To Seal a Conflict

Worth Fighting For

The photo shoot was a complete and utter disaster. Minho was too focused on not beating the living crap out of Taemin to even think about posing for the camera. Key was irritated to the point where he refused to give the photographers a second glance thus frustrating most of the staff. The youngest male was too busy flirting with the female stylists. There was one particular girl he couldn't keep his eyes off of. After his portion of the shoot, he struck up a conversation with her and inched closer with every sentence.

 

Minho looked over at Taemin with complete and utter disgust before returning to his work.

 

Taemin leaned in until there was no space between him and the stylist. He pushed even closer until a tall shadow grabbed and dragged him away forcefully.

 

He wretched himself from Minho's grasp.

 

“Seriously? I was just about to lay one on her,” Taemin whined.

 

“Are you insane right now? You are being paid to do your job,” Minho hissed.

 

“Yeah, and I finished my part of the photo shoot so I can rest now.”

 

“I don't think you get it. You are still being paid to act appropriately and-”

 

“For sakes Choi, can't I live my damn life without you breathing down my neck? I used to respect you so much but now you're just pathetic.”

 

“I'm the pathetic one? Remind me, who's the one getting new girls every night? It certainly isn't me-”

 

“Because you don't like chicks,” Taemin bluntly stated.

 

“So what if I don't?” he blurted out.

 

The younger male gawked at Minho.

 

“Don't pull this type of with me, Minho. You're not funny.”

 

Taemin suddenly pulled his fist back and launched it towards Minho's jaw.

 

Minho grabbed his wrist and pinned the youngest to the wall.

 

“Who said I kidding? It's not like you dig chicks either. Girls can't satisfy you, huh? Isn't that why you banging a new one every night? Have you ever considered a guy, Taemin?”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” he replied angrily.

 

“What's wrong with you?” Minho mimicked back.

 

“Stop acting so childish!” Taemin screeched at the top of his lungs.

 

Jinki dashed to where the two members were. He first narrowed his eyes at Minho but then turned to Taemin.

 

“You have three seconds to back away from each other and to return back to the main area before I kick both of you out of this shoot,” he seethed.

 

Minho and Taemin quickly separated and ran to where the others were. They didn't dare to look behind them as they felt their leader's strong dark aura still nearby.

 

Slowly Onew caught up to the rest and cleared his throat loudly.

 

“Group meeting when we get back to the dorm,” Jinki raised his voice for everyone to hear him.

 

It was the first time he had publicly shouted at the other members since they had debuted. It was embarrassing and down right shameful. Taemin shuffled his feet innocently. Key rolled his eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. Minho slumped a little before lowering his eyes to the ground.

 

“Thanks a ing lot,” Key sneered as he passed Minho.

 

The younger male grabbed Kibum by his collar.

 

“Look, I'm getting enough from Taemin, I don't need your side comments either. Don't act like you're some type of superior princess above us all. I can beat the living crap out of you as much as I should have Taemin,” he growled.

 

Minho pulled his fist back as Kibum cowered in his grasp.

 

“But I won't. Unlike Taemin, you mean nothing to me,” he spat.

 

He pushed Key out of his grip before walking away.

 

Kibum only glared silently as Minho's figure left the building.

 

“What the hell are we in store at the dorm,” Jonghyun muttered behind Key.

~

All five members begrudgingly made it back to the dorm. The second they walked through the door, Jinki slammed it shut and locked it.

 

“Stand in a straight line, the three of you,” the leader demanded coldly, pointing at Key, Minho, and Taemin.

 

“Why isn't Jjong part of this?” Key hissed.

 

“He hasn't been an immature brat like the rest of you,” he stated matter of factly.

 

Kibum began to open his mouth as if to reply but shut it quickly.

 

“Now, it has been two full days of this bull. Minho, can you be ever so kind as to inform us on what I am referring to?”

 

Minho gulped before stepping forward. He avoided Jinki's piercing gaze.

 

“I confronted Taemin about his personal life.”

 

“Now why did you confront him backstage? Was it appropriate?”

 

“No-”

 

“Was it an emergency?”

“Not really-”

 

Jinki turned and face Minho.

 

“Then why did you find it necessary to risk our image for something so miniscule?” he seethed.

 

Minho's eyes widened.

 

“I risked ruining our image? You're joking right? I'm not the one screwing with the staff. Those girls could have given that type of information away. I saved our , not destroyed it.”

 

“I'll give you that. But that's not what I'm mad about. You tried punching Taemin and Key, while working. Do you have any excuses for your behavior then?”

 

He looked down at his feet. While Minho stared at the ground, Jinki began tapping his foot. He beckoned Minho to give him a decent answer.

 

“Should I just give you a piece of your own medicine then? Do you want to feel the fear that they did when you threatened to beat them?” the leader shouted angrily.

 

Jinki grabbed Minho by the shoulders and shook him furiously.

 

“You tell Taemin he won't get away with the he's done, but that doesn't mean you can't either.”

 

He pushed Minho away with all the force of his body. Their leader walked up to Taemin.

