Watery Nightmare

Worth Fighting For

When the two males ended dinner, Minho suggested washing the dishes.

 

“Don't we have a dishwasher though? I mean they're kind of there for a reason,” Taemin complained.

 

“I know, but washing the dishes together could be a nice experience. Plus if you aren't going to cook, you should at least learn to wash the dishes properly,” Minho advised.

 

“Yes, Mother Choi,” he replied sarcastically.

 

Minho the faucet and sprayed the younger boy with water.

 

Taemin narrowed his eyes at him.

 

“It's on, Minho.”

 

He grabbed a large cup and filled it quickly with water. The youngest then splashed him with it.

 

“You better sleep with your eyes open kid or you're gonna wake up doused in water.”

 

“I'll just say you wet the bed.”

 

“In your dreams!”

 

“No, in your dreams,” Minho grinned as he grabbed the faucet head and pointed it at Taemin.

 

The two boys tossed water at each other until they became completely exhausted and were forced to stop.

 

“Okay, okay it's a tie,” Minho gasped.

 

“One thing we can actually agree on,” Taemin replied breathlessly.

 

“We made a huge mess though.”

 

They surveyed the damage done to the kitchen, dining and living room.

 

“Water dries,” the younger male said simply.

 

“Hopefully before Jinki and the lovebirds come back.”

 

As if beckoned by Minho's voice, the three eldest members walked through the front door.

 

“Are you kidding me?” Taemin and Minho groaned at the same time.

 

“What the hell is going on?” Key demanded.

 

“Relax, Kibum. It seems as if they have made up,” Jinki interrupted.

 

“With all this water?”

“If they were serious about fighting they would have had other means in hurting each other” he stated soothingly.

 

“I... Guess you're right,” the blond male gave in begrudgingly.

 

“So, did you save us any dinner?” Jonghyun piped in.

 

“Uhhh...” the two youngest members glanced at each other.

 

“It's fine. We already ate anyway,” Jinki glared at Jonghyun sending shivers down all of their spines.

 

After cleaning up the watery mess everyone except Jinki went to their rooms. Minho climbed into his bed. The second his head hit the pillow he fell asleep peacefully.

 

It was past five in the morning when Minho heard a quiet tap on his door. He got up groggily and opened it wearily.

 

Taemin stood outside.

 

Minho furrowed his brows before gesturing for him to come in.

 

“Jonghyun was keeping me up with his singing,” Taemin sniffed.

 

Jonghyun's insomnia affects all of them in one way or another it seemed. Effects ranged from constant chattering to full blown out singing in the early hours of the morning, allowing none of them to sleep.

 

“So you just want to camp out here for the night?” Minho asked in a daze.

 

“Or until Mr. Insomnia finally decides to knock out, with or without the help of my fists,” he laughed.

 

Taemin sprawled out comfortably onto Minho's bed while Minho sat on the edge.

 

“What do you really want, Taemin?”

 

“How do you know I'm not here to sleep?”

“You would have gone to Jinki's room instead.”

 

“Yeah, you caught me. I was curious.”

 

“About what?”
 

“Why asking if you were jealous upset you so damn much.”

“I told you-” Minho started.

 

“You're gay, aren't you, Minho?” Taemin asked.

 

“No, I'm not gay-”

 

“Then prove it. Kiss me,” he demanded.

 

Minho lunged on top of the younger male and pinned his arms down.

 

Taemin's eyes widened at the sudden change in his behavior.

 

“Let me go.”

 

“No. I'm trying to prove something,” Minho growled.

 

He leaned in and was barely a breath apart from Taemin's lips. The smaller boy closed his eyes, expecting Minho to steal a kiss.

 

Minho pushed off of Taemin and smirked.

 

“I think the only uality needed questioning here is yours Taemin.”

 

His eyes fluttered open.

 

“I didn't want you to feel bad for wanting me so I closed my eyes out of respect,” Taemin stuttered defiantly.

 

“I have known you for so damn long, why would I suddenly have feelings for you?”

 

“I guess you're right, Choi. I should go to bed then.”

 

He burrowed into the covers and hid his head underneath a pillow.

 

“Get the hell out of here. You can't accuse me of being gay, make me question your uality, and sleep in my bed,” Minho narrowed his eyes at the clump of sheets.

 

“But Jonghyun's singing,” Taemin whined.

 

Minho sighed in aggravation.

 

“Jinki's then.”

 

“Too far.”

 

“Key's-”

 

“Just let me ing sleep here for tonight!” Taemin screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

“Give me a good reason,” Minho replied quietly.

 

“You owe me after what you did today backstage. If you had landed a hit on me-”

 

“Fine, Lee Taemin.”

 

Minho got up, snatched a pillow, and walked out of his bedroom without another word.