Seeking Advice

Worth Fighting For

Taemin waltzed in to the nearest empty room and shut the door behind him. He took a deep breath and laid against the wall. The raven-haired man put his face into his hands, replaying the argument in his head. He couldn't understand what lead up to it. Hell, he couldn't even remember majority of the fight. All he could recall was Minho centimeters away from his face, enraged. Truthfully he had never seen him so angry before. Or even upset with anyone for that matter.

 

But he was just too concerned. It irked Taemin greatly. Sure the other members were bothered by his behavior as well and had asked him to stop, but Minho had taken it too far by creating this type of intervention for him.

 

Taemin groaned at remembering the dim memory and got up. The door swung open.

 

“I'm so sorry for intruding,” Taemin said without turning around.

 

“Don't worry. It's only me,” Jinki replied, smiling.

 

“Oh hey Jinki. Look, about what happened, I-”

 

“Lets not talk about that for now. Just tell me how you're feeling. Are you okay enough to perform? Anything I can get you?” he asked.

 

“Everything is alright with me. I'm just... really confused,” Taemin confessed.

 

“About what?” Onew inquired softly.

 

“I honestly don't know... a lot of things? I think as of right now I just want to know why Minho is acting the way he is. Why is he so concerned? Can you answer that?”

“I don't know either, Taemin. We can't see into his heart, but I can guess is that he has pure intentions. His concern for your well-being may have rubbed you the wrong way, but I think he's truly worried for why you're doing this. Not because of SHINee's image,” Jinki explained.

 

“Then why did he mention our image then if he didn't mean it?” Taemin asked.

 

“Well,” Onew paused, “I don't think you would have listened if it weren't for bringing up the five of us. Your decisions don't reflect only you, they affect every single member. That even with living your own life and being your own person, those choices will always come back to us as a group. At least that's what I hope he was implying.”

 

“Why should what I do matter so much? I'm a grown adult. I know for a fact I won't get caught. He needs to trust me. You all need to have faith in me.”

 

“Answer this for me, Taemin. What's troubling you so much that you needed to resort to this?” Jinki mumbled.

 

“I got sick and tired of being my image of this clean, innocent kid. I'm twenty years old yet I'm still treated like the industry's baby.” Taemin replied frustratedly.

 

Onew thought over the younger one's words for a few moments before strolling towards the door. He took one last look at Taemin and let out a breath.

 

“I'm sure both of you will figure something out eventually,” Onew said happily, “everything will come together, so don't worry, Taemin. Be happy.”

 

With those words, the older male left the room. Taemin stood there for a few moments before rubbing his temples.

 

“That's the most vague advice you've ever given,” he complained.

 

The youngest member trudged to the exit, opened the door, and with a heavy heart, disappeared onto the other side.