Fourth

25 out of 365
4 -- 榛 Hazel​

0617 
 

I couldn't stop thinking about last night. Not the party, but about you. I didn't know why, you just didn't leave my mind. You refused to do so. We talked for only over two hours and I lended you my jacket, but that was it. Yet, I couldn't get your words, your answers, your questions or you out of my mind. 

It was still 8 am in the morning, and I'm already thinking about a girl. This was definitely a first for me. 

"Hey, Xing-ah," my father said when he was serving bacon to Himchan and Youngjae. I looked up from my food and raised both eyebrows as if silently asking; what? "East faster," he said, pointing his spatula to me. "Your eggs are getting cold." 

On either sides of me, Namjoon and Yoongi snickered. My father sighed. "I meant the eggs on his plate, boys." Youngjae choked on his juice while I rolled my eyes at how immature these two could be sometimes. 

I finally started eating properly, like really put the food in my mouth after what my dad had said. Due to how close the five of us were, we would often eat at each other's houses and our parents wouldn't mind a bit. But they'd always cook a lot more than usual since we are boys and we do have quite an appetite.

That morning, we ate at my house since we were going to play basketball and the court was just a block away from our residence. The boys came earlier than I expected but it was okay because it would sometimes get lonely with only my father, my grandfather and I in the house. 

I didn't have any older sisters to nag at me like Youngjae and Namjoon, nor did I have cool brothers unlike Himchan. I didn't even have cousins scattered all over Korea like Yoongi has. And, I didn't have a mother unlike all four of them. 

"Hey, Yixing," under the table, Yoongi's legs bump mine purposely. When I turned to him, he was looking at me with a funny look. He leaned forward, dropping his voice an octave or two. "I heard from Bomi."

My eyes widened a little, just a little, when he said your name. I looked around the small table that we were gathered on, but the other three were busy eating and talking amongst themselves to even notice Yoongi's words. I asked myself, why was I feeling so nervous? 

"What..?" I tried to feign confusion and innocence as I looked at him with scrunched eyebrows. Slowly shaking my head from left to right to let him see that I didn't know what he was talking about.

But Yoongi saw right through me. "Don't lie." either that or he just had a source, which was you. "Bomi told me." 

From the corner of my eye, I could see Namjoon looking at Yoongi and I by then. So I had let out a sigh. "What do you mean, Yoongi? What exactly did she tell you?" In my mind I was thinking, Yes. Exactly what did that girl tell you. The tone I was using was sure to make you irritated if you had heard it. 

Yoongi took a spoonful of eggs and rice, chewing leisurely on it before he responded. "That you guys talked at the docks, and I'm not surprised she went there because she didn't know what happened, but I'm surprised you did. What were you-"

"I just wanted to have some fresh air," I replied while keeping both my voice and head down. I looked down on the plate in front of me, slowly devouring everything on it while the rest of them were already on their last spoons. "It was so hot inside and the music was way too loud. She just happened to be there when I went out. We didn't.. do anything but talk-"

"Why did you stay though?" Yoongi asked me, while he placed another spoonful of eggs and rice into his mouth. "You usually hate being around girls, but you stayed when it was Bomi? Well, she is boyish and-"

"Girl? What'd you mean by girl?"

"Bomi? You mean, your cousin Yoongi?" 

"Boyish? Which girl is boyish?" 

"What's the noise all about now, boys?" 

When I looked away from Yoongi, everyone had their eyes locked on me and it made me swallow the food that I was chewing on then. I looked from Himchan to Youngjae, to my dad and then to Namjoon and all of them had similar expressions on. 

I was a little taken aback by them spurting out all these questions all at once. "Umm,"

"Yixing was with a girl last night." Yoongi just had to in at that moment and when I turned to him, he was actually grinning as if he was proud. And I later on realized he was. He was proud of me, for not ticking a girl off for once.

A chorus of "Really?" came from all four of them and I couldn't help but just roll my eyes and put down my utensils. Namjoon and Youngjae found it a little hard to believe because they were looking at me as if I had done something completely amazing and spectacular. All I did was just talk to you, but that seemed to be big news to them. It was big news to my father too, because he actually smiled and asked for your name.

Before Yoongi could answer, I had cut in. "Oh, what's the big deal?! We only talked okay? And I didn't anything else with her. Please guys," I leaned back on my set, glaring at all of down including my own father. "Please. Don't make such a fuss about it." 

"We're just happy because.. well," Yoongi shrugged. "You're finally communicating to a real live female, and that female happens to be my cousin and I'm sure she'll get upset if she found out about you lying." he coyly said and looked at me from the corner of his eyes as he drank orange juice.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Yoongi put the glass down just when everyone, excluding me, had emptied their plates. "Talking wasn't the only thing you did to her, Yixing. You also lent her your jacket.. remember?" 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I ran off the right, the ball in my possession after Himchan had successfully passed it to me. I dribbled it and kept Namjoon away by sticking out my free arm to block his trials of stealing the ball away from me. The hoop was at a meter's length and just a few more large steps and maybe even a jump will lead to victory for Himchan and I.

"Namjoon, what're you doing?!" behind us, Yoongi was racing to help Namjoon steal the ball from me but Himchan did a good job of stalling him because he couldn't take another step further towards us. "Yah! Do you really want to die right now?!" 

