Second

25 out of 365
2 --  海馬 Seahorse

0615

It was another sunny day, and every one of us boys were glad.  The view of the sea sparkling under the sunlight with no clouds to block it, was such a tempting scenery that I was already itching to take off my clothes and run towards the water to unleash the child in me. 

It was Tuesday and it was almost nearing lunch time, yet Youngjae and I weren't inside an old biology classroom listening to Mr. Goo's montone voice as he leads the class to a state of boredom, instead we were playing volleyball under the sun against Namjoon and Himchan, who should've been at their respective lecture halls during this time. And Yoongi, who was still MIA, should've been having a history lesson with Ms. Hwang in her classroom. 

But we weren't. We weren't even at school. School was over and for the next three or more months, nothing but fun and laughter will envelope us friends. It was exciting, just thinking about it. 

Youngjae tried to block Namjoon's spike, but failed miserably. He almost ended up tripping over his own feet and we all had to suppressed our laughter. He groaned. "Can we take a swim already?" it was a complain, not really a suggestion or a demand. You couldn't really blame him, he at volleyball. 

At the same time I looked to the seaside, all three of them looked too. The scene in front of us was beautiful, really, it was almost breathtakingly beautiful. Hundred of pebbles and tiny shells squirmed under my feet as I walked over to the chairs that we had set up. 

"Not until Yoongi comes, guys." Namjoon said when he plopped down on the seat beside me. "And, don't worry, he'll come." he added when he saw me open my mouth to say something. I closed it and rested my case.

Yesterday and the day before that, we were supposed to go skateboarding again and even go fishing along with Himchan's older brother. All five of us, but Yoongi wasn't there and that made us a little less excited on going out of our homes because it isn't really that fun when the little squirt wasn't around. Yoongi was one of those people who you would always want to hang out with because somehow, he just made living life even better.

"He told me they went out of town since the 13th and they just got back last night." Youngjae informed us when he sat on Namjoon's lap, and being the laid back guy that he is, Namjoon didn't mind. We didn't mind either because we did this all the time because we were just that comfortable around each other. "But are you really sure he could come?"

Namjoon had rolled his eyes and snorted. "Of course I'm-"  

"Hey! Guys!" 

All four of us snapped our heads to the direction of the voice at the same time. A grin appeared on Himchan's face and a wide smile was on mine. Youngjae was waving back to a funny-looking Yoongi while Namjoon beckoned him to come over quickly. Yoongi laughed but he ran towards us even with the rough and unbalanced seashore surface. 

As usual when we meet each other, we did our short yet unique handshake that was made by all five of us. Yoongi went to me last and he was still grinning widely when he did. Yoongi was just so full of positivity and joy that being around him made you filled with the feeling too. That was why I liked Yoongi, and the reason why I wanted to be friends with him. 

"Sorry about missing out these past two days-"

Before he could even properly began, Himchan cut in. "We didn't miss anything because we didn't even do anything. We couldn't because you weren't there, you squirt." he placed Yoongi in a headlock and ruffled the top of his head, making all of us laugh. Easy-going, laid back, sarcastic and fun; these were the words that could be used to described our so-called leader, Himchan. 

"Sorry about that." Yoongi apologized, smiling at us. He adjutes the cap on his head since it had fallen down when Himchan grabbed him. "I was spending some time with my family and my cousins just visited along with my aunts and uncles, so the house was pretty packed and I couldn't escape." he pauses to sigh. "And, guys, I'm really sorry because-"

"It's fine, Yoong, it's-"

"No, I mean it." Yoongi looked at us one by one, and there was something odd about his expression then and I wanted to ask, but I refrained myself. I later found out he was talking to us weirdly because of you. "I'm sorry, alright? I'm not even supposed to go out today, but I begged my mom and I was about to go down to my knees just to see you guys because yes, you are that important to me but before I could even start begging her with my knees on the ground, she told me I could go out if... I brought my cousin along." 

Yoongi looked a little guilty and I couldn't even begin to describe the expression on his face. I exchanged glances with Himchan, thinking what could be so wrong about that? Namjoon was the one who spoke first though. "It's alright, Yoong, it really is. Where is he then? Can we-"

"My cousin's a she, boys." he said, narrowing her eyes at us. "So don't you dare, alright? Especially you, Joon." he told Namjoon, and I couldn't blame him because Namjoon was a ladies man. He could get any girl he wanted and any girl that he liked. You jokingly told me it was a talent, but I seriously thought it was. 

Namjoon only rolled his eyes at Yoongi. "I'll keep my hands off, or at least I'll-" he stopped there when he saw the look Yoongi was giving him, and Youngjae cracked up. 

