Never Ending Chaos

Worth Fighting For

Minho spent the rest of the morning sleeping on the couch in the living room. Jonghyun and Key walked in while the second youngest was still asleep.

 

“What the hell?” Jonghyun whispered as he grabbed a granola bar from a cabinet in the kitchen.

 

“Maybe he outgrew his bed? Looks like you'll need to invest in even more insoles,” Kibum snickered as he carried a carton of orange juice and poured himself a glass.

 

“Shut up at least my hair isn't a fried egg like yours,” Jonghyun's voice rose.

 

“Excuse me?” he squeaked in response.

 

“Please keep it down. Minho wasn't able to sleep well last night,” Onew intervened.

 

“Hey Old Man. Where's Taemin? Wasn't he going to your room?” Key asked, puzzled.

 

“No,” Jinki stated slowly, “but I can guess where he is now.”

 

He led the pair to Minho's room and opened the door.

 

“Why is he in here?”

 

“I haven't a clue, Jonghyun. But I'm assuming he irritated Minho enough for him to leave his own room and sleep on the couch.”

 

“Hey Taemin, wake up. We have a photoshoot to do today and we need to leave in an hour,” Jonghyun exclaimed, shaking the boy's body back and forth.

 

“Five more minutes, mom,” Taemin yawned.

 

Jonghyun raised his hand to smack him but was halted by an idea. Jonghyun carefully laid next to the sleeping boy and put his arms around his waist. Taemin sighed and turned over.

 

“Minho,” he whispered so quietly that only Jonghyun caught it.

 

“Lee Taemin!” Jonghyun yelled in his ear before rushing up.

 

“Holy . What the hell happened?” Taemin yelped.

 

“Get up. We have a photoshoot. Hurry your , boy.” he replied, a hint of pink creeping onto his cheeks.

 

Jonghyun turned away and walked out of the room in a daze. Key and Onew followed behind him.

 

“Why are you blushing?” Key demanded as he narrowed his eyes at Jonghyun.

 

“He said something really shocking and it kind of surprised me.”

 

“Was it a girl's name?”

Jonghyun was taken back as how close yet so far Kibum was from the right answer. He rolled his shoulders back then slumped them forward.

 

“I never thought he'd ever get serious about someone,” was all Jonghyun had to say.

 

Jinki walked over to where Minho was sleeping and gently shook him.

 

“Minho, we have a schedule in an hour so you have to wake up now.”

 

He stretched and opened his eyes slowly. Minho's face looked like death after what had happened earlier that morning. Plentiful sleep wasn't an option so he spent most of the night recalling the fight.

 

“Ah, okay. Thanks Jinki,” he smiled.

 

“No problem. Now go shower. You smell like-” Jinki stopped in mid sentence.

 

“Like what?”

“Like you haven't showered in days,” Key interrupted, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

 

“Oh sorry. It's cause I borrowed your cologne yesterday,” Minho teased.

 

Key's eyes bulged and his mouth hung wide open.

 

He straightened himself out and replied, “just go shower before Taemin beats you to it.”

 

Minho picked up clean clothes from his empty room and raced to the only bathroom within their dorm.

 

He knocked on the closed door out of politeness before entering. He shed his clothing quickly and started up the shower. Minho washed his hair and body, the soap trickling down his defined muscles.

 

Suddenly he heard the door open and saw Taemin through the steam.

 

“Taemin, learn to knock,” Minho yelled, annoyed.

 

The boy began taking off his clothing one layer at a time.

 

“Taemin!” he yelled.

 

He had his earphones in and could not hear Minho's pleas.

 

To no avail, Taemin was almost completely before seeing the shower already occupied. He panicked.

 

“When did you get in here?” the younger male stuttered.

 

“You idiot, I've been in here this whole time. If you weren't wearing those damn earbuds you would have heard the shower running.”

 

“What was that? I can't hear you with my earphones plugged in.”

 

Minho tried to finish washing but a certain someone's peering eyes were unsettling.

 

“Are you seriously going to wait here until I'm done?” he gaped.

 

“Uh, yeah. I'm not going to get dressed just to undress again,” Taemin replied impatiently.

 

“I swear you are the most oddball man I've ever known. How the hell do girls put up with you?” Minho muttered to himself.

 

“They don't,” he stated sharply.

 

Minho felt bad for his comment and continued his shower in silence. Within a few minutes he got out and tried to dry off when Taemin pushed him aside to enter.

 

Minho bit back his tongue making sure he didn't say something he would regret later.

 

“Don't stay in there too long. We're going in 20 minutes.”

 

“Shut up, I know. Stop acting like my mother. You act like we're family when we aren't. I am your colleague and that's it,” Taemin fumed.

 

He dressed and exited the bathroom before Taemin's vicious words could pierce him any longer.

 

He walked through to the living room before stopping to see Key and Jonghyun staring into his very being.

 

“What's wrong?” Minho asked concerned.

 

“I need to talk to you,” Jonghyun abruptly said.

 

He dragged the confused boy over into a corner of the room.

 

“What the hell happened between you and Tae last night?” the shorter male demanded.

 

“Nothing went on. Why?”

 

“Well obviously something cause when I went to wake up Taemin he was mumbling your name,” Jonghyun whispered accusingly.

 

Minho's eyes popped out of his head as he stared at Jonghyun.

 

“It was probably because of our fight last night,” he stuttered.

