Heterochromia iridum 2

Heterochromia iridum

You ignore that voice even as its owner rips out the stereo plug. You don't even fight as he gently grabs your arm and stops you, setting your face lightly between his thumbs and staring at you. With your glassy hazel and brown eyes, you stare at that droopy eyed face and freeze. Another pair of caramel and brown eyes were staring back at you.

"What? Never seen beautiful eyes like these before?" He smiles warmly with his dimples showing.

You continue to stare at those droopy eyes, searching for the obvious rim of a coloured lens, But you can't find one.

Yixing's dimpled simle quickly becomes a frown as you keep staring at him. "Yifan only makes friends with mutants--"

At the mention of that man's name, you snap back to your senses and push the unicorn away. "What do you mean? Xiumin, Chen, Zitao . . . Lu Han . . . they're all normal!"

"Xiumin looks like a dumpling, Chen is a troll that doesn't like bridges, Zitao is a panda in human form, and Lu Han . . . his face looks like a little girl's, but he's got chocolate abs that most guys fail at attaining." Yixing crosses his legs, planting his in the middle of the studio as you rose to fix the stereo. He was determined to prevent you from practicing today, so it seemed. You sigh and seat yourself across from him , glaring.

"Look--" Your breath catches in your throat as he suddenly leans closer; the tip of his nose was just millimeters from your own nose. And he smiles that dimpled smile, making your bruised heart race, Lihua, calm down. You're just desperate right now-- You try to rationalize; you were just desperate to find love again. It wasn't Yixing's charming smile or enchanting eyes. It wasn't his gentle voice or manners. You were not falling for him.

"I'm looking," he teases as you avert your gaze, feeling heat rising to your face. "I'm looking at the most beautiful girl in the world."

You feel yourself blushing madly as your brain flops around like a fish out of water and stuffed into a salad spinner, unable to compute even one plus zero. "I . . . I'm not pretty . . . I was too ugly for Yifan--" You stammered. That man. And the tears fall as you replayed last night again. Ah, I messed up again . . .

You jump slightly as the room darkened and a jacket that smells like sweet wood is draped over your head and shoulders, And warm arms tightly wrap around you, gently rocking back and forth, and back.

"Lihua, there's no such thing as an ugly girl," Yixing scolds you gently. "But, there's also no such thing as a woman that's beautiful when she cries. Don't--" He stops you as you try to remove the jacket covering your face. "I hate seeing girls cry."

And the two of you sit together in the studio for a bit; you sobbing while leaning your head on his shoulder with his jacket obscuring your face and he with one arm wrapped around you. He holds you silently until your sobs slow down and your stomach growls.

"Should we go grab a bite? Lu Han recommended a good bubble tea place," he says, tapping the back of your balled hand and interlocking his fingers with yours as you opened your fist from surprise. "Why don't you go wash your face in the bathroom? I'll wait." And he tugs you to your feet, guiding you to the ladies' room, since you couldn't see with his jacket over your face.

"Yixing--" you stopped, pulling him backwards. I'm not hungry. I need to practice--

"I'm hungry, too. And I don't want to eat alone," he quips, using pulling harder and clamping your arm under his and dragging you into the ladies' room, You hear shrieks from the girls in the bathroom. "Hey, can you guys take care of Lihua? Ow! I get it, I'm getting out--" and the girls booted him out, pulling you towards the sink.

"What a ert!" you hear your upperclassman, Song Qian, huff. She pulls the jacket off your head, setting it on an open bathroom stall hook. "Oh . . . are you ok?" She wets a napkin in the sink, dabbing at your face.

You nodded, squeezing your eyes shut. Don't let Song Qian see my eyes-- "Thank you--ow!" 

Song Qian lightly hits the top of your head, and you opened your eyes. She stares at your face--your eyes--and is unfazed. "Well, Yixing said to take care of Lihua . . . did he do this to you?" she asks, glaring over at the door as she wets another tissue in the sink and begins dabbing around your eyes to remove the running mascara and ruined eyeliner.

You shook your head. "He didn't. He's a good friend."

Song Qian claps suddenly, smiling. "Ah . . . I see, so it's like that." You stare at her blankly as she speaks in that happy tone. She pats your shoulder. "Live happily together."

Your jaw drops. "He's not that kind of friend!" You call after your upperclassman, who'd danced her way out of the bathroom while humming a wedding march and giggling. He's just a friend that's a guy . . . it's not like he proposed-- "He's not even my boyfriend . . ."

You sigh and look at the mirror; the swollen odd eyes stared back at you. And you splash water at your face, scrubbing off all the remaining makeup before grabbing a handful of napkins to dry your face. And you head out, meeting Yixing around the corner.

 

END // Heterochromia iridum 2

20140619 - too lazy to start this under a new title, so will just add chapters to this. Also too lazy to add the recaps I promised. Will fix typos later, maybe.

20140828 - adding recap that I forgot to add.

Recap - Lay comforts you after your break up with Kris, dragging you out to eat with him. You think you're falling for him.