"Anyways," Yoongi rolled his eyes too before he turned his back to us. "Bomi, come on!" he was shouting at someone familiar, and when I looked pass him, I noticed that the someone was actually you in a dress. 

Yoongi was telling you to hurry up, but you were scowling at him and that made Youngjae laugh in amusement. Yoongi had to run towards you and grab you by the arm, in which you protested because you told him your leg still hurt. Yoongi didn't listen to you, he just kept on saying that he didn't want to be with you right then either but he had no choice. You kept on complaining as he dragged you towards us. 

For a moment there, I was stunned when I was looking at you because I thought you looked pretty. Apparently, I wasn't the only one though. Namjoon was already staring at you from head to toe and Youngjae was smiling at you and it made me wonder if he remembered you from a few days ago. 

"Hey, Xing-ah." Himchan made me look at him. "Be nice."

I raised an eyebrow but said nothing and turned away. I knew what he meant because I was usually not as pleasant around girls compared to the other four. An incident, several incidents to be honest made me think indifferently of women, and that included you. Judging you before I even met you was one of the biggest mistakes in my life. 

"Why?" I asked Himchan when he sat down on the chair at the other side. I asked the obvious of course because like I said, I knew what he meant. I'm not good with meeting new people either, but I had gotten better at socializing at the least. That still didn't change your first impression of me though. 

"Because, look at her," you were in front of us by then and you didn't look so happy to be there. You were avoiding our gazes, and you didn't recognize neither Youngjae and I yet. "She's pretty so be nice." 

You were looking down on your feet, still not looking at us when Yoongi dragged you by the wrist. I couldn't look at you too, or Youngjae because I had a feeling he recognized you already. Instead, I was looking at your feet and your pink slippers. I thought, typical. Because you wore pink and a purple dress, I immediately thought you were a real girly girl. 

Then I noticed the silver anklet around your left foot, and from where I was seated, I could see two gold seahorse charms dangling on it. You later told me they were your favorite animals, and I was a little surprise because I thought you'd love pandas and unicorns like all the other girls. 

Yoongi started introducing you to everyone, and I was surprised at how confident you sounded when you told us your name. You were known as Yoon Bomi, and I thought you're name sounded nice when I repeated it in my head. I was surprised you weren't shy, because I know most girls would be when they'd be introduce to four handsome guys, and yes that included me. 

Whether you did or did not recognize Youngjae from a few days ago, you showed absolutely no signs of it. Youngjae just smiled at you, but you didn't return it back. After Youngjae, I was next to be introduced.

"This is Yixing." Yoongi pushed you over to me and by then, you wore a composed expression but you still weren't smiling.

You didn't stick your hand out for me to shake, nor did you crack up a smile just for me. You only stood there and nodded. "I'm Bomi, Yixing." were the first ever words you said to me. You showed no recognition if you had saw me from before or not. 

"Just call me Lay. Only the ones closest to me call me by my real name." God, what a jerk I must've been when I said that to you. But I couldn't help myself, and didn't I just mentioned I'm not really good with meeting new people? Especially girls? It was good that you let our first official meeting slide. I couldn't take those words back anyways. 

You obviously thought the same because you raised an eyebrow, but said nothing regarding the issue. You nodded again. "Okay, Lay."

I asked you one time about your first impression of me. You told me you thought I was a jerk, but then you told me that you completely thought wrong. I was touched a little bit, just a little bit. 

You still weren't smiling after the introductions, but you didn't look uncomfortable anymore either when you sat by the sides. You let us boys play and you weren't even cheering us on. You were quiet and observant the whole time. You just sat there and watched us. 

I thought you were the shy kind of girl, and not a flirty one. I thought you were timid and slightly arrogant because you kept on nagging Yoongi. You kept your eyes on the game and didn't agree when Youngjae asked if you wanted to play with us. You kept your eyes on us the whole time. At first, I thought girls like you liked boys like Namjoon or Himchan. A flower couple, both handsome and pretty. 

But no, that wasn't the case. Girls like you were meant for boys like me, is what you had said and I was with you on that. 

I regretted not talking to you that day. 


a/n: ahhh, jinjjaaa~ >< I tried to showcase how judgemental and stereotypical Lay is but I think I failed. /sighs. TnT huhuhu. I'll try my best in the next chapter! ^^ please drop some comments, yeah? I would really appreciate it. 
So, anyways, who's watching WGM Global Edition? Oh my goodnessss. I kennot. <33 The feels I get from watching Heechul/Puff and Key/Arisa. You guys want sweet? Oh, the couples will give you sweet! Go and watch! ^^