 

“Do you have anything to say?” he barked.

 

“Only that this whole meeting crap is totally pointless. You guys can't run my life-”

 

Jinki struck him across the face.

 

Taemin kept quiet. No one dared to move a muscle as the whole room became deafeningly silent. Not even a single breath could be heard. Tears threatened to flow down Taemin's reddened face. Softly he held his cheek in his hand.

 

“You're right. We can't control your life, but do you realize that this all happened because of you? Do you not get our careers are at stake because of your stupid hormonal needs? How can I get it through your thick skull that the world doesn't revolve around you? Your decisions have consequences and affect us all. You do one wrong move and our heads are on the chopping block. Do you understand what type of position you have put us into, Lee Taemin?”

 

Taemin did not say a single word. He only stared at Jinki hopelessly, begging that their kind leader would reappear or say something to break this hellish nightmare.

 

“Answer me,” he yelled.

 

“Yes sir,” Taemin replied, his eyes focusing on the floor.

 

“And what are you going to do about it?”

 

“I will stop my childish behavior, sir.”

 

“Good,” Jinki sighed.

 

He gently lifted Taemin's chin to examine his cheek.

 

“I never ever want to do anything like this ever again, okay? Promise me we can get through these issues together without going to this extreme,” he whispered.

 

Taemin nodded silently as a tear escaped. The elder male pulled him in for a hug. Taemin clung onto him as he choked on tears that flooded his eyes.

 

Minho looked away. It was his biggest fear that he had been right about Taemin's desire for love. In that moment he knew how alone he had felt when Onew, his biggest support system, turned against him as well. He had no one and both of them knew it.

 

Jonghyun, Key, and Minho carefully went to another room in order not to disturb the others. They all sat down quietly. Taemin's sobbing still audible through the wall. The silence between the three hung in the air, suffocating them.

 

“I'm sorry,” Minho said simply.

 

“There's nothing to apologize for. It's all over now,” Jonghyun exhaled.

 

Kibum held onto his arms as if he'd break apart if he didn't. The once strong personality and big aura of Key had diminished into this scared young man.

 

“What's going to happen now?” Kibum asked quietly, his voice cracking with every syllable.

 

“None of us know. I just hope everything is going to be okay from now on,” Jonghyun whispered as he weaved his arm around Key's shoulder. The younger man buried his face into Jonghyun's chest before crying silently. Minho got up and rubbed Kibum's back as he signaled to Jonghyun of his departure. The eldest male nodded as he held Kibum closer, whispering words of love to the wrecked boy.

 

Minho soundlessly left and entered the living room once again.

 

Taemin sat on the couch, staring at the turned off television while Jinki was no where in sight.

 

The older man sat next to him. Taemin didn't move an inch. Minho took a hold of his hand and squeezed it.

 

“I'm here for you. I know it seemed I was against you but I will always care for you,” Minho breathed.

 

Taemin rested his head onto the dark-haired man's lap. He continued to study the blank TV.

 

“Is there any possible way for all of us to forget this?” he asked monotonously.

 

“I wish there was. But this really impacted us all. It might have been for the better. I think we grew up a tiny bit in the process,” Minho smiled sadly.

 

“I can't ever say sorry enough times for you to forgive me though.”

 

He brushed Taemin's hair out of his eyes and softly left a small kiss on his forehead.

 

“There's nothing to forgive, Taemin.”

 

Taemin's eyes began to water again as he shifted in order for Minho not to see him cry.

 

“The only thing you should be sorry for is taking my bed away. Do you know how uncomfortable this damn sofa is? I could have injured myself. Or broken the couch,” he teased.

 

“If it's any consolation at all, your bed at being a bed. I felt like I was sleeping on cement bricks with a plank wood on top.”

 

“I like my mattresses firm. Better support for my back.”

 

“Now you sound like Jinki. You're all so damn old.”

 

“Yeah yeah and you're a spring chicken,” Minho laughed.

 

Taemin turned and looked him in the eyes.

 

“Is what you said before true?” he whispered, “that... well, you know-”

 

“Yes Taemin, I'm gay. I've known for several years now,” Minho sighed.

 

The older male let go of his hand and began to get up when Taemin grasped onto his arm tightly.

 

“I'm going to be by your side, okay? Thank you for finally explaining that to me. But I do have one question: why didn't you tell me earlier?”

 

“Well honestly, it wasn't the right time. You were extremely upset with me so I had a feeling you would take the information and run with it.
 

You know I wouldn't have.”

 

Minho narrowed his eyes and raised an eyebrow at Taemin.

 

“Dammit you know me so well,” Taemin puffed out his cheeks.

 

“While on this topic, I'm sorry for accusing you. I was frustrated and whirled anything that could possibly hurt you.”

 

“Don't be sorry.”

 

“Why shouldn't I?”

 

“Because...” he paused.

 

Minho's heart quickened rapidly.

 

“I deserved it. Don't you think so too?” Taemin breathed.

 

“Truth is Taemin, I-”

 

He was cut off by the sound of the door opening and Jinki appearing from it.