The Bodyguard

The Bodyguard [HIATUS]

 

It was suppose to be another boring day for Kim Taeyeon but reality exceeded her expectation when she saw Tiffany's almost -body sprawled on the queen-sized bed. Taeyeon clenched her fists and gulped a lump on as her eyes twitched in amazement.

 

Sensing another presence inside her room, Tiffany lifted her head and looked at Taeyeon who was close to having a heart attack. She followed Taeyeon's line of sight until it landed on her; her body to be precise. It took her a moment to realize that Taeyeon was sweating beads and was almost drooling. It was an unglam sight to behold.

 

Tiffany faked a cough and grabbed a pillow to cover her body. She was used to it, used to being exposed, used to being a subject to erts, used to being daring. But because of an unknown abnormal reason, she somehow felt shy, she somehow lost all her confidence with Taeyeon around.

 

Taeyeon blinked a couple of times before looking away to hide her blushing face, "Uh. Do you have any schedules today?" she asked, looking anywhere but Tiffany's eyes.

 

While Taeyeon was busy looking away, Tiffany stood up and reached for her pink robe then wore it to cover herself. For the first time in ten years, she blushed, she smoothened her bangs before turning to look at Taeyeon, "Uhm.. Just wait for me in the car. I just need to do something."

 

Taeyeon nodded before walking out of the door leaving Tiffany with a flushed face.

 

A huge sigh left Tiffany's mouth when she heard the door close. She cupped her own face, feeling the warm surface in her palms. There's something about Taeyeon. She shrugged to shake her thoughts away before entering the bathroom to do her business.

 

............

 

Taeyeon glanced at the mirror to see what Tiffany was doing behind her. She looks troubled, gloomy and just plain lonely. How did Taeyeon know? There was something different in the way Tiffany greeted her this morning. Tiffany used to seduce her in anyway possible but today was different, very different.

 

"Where would you want to go, Ms. Hwang?"

 

Tiffany heaved a sigh as she kept her eyes glued outside of the car window, "Anywhere. Anywhere but the house."

 

Taeyeon nodded, "Is something wrong, Ms. Hw--"

 

"Just call me Tiffany and no, there is nothing wrong, I just want to think." Tiffany said, pressing a button until a glass pane slid its way between the driver's area and the passenger's area. Taeyeon shrugged and continued to drive, occassionally stealing glances at her boss.

 

"Tiffany." Taeyeon mumbled, unconciously smiling as her boss' name slid out of her tongue.

...........

 

Tiffany stirred in her sleep when she heard a tap on her window. She opened an eye and took a peek at who might be outside and saw Taeyeon smiling sweetly to her. Her chin dimple showing as she waved from the outside, hoping to wake Tiffany fully. Tiffany just stared at her, eyes never leaving the onyx orbs staring back at her. She blinked and rolled her window, expecting to hear about their whereabouts.

 

"Good afternoon, Ms Hwa-- Tiffany, had a good sleep?"

 

Tiffany ignored the question as she looked around, "Where are we?" she asked. Squinting her eyes as the sun's rays peeked from behind the officer. It made Taeyeon glow, just like Edward Cullen in the Twilight series.

 

And it downed on Tiffany herself that her ideal guy is Edward Cullen from the twilight series.

 

"We're at the beach, Tiffany. You said you wanted to think so I thought you would like to be here." Taeyeon answered, she suddenly felt nervous and giddy on the inside when saw the look Tiffany is giving her. "I go here whenever I need to think things through." she added.

 

Tiffany nodded her head and opened the door, stepping out of the car as she scanned her surroundings. Taeyeon parked at a secluded part of the beach, Tiffany shot her a questioning look.

 

As if reading Tiffany's mind, Taeyeon answered, "I just thought you would want to have privacy without passerbys noticing who you are so I parked here."

 

Tiffany's lips twitched as she tries to suppress a smile, seeing Taeyeon being timid unlike the Taeyeon that just bossed her around these past few days feels great. Not to mention Taeyeon looking all cute while hanging her head low like a little kid caught red-handed.

 

She tapped the officer's shoulders, "I should be mad but I need someone to accompany me for a walk. Would you like to come with me, Officer Kim?", she smiled, the smile reaching her eyes. Taeyeon almost forgot how to breathe.

 

"O-of course!" She grinned dorkily before handing a cap to Tiffany to cover her face.

 

............

 

She dates guys... But there is something about the short officer that makes her want to reconsider her uality. She has  nothing against the third , infact, she didn't care. She has gay friends and they're all fun to be with, but she never really thought of having an affair or a fling atleast with the same gender. Until Taeyeon happened.

 

Taeyeon hasn't been doing sweet or cute things for her but Taeyeon keeps on giving her butterflies without even knowing how or why. She doesn't even know if the officer swings that way.

 

"Tiffany, is something wrong? You've been quiet all day." Taeyeon spoke, breaking the pregnant silence engulfing the two of them. She sighed when Tiffany shook her head as they continued walking on the water, leaving mudprints. She shrugged, thinking Tiffany wants silence today.

 

She didn't expect Tiffany to open and ask her the question she least expected,

 

"Taeyeon do you like girls?"

 

Just like that, as if her question was the most normal thing in this world, Tiffany asked Taeyeon. Taeyeon doesn't know if straightforwardness runs in the Hwang genes because as she remembers, Mr. Hwang asked her the same question the other day. Taeyeon stopped walking then turned to Tiffany,

 

"Why'd you ask?"

 

Tiffany shrugged, "I don't know, I just want to ask another question if you are." she answered calmly, intimidating Taeyeon more.

 

Taeyeon let out a huge sigh as she nodded her head. "I-I do." she stammered.

 

She was expecting for Tiffany to gasp, or to run away from her or to fire her because she's a homophobe but instead, she got a simple nod of the head from the younger girl. The exact same reaction Mr. Hwang gave her.

 

"How does it feel to love a girl?" Tiffany asked, sitting down on the sand and grabbing a stick to draw something. Taeyeon followed suit and sat beside Tiffany.

 

"It's hard. Very hard. You don't know if the girl really loves you or she's just using you for her own good. Everything is uncertain, everything can end, everything can crumble down in an instant. That's why I don't want to have a girlfriend."

 

Tiffany tucked some of her hair behind her ears, then turned to look at Taeyeon, "Why don't you want to have a girlfriend?"

 

Taeyeon shrugged, even she don't know but she's gonna answer that question for Tiffany, "Maybe because I don't wanna get hurt."  she looked at Tiffany with a small smile, ",girls will always prefer the other gender."

 

Tiffany nodded her head. A pregnant silence engulfed them for a few minutes until Tiffany broke it,

 

"What if a girl drops hints that she likes you?"

 

It wasn't the first time a question like this was thrown into Taeyeon, she'll always have the same answer, "That's impossible." she chortled.

 

"Nothing is impossible..."

 

Taeyeon chuckled then snatched the stick from Tiffany's hand, "Maybe someday, when you feel what I feel, when your heart beats for a girl, you'll understand Tiffany." she smiled and threw the stick into the water before standing up, "Let's get you home before Mr. Hwang fires me." she joked.

 

"I'll just follow you there." Tiffany said, standing still in place, as if she was hiding something from behind. Taeyeon nodded and walked away, leaving Tiffany standing there.

 

I never thought I'll feel something for another girl... Never once did it cross my mind.

 

She let out a sigh as she looked at Taeyeon's figure disappearing.

 

"You have no idea how fast my heart races when you're around."

 

Whatever Tiffany was feeling, even she, don't know.