From the sides, I saw Youngjae had rolled his eyes as I passed by him to get to the hoop, all fired up to get the ball in it. "Yah, Yoongi, can you just play basketball without shouting all the-"

"And you! How dare you not use honorifics on me anymore, Yoo Youngjae! Just because we're friends, you-"

At the same time Yoongi's blood was boiling, I had easily slipped past Namjoon's defense by faking to the left. He felt for it and I had a two second advantage so I didn't waste it. I quickly ran to the right and before Namjoon could even gather his wits, I take a step back and do a fade-away shoot from the sides. 

I wasn't worried because it was my specialty, and my fade-away shoots, no matter which angle or side were always, always accurate. When Yoongi saw I had slipped past Namjoon's one man defense, he stopped struggling and saw defeat. "That's great, Namjoon! Just great! Now we have to treat them lunch! Oh, that's just great!" he threw up his hands in exasperation and placed it on his bent knees.

I was laughing when I walked over to our bags which were beside Youngjae. I sat down beside him when I grabbed my water bottle and I almost finished all of it in just one gulp unlike Himchan who had already finished all of his. 

"You guys swore, alright? No going back on your words." Himchan told both Yoongi and Namjoon as they made their way towards us, Namjoon getting scolded while being head locked by Yoongi. The scene made Youngjae laugh like a kid. "Be a man Yoongi and don't back out of this one. Don't even think about coming up with a lame excuse or reason to worm your way out of this bet."

Yoongi groaned before he had released Namjoon, who began rubbing his neck with a pained expression. "Shut up, hyung. We get it, okay? Come on, lunch is on. Jeez, thanks Namjoon." he spat out while grabbing his bag from the benches. 

"It's not my fault!" Namjoon protested while walking beside Himchan, protecting himself from Yoongi if he ever attacked again. I was already walking forward and ahead of them, but I had to stop and wait since they were such slow walkers. "If you hadn't let Yixing steal the ball then-"

"Oh, you were the one who was supposed to guard him in the first place you little rascal!" 

"Hey, stop it." Youngjae placed a hand on Yoongi's shoulder while he balanced his backpack on the other one before he had placed the strap over his shoulder. "Just think about how much you'll be spending because we're eating at the Jungs alright?" 

"Hey! You told us we could choose the place we're eating at!"

"We never agreed on that."

The more bickering they did, the slower they walked. I checked the time on my watch with my hand placed firmly on my hips. I must've looked cranky then. But it was almost 12 noon and I was already tired and starving and my friends didn't quite help. "Guys, stop that, come on! Hurry up already, I'm-"

"Yoongi-oppa." 

I whipped around at the sound of your voice. It was surprising for me too, you know. To already be familiar with your voice after a few days. But there was no doubt about it. I was sure it was you.

And it really was. You stood a few feet behind me, with an odd expression on your face as you were looking past me, at Yoongi as you called out for his name. 

I just stood there, watching you and Namjoon told me that I was checking you out. But was I? I don't really know. All I know is, I was watching you because you looked pretty. It was sunny again and it was hot out, so people would be wearing less clothes, meaning they'd show more skin. 

But you wore a jacket, and you wore shorts too. But there were see-through leggings underneath them. Your sneakers had a design I liked, plus it was Nike. I couldn't stop looking at them, but the boys thought I was looking at your legs. 

Someone nudged me by the side, making me blink twice. "Hey, Yixing, eyes up there, man." Namjoon was the one who did and the others were laughing behind him. 

I rolled my eyes and was about to say something, when you had cut me off to greet us. "Hi guys... Hi Yix-Lay." You were smiling that time when you looked at us. The boys hollered before they greeted you back with kind words while I only nodded and smile at you. 

"Oppa," you said when Yoongi walked forward towards you, but not before flashing me a sly smirk. "Are you coming with us? We're having barbeque by the beach."  you pointed behind you, at the rest of your cousins that stood a few feet away from the court. "Auntie said it's okay if you don't as long as you get to eat your lunch." 

I spoke up before Yoongi could say anything. "He's eating at my house." I didn't quite know why I had the sudden urge to take your attention away from Yoongi and give it to me. 

You looked at me, a little bit surprised. I looked back at you. You looked into my mud brown eyes and I looked into your hazel ones. "He is?" you asked, not blinking, because I thought you didn't want to break our eye contact. 

"I am?" Yoongi asked, confused. 

I ended up being the one breaking it. I looked at Yoongi and sighed, remembering how forgetful this kid was. "Yes, you are. The rest of us are going back to my crib, it's okay if you won't come for today, Yoongi." the boys behind me agreed. 

Yoongi sighed, turning to you while feigning sadness. "As much as I want to go, I can't. Tell mom that, aight, Bomi? I'm sorry but I can't pass up on Mr. Zhang's cooking. It's better than my mom's and aunts anyways." he shrugged, smiling a little. "Don't tell them that." he added to Bomi. 

You rolled your eyes. "Alright. But we'll be gone all afternoon, so auntie suggested you should come home in the evening. See you later then," you started to walk away, you waved goodbye to Yoongi then to us. But your eyes, your hazel eyes, were locked with mine.

I smiled and waved back at you. 


a/n: if you find any grammatical or spelling errors, please tell me! :) comments are appreciated and upvotes are loved. <3 Thanks for reading.