me as she prodded my forehead with my finger. I wrinkled my nose out of annoyance as I tilt my head to the side, sighing deeply.

“You seem to be in deep of thought. Please don’t tell me it’s about Baek-“

“It’s not about him.”

“OH MY GOSH – IS THIS A MIRACLE? YOU FINALLY STOPPED THINKING ABOUT BYUN BAEKHYUN-“

“Guys, shut your mouths before I decide to rip them off for you.” They quickly zipped their mouths obediently without any complaint, making me sigh in satisfaction. Apparently, they are all my peasants while I’m their queen. Okay, I was just kidding but they do consider me as the leader of the group and I don’t even know how they do the voting of this.

“Then, what’s bothering you? Who knows, we might be able to be some kind of help.” MiSoo, one of my peasants friends asked softly as she put a comforting hand on my right shoulder. She was like the mother of the group and she always gets paired up with Kyungsoo, a friend of my husband.

“Well,” I leaned forward and everyone’s ears were open just for me, too curious why I was quiet when I was supposed to be the one shouting my lungs out in the group. I took a deep breath before letting those words escape past my lips,

“How do you act like someone who’s not yourself?” Confusion clouded in everyone else’s eyes as they glanced at each other, nudging and pushing each other, trying to pressure the other to answer my question. I let an exaggerated sigh slip past my lips as I blew on my fringe, pretending to look at my watch even though I don’t have any.

“Please don’t tell me you’re trying to fit into Byun Baekhyun’s type.”

“Oh my gosh, you are so right!” Facepalms and groans echoed at the range of our table as all of my friends shook their heads in annoyance, frowns appeared at every direction I looked. Oh wow, was I really that obsessed with Byun Baekhyun?

“Well, I’m sorry if I sound too obsessed with-“

“Are you sure you like him?”

“OF COURSE – DO YOU REALLY NEED TO ASK ME THAT QUES-“

“Okay! We get it!” MiSoo patted my shoulder and clamped a hand over my mouth, signaling me that I shouldn’t make too much noise or else, I shall die in her very hands. Gosh, that sounds scary. Like very, very scary.

Silence surrounded the table as they immersed themselves into a conversation without me, making me feel out of place in my own table. After a few minutes, they all turned their attention to me, a growing smile took over their lips. Wow, why do I feel good about this?

“We know what to do.”

“Oh wow – what happened to you?” Sehun stared at me in shock as he tilted his head to the side in pure confusion, as if he’s trying to know if I had plastic surgery or something.

“Yah! Oh Sehun! What are-“ Chanyeol, the giant elf, halted in his tracks and furrowed his eyebrows at me, as if he’s trying to depict the meaning of what’s happening to my face. I softly let out a giggle before tucking a loose strand behind my ear but honestly, I just want to vomit and punch myself for my horrible acting. But since I need to win my husband’s heart – I need to go beyond my comfort zone, which .

Literally.

“What happened to your face? And why are you acting as if you’re the shy type of girl-“

“Shut up, Park Chanyeol! I’m trying to impress my hubby here!” I heard Sehun and Chanyeol snicker slightly as I grabbed my mirror from my bag, making sure my hair and my face wasn’t a mess but thankfully, I still looked pretty innocent.

I threw a scowl at Chanyeol, which made him burst into a fit of laughter and walked away, literally dragging the staring Sehun away from me. Oh thank goodness, those idiots are gone-

“AeRin?” I quickly turned my head to the right and found Baekhyun furrowing his eyebrows at me in pure confusion and shock. I just wanted to just run up to him and hug him as tightly as I could while squealing and shouting but I remained frozen in my seat, not knowing what to do. Just then, I remembered MiSoo’s words, which made me lift up my chin in confidence and look at him with innocence blooming around me.

“Remember to act feminine! Baekhyun likes charming and feminine girls.”

“Oh, hello there Baekhyun-sshi.” I flashed him a soft smile and fluttered my eyelashes for extra effect but he just bit down on his lower lip, indifferent by the actions I was doing and just cocked his head to the side. He muttered a string of incoherent words under his breath before shaking his head and takes a seat right beside me.

I tried my best not to just hug him and stare at him with a creepy stare because damn it, this boy is so perfect is every angle. Even if he just breathes, I just literally fangirl inside but I tried my best to keep a blank look on my face.

I let out a cough and tucked a loose strand behind my ear before giggling silently to myself. Baekhyun stared at me as if I was a runaway from the mental institution. Oh well, maybe he was just surprised and shocked at what sudden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter