Cooking Up a Plan

Worth Fighting For

After their performance, all of the members went back to their dorm.

 

“Taemin, can I talk-” Minho began.

 

As soon as Taemin entered through the front door he rushed to his room and slammed it shut, causing the whole dorm to shudder.

 

“Will you ever ing listen to what I have to say?” Minho screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

He became so angry that he punched the wall connected to Taemin and Jonghyun's bedroom. Minho soon went to his own, closing the door with a large thud.

 

“Well . Why can't I do that when I'm mad?” Jonghyun muttered bitterly.

 

“Zip it or I'll do to your face what he did to that wall,” Key snapped.

 

Key closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. This whole fight was taking a toll on all of them.

 

“Will you kiss it and make it better afterwards?” the older male whimpered.

 

“When hell freezes over.”

 

“I'm hoping for a lot of cold weather this year then.”

 

Jinki escaped to Minho's room while the other two continued bickering.

 

As he entered the space, Minho looked up surprised to find the eldest in his bedroom.

 

“Jinki,” he breathed.

 

“Do you have something to say to Taemin?” he asked gently.

 

“Yes, I-”

 

“That's all I need to know,” Jinki smiled, “follow me.”

 

He took the younger boy's hand and guided him to where Taemin was brooding.

 

“Taemin, I bought some meat for dinner tonight. Can you help me cook it please?” Onew asked in a light tone.

 

“Meat? Sure,” the youngest male's bright voice traveled from the other side.

 

“Come out in a few minutes to help then,” he chirped.

 

Jinki grabbed Jonghyun and Key by the wrists and dragged the pair to the front door.

 

“Make dinner,” Onew mouthed before disappearing with the others.

 

Minho's eyes went as big as saucers as the reality dawned upon him.

 

“Dinner? I can do this,” he whispered to himself.

 

He started chopping up vegetables to make a stir fry. Minho looked in the refirgerator for a sauce.

 

“What else can I put in it?” he rambled to himself.

 

He saw a package of carrots.

 

“I think this will do nicely,” Minho said radiantly.

 

He also picked up a cabbage and a sweet and sour sauce all the way on the bottom drawer.

 

“If I wanted to, I could give him a really crappy meal and see if he'd think over his actions then,” Minho mused aloud.

 

As he was cooking, the door to Taemin's room cracked open.

 

The older male stood completely still, not making a sound. He heard the boy slink around the room, tiptoeing from one area to the next.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?” Taemin frowned, clearly upset with Minho's presence.

 

“I don't know if you remember or not, from all your midnight rendezvous, but I also live here.”

 

“You're hilarious,” he rolled his eyes conspicuously, “I meant what are you doing here, cooking. Jinki was supposed to be making dinner.”

 

Minho cleared his dry throat.

 

“He suggested that I cook tonight. I wanted to talk to you, alone.”

 

“If you think you can reprimand me like you did before since the others aren't here, you have another thing coming.”

 

“I don't want to fight. I only wanted to apologize,” Minho squirmed.

 

“That's it?” he mocked, “you're more of a wimp than I thought.”

 

Minho flinched, “Taemin, I was concerned for you. I wanted to make amends. We can't go on like this. For the sake of our jobs, please just act like you don't want to tear my throat out,” he begged.

 

“Fine,” Taemin muttered incoherently.

 

“So... Um, can you get the meat out of the refrigerator and start cooking it?”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

“Really?” Minho remarked.

 

“Only cause it's meat.”

 

“So you like meat, huh?”


“Hell yeah- If you're trying to imply something, I will pull your teeth out,” Taemin seethed.

 

“No... No I meant- I like meat too. Look, I'm trying to make small talk,” he sighed.

 

“Just hurry up so we can start eating soon. I'm starving.”

 

Both finally sat down at the table with their plates filled with food.

 

“How was your day?” Minho asked brightly.

 

“Seriously?” Taemin commented with his mouth stuffed with meat, “it was the same as yours. Except I did get this chick's number and-”

 

“That's fine I don't really want to know all the details,” he responded quickly.

 

Silence hung in the air.

 

“Why do you care so damn much?” Taemin spoke suddenly.

 

“Because... I just care for you. That's all there is to it. I don't want to see you make a huge mistake,” Minho stated simply.

 

“The others care for me too but last time I checked they didn't pry into my private life,” he remarked.

 

“People show their love in different ways,” the older male shrugged.

 

Taemin groaned and slumped forward. After a few moments he sat back up.

 

“Look, I'm sorry too. I took what you did the wrong way and I should have seen that you were only looking out for me.”

 

“Are we alright now?” Minho breathed.

 

“Yeah,” Taemin smiled.

 

“Great. Now lets eat quickly so there won't be any leftovers for Jinki, Kibum, and Jonghyun.”

 

“Damn Minho. And I thought I was evil,” the younger male chuckled.

 

“I've got quite the few tricks up my sleeve as well,” he grinned.