 

“Oh, that makes sense then. You had me worried for a second. So how is everything between you guys?” Jonghyun sighed.

 

“Not so good. Our fight this morning broke whatever bond we had made during dinner.”

 

“Are you kidding me? I didn't think this whole issue would be so big, to be quite honest. What set him off? Actually no, I want to know why did you decide to fuss over his personal life during our working time? What has gotten into you? This isn't-”

 

“'This isn't like you, Minho'. I get it. I was wrong to bring it up and get aggravated over it. I wasn't thinking obviously. That is exactly why I'm trying to make things right,” Minho explained.

 

“Hey, you're doing an amazing thing not many others would, just keep that in mind. Numerous people aren't able to admit they are wrong, let alone try to reverse the damage they have done.”

 

“I hope it's something worth fight for,” the younger male mumbled.

 

It will be. You and Taemin have been friends for years. Something like this can't tear you apart,” Jonghyun grinned.

 

“You're right, Jjong. Thanks a lot. This talk really helped me,” he replied genuinely.

 

The elder male patted him on the back.

 

Suddenly both heard screams coming from inside the bathroom.

 

“I think the only one who needs help around here is that boy,” Jonghyun muttered.

 

“You don't say.”

 

“Honestly Minho, you said what we all wanted to tell him. We're thankful for that, really. We just didn't know how he would take it. Plus why did you think backstage was a good idea for an argument? It ran the risk of fans finding out which would have turned nasty. I'm not saying what you did was entirely wrong, it's just the timing wasn't the best. Nevertheless it took a huge burden off of all of us.”

 

“I was upset that he would go as far as to flirt with female staff. There is a fine line between coworkers that should never be crossed. Even with all of that, I regret what I said. With all my heart I wish I could erase those words from his memory. He's a broken mess. I made a side comment about girls putting up with him. But they don't, Jonghyun. They can't handle him. He's only ever wanted love and they can't give him that because he won't open up. He confuses with love.”

 

“Woah, when did you go all Psychologist Jinki on me? I see where you're coming from, but where did you get the idea that he wants love?”

 

“I honestly don't know. He can be a sensitive kid sometimes, you know?” Minho responded weakly.

 

“Are we talking about the same Taemin here? Last time I checked he's just a weirdo with a love for extreme sports and hot foreign chicks. Not much going on after that.”

 

“He shuts himself away from us because he thinks we aren't here for him. He needs us and we need him. We need-”

 

“Minho, is there something you're not telling me? Do you perhaps have feelings for Taemin?” Jonghyun asked quietly.

 

“Of course not. I just think we should make time to hang out with each other outside of work and outside of this dorm,” he replied confidently.

 

“What makes you think I want to spend time with you when I have my own friends? We see each other enough. Give it a rest, Minho,” Key barged in.

 

“Look, we are under immense pressure when we're at work and I think spending time together might release that tension between us all.”

 

“You're being naive as hell if you think that will work. Problems just don't vanish away,” Kibum insisted.

 

“I don't want us to all end up hating each other,” Minho pleaded.

 

“Little too late with your outburst yesterday, don't you think?” Key sneered.

 

“We can fix that. Just one day once a month. I beg you just give it a chance.”

 

“That sounds like a great idea, Choi,” Taemin remarked sarcastically as he walked out of the bathroom in fresh clothes.

 

“We don't need your negativity. I am not letting us break apart just because the two of us got into a disagreement. We're going to settle this now,” Minho declared.

 

“Actually Minho, I would hope your valiant effort could wait until after our photoshoot since we should be leaving right now,” Jinki intervened.

 

The tallest male glared at Taemin until he cursed under his breath and rushed out of the room.

 

“You,” Kibum screeched at the youngest, “this is all of your damn fault. I swear to god I have no idea why they would put such a conniving little into this group, especially last minute. You had to go and around with staff, huh? Why couldn't you behave for once? Why do you always mess everything up? That's what the ladies say to you too, isn't it? Lee Taemin, you are a rotten bastard and I hope you die in hell because you've just about ed up all of our lives and careers. Congrats.”

 

Key let out an massive exhale and followed Minho's lead, tears streaming down his face.

 

“Well yeah? you too with your egotistical ways. You act like you're the most sane person in this house when you don't know anything. You're crazy as hell. No wonder your mother never wanted to see you when-”

 

“Taemin, that's enough,” Jonghyun shouted angrily.

 

“He started it-”

 

“I don't give a damn who started it. I'm ending it. I'm going to call one of the managers and tell them to send a separate car. We can't have a brawl begin with all these immature boys,” Jonghyun scoffed as he took out his phone and dialed their manager's number.

 

“Don't act so high and mighty you arrogant prick,” Taemin yelled after him.

 

The young boy stomped past the remaining two members.

 

After a few minutes Jonghyun got off the phone and turned towards his leader.

 

“Ready to leave, Jinki?” Jonghyun asked politely.

 

“Of course. Go on ahead first. I'll lock the door.”

 

“Sometimes, I think we're the only ones who really understand,” the younger male pondered out loud.

 

“You're right. The other don't know what's at stake when they throw their anger at each other. I wish they could see the consequences before they occur.”

 

“That's what growing up is about. The second best thing they have is us, right?” Jonghyun chuckled.

 

“Right,” Jinki smiled as both he and Jonghyun walked out the door.