Heterochromia iridum 4

Heterochromia iridum

Stretching and warming up before another long day of practice, you ignore the man that was standing with his arms crossed while leaned against the far wall. And you keep ignoring him, even as he his head to one side and his peculiar expression is reflected in the mirrors. Slowly lowering yourself into a split, you extend your arms and try hard not to look at the mirror.

“Doesn’t that hurt?” Yixing asks, his eyes still on you.

“No,” you reply curtly, still not looking at him. Then you rise, starting a few spins to make sure you weren’t too wobbly to practice today. Deciding to be a little more careful—you had an audition scheduled for tomorrow afternoon—you walk over to your book bag and take out a bottle of water and medicine tray. Popping a pill from the cartridge, you place it on your tongue and take a huge swig of water to wash it down.

“Are you sick?” Yixing asks, still watching you from across the room.

“No.”

“Shouldn’t you—“

“No, no, and no!” You snap, turning and whipping the empty water bottle at him. And you didn’t even feel like apologizing as he swats the bottle into wall, narrowly missing you. Glaring at him instead of at his reflection, you raise your chin a bit and take a few deep breaths to calm yourself. “Please. Leave.” You say as calmly and civilly as you can, but it still comes out as a bile-filled hiss. “Leave. Me. Alone—“ And your breath catches in your throat as he suddenly crossed the room in several great strides, grabbing both your wrists and pinning you to the back mirror. You shuddered involuntarily as he leaned his face in, trying desperately to dodge his steely glare. But everywhere you look, his unforgiving gaze is reflected and strong, boring holes into every nook of your being.

“Zhang Yixing, let me go—“

 “No.”

“Yixing—“

“No and no.”

“Look—“

He pushes you harder into the mirror, silencing you as his lips crashed into yours. You struggle, but can’t throw him off as his hold tightens into a nearly bone-crushing grip and he uses a little more force to push you to the floor. You continue to struggle, but a new question surfaces in your mind as you realize you’re not trying all that hard to throw him off. Part of you didn’t want to throw him off, but why?

Why?

You stop struggling against him as you ponder this, closing your eyes as his kiss and hold turn gentler. You let his warm lips roam over yours for a bit; you realize he’s a bit clumsy, but you don’t hate it. Your hands are immobilized above your head somewhere, but you don’t feel like you’re in any danger. Your legs are tangled with his somewhere, but you don’t feel uncomfortable. Your entire body is being held and controlled under his, but you don’t hate the butterfly-like feelings of excitement fluttering up from somewhere inside your belly. And suddenly, he stopped, pulling away and pushing himself up. But he still had you pinned beneath him between his knees.

“Yixing—“

“Sorry,” he mutters, shifting his legs to set you free.

And the two of you scuttle to opposite sides of the room, not looking at each other.

What just happened?

You wonder, staring at the floor and covering your face with your hands as your heart pounded madly in your chest.

What just happened?

And your heart just keeps racing as you feel your face flushing with a weird heat. You dare yourself to look up, and a snort comes out as you see how red his face and ears are. And how uncomfortable his expression was. Unknowingly, you find yourself laughing, and his awkward laughter joins yours after a few beats. Getting up, you walk over to him and sit next to him, resting your head on the wall.

“So . . . nice weather outside today, right?” You try to say casually, and you see him shrug in the mirror. “We’re friends, right?” And he shrugs again, picking at his jeans. “Let’s just be friends and forget that—“

“No.”

“Huh?”

“Look, sorry if you thought I was calling you an idiot last week, but—“

“That was last week. And besides, I’m sorry I hit you—“

“Lihua, no. I—“

As you turned to face him, Yixing averted his eyes.

“I’m the idiot that argued with an idiot called Wu Yifan,” he grumbles.

“What?”

“Nothing, just . . . Can’t we be more than friends?” he looks up, and it was your turn to look away. What is going on? Your love life and heart condition just keep getting crazier and more unmanageable, so it seems . . . And as your mind and heart continue to spin and race around the moon, he sighs. “Can’t we? I can be your handsome dance tutor at least, right?” And he rises, offering you a hand and a shy smile. “Dance with me?”

Laughing out loud, you return his smile and take his hand. “Only if you take me to that bubble tea cafe again.”

 

END// Heterochromia iridum 4

20160123 - very long time not update, I am so sorry T_T but things are a little dicey offline, so. I did write out the whole story in my journal, I just need to break it up into chapters & upload, so there will be a conclusion, I promise! It just might be crappy . . . and I re-did the previous chapter, so might want to swing by incase some stuff here makes 0 sense =)

Recap: Still hurt from losing Kris and your little fight with Lay, you return to the practice room, where you get into a sticky situation with Lay before he asks you to be his dance partner.