Third

25 out of 365
3 -- 微笑 Smile 

0616

I didn't like parties and the boys knew that. Parties were too loud and too crowded for my liking. One thing could lead to another and just one sip of beer could lead to thirty more. Teens would wake up with hangovers or even worse, waking up with someone else beside you. It's crazy really. I really didn't like parties at all, but they still dragged me to one.

They came barging into my house that afternoon, all smiles and creating ruckus as they made their way to my room and before I know it, they were carrying me, all four of them, and I was only wearing some basketball shorts and a shirt. 

But at least the let me change before we headed for the party in Himchan's car with Namjoon driving since he and Himchan were the only ones who had a driver's license among the five of us. The party was by the docks which was a few kilometers from my house. My grandfather and father allowed me, but I didn't allow myself. Yet, they still didn't listen. 

I remembered being seated between Himchan and Yoongi, the two strongest between us five since the two of them were active in sports, especially Yoongi who loved to play basketball. Youngjae took the passenger's seat, which was usually my spot but not this time since they were crazy enough to think that I would actually run out the moving car and escape. And maybe I could if the two of them weren't squishing me.

"Who's party is it again?" Later on, I abandoned all thoughts and chances escaping. I couldn't back out then since we were nearing the destination already. 

"The Jung sisters, they're throwing the biggest summer party this year and you cannot miss it for the world, Zhang Yixing." Yoongi told me, and I wasn't surprised by his words. He was the one who loved going to parties and socializing the most among us, and I was the one who hated what he loved. "It's a house party."

I sighed. "Stop holding me, Chan-hyung. I'm not going to escape alright?" I turned my head to the left, facing Himchan, who s his hands away from my arms and eventually letting go of them. "I can't go now since we're-"

"We're here." Youngjae took the words right out of my mouth and by the time I was unbuckling the seatbelt Himchan had put on me, all of them were already climbing out of the car. I soon followed after, grumbling and muttering unpleasant things under my breathe. Trust me, you don't want to know what I was saying that time. 

The Jungs owned the largest restaurant in the whole area. And though they're food wasn't all that cheap, I can guarantee that every won is worth it. It was a seafood restaurant by the docks and I often ate there when my father had his pay or whenever my grandfather whips money out from his bank account.

Himchan's car was parked only a few meters away from the Jungs residence, which was connected to their restaurant, along with the other dozens of cars because it seemed like all the teens in town were already inside the house, having the time of their lives. And of course, knowing my friends, they didn't want to be upstaged or anything like that. So they just had to come and they just had to drag me along.

Since both of the Jung sisters were quite popular in town, Soojung being known for how beautiful she was inside and out and Sooyeon for her amazing singing skills, it was no wonder why their house was so jam-packed with people. When I first stepped in, the noise overwhelmed me. Everything overwhelmed me.

There were some that were dancing on the table tops, others were singing songs through the karaoke even though their voice wasn't quite pleasing to the ears, some were even drinking beer like crazy for a contents and Namjoon even won three games of beer-pong that night. Thank goodness he wasn't drunk either because half-way through the night when the sun had set, Himchan was already drunk. He took advantage of not being underage anymore. 

"Yixiiing," I was carrying him from the living room to the kitchen, where both Yoongi and Youngjae were, when he slurred out my name. The scent of alcohol was there in his breathe and it made me gag. "Are you.. are you.. having fun-"

"Hyung, shut up." I somehow succeeded in half-draggin,g half-carrying him with me to the kitchen. He leaned on Youngjae for support as Yoongi tried to keep him concious. "He can't pass out." I told them, my eyes on Himchan who was smiling like a doofus with his eyes closed. He was also humming to a song that sounded eerily familiar. 

"Hey," someone had tapped me by the shoulder and I turned around. "Here, Yixing." Jung Soojung, one of the two hostess of the party offered me a can of beer. And, even though I was of age, I declined it by shaking my head and smiling politely as I could because as girly as Soojung could get, she was actually not that bad. When I told you this, that got you feeling jealous. 

She was persistent though. "Oh come on, Yixing." she laughs. She didn't even bother to use honorifics or call me 'oppa' or 'sunbae'. "You're one of the only ones who doesn't have a beer in their hands, come on, take it." 

Youngjae had kicked me forward, and I let out a really deep sigh. I had no choice by then. I slowly reached out for the can of beer she was offering to me and when my fingers gripped tightly on it, Soojung smiled and let go. "Have fun." she said, winking before she left the kitchen. 

"It's not like it's your first beer, Yixing." Behind me, Yoongi laughs and when I turn to look back at them, Himchan was somehow semi-concious because he was standing up without Youngjae's support. He still had his eyes closed though as he hummed along to the song playing. "And Soojung gave it to you, be honored. You know I heard she likes you." 

Yoongi smirked at me and wriggled his eyebrows in a disturbing manner that made both you and I groan. That's what I did, I groaned, when I saw his eyebrows wriggle. I didn't say anything though, because I opened the can right then.

"I heard he doesn't care." Youngjae supplied for me, and I nodded while mumbling 'Mhmm' and that made Yoongi roll his eyes at me. 

I took a sip, just one tiny sip, but it was enough to make my throat burn a little. I looked at the brand and realized this was one of those strong beers that could make people drunk in only five large gulps of it. I tried to shake the bitterness away by shaking my head. "I'll catch you guys later." I told the boys.

Before they grabbed me, I was already walking out the kitchen. It was too hot there, and I felt like I was being suffocated. Even though their house was big, with the amount of people in it, I felt like I was being trapped in a small box with bodies pushing me here and there and just everywhere.

I made my way through the sea of people in the hall, pass kissing couples and drunk teens. I was headed for the back door where the Jungs had this mini floating dock in their backyard and their backyard was practically the bay in the area that eventually opened up to the sea.

Nobody outside the Jung family had been there ever since Soojung's older sister, Sooyeon had almost drowned there. Everyone tried to avoid the area whenever they visited the Jungs house so basically, it was the perfect place for some alone time, even though it would be really cold and chilly outside. I didn't care about that though, I just wanted some time to myself. 

The thought of me, being alone, watching the stars and the bay at night was really nice.

But then you had to ruin it. 

When I closed the door behind me, the first thing I did was breathe the fresh air with my eyes closed. When I opened them again, the first thing I saw was a figure sitting at the edge of the dock with it's legs swinging freely over the edge. I didn't realize it was you until you turned around. 

I was opening the door that time, when it made a rather loud creaking sound that caught your attention. You turned and found yourself looking at me. I was looking back at you too even though I couldn't see your face that clearly. I was wondering to myself on why you were even here in the party. 

"Umm... Yixing, right?" you said and before I could correct you by saying 'Just Lay', you smiled at me. It wasn't the first time that I saw you smile, because I still remembered that time in Youngjae's record shop. But back then, that smile wasn't meant for me. The one you wearing then, as you sat on the dock, was definitely meant for me. 

"Lay.." I said meekly before I closed the door behind me. I couldn't believe it. I found myself walking towards you; you was still smiling at me. I didn't know what make me stay. Maybe because it was your smile, and now that I think of it, I really stayed with you because of your smile even though I didn't want to. 

I really wanted to go back in, because you destroyed my hopes of watching the stars alone but you created a new one instead; watching the stars with you. 

But before we did that, we talked. You told me things about your relation with Yoongi, and I told you some things about our group, not about me. I didn't want to tell you more about myself back then, because I thought it was too early. We only met each other a few days before, and that was the third time we saw each other again. We sat half a meter apart from each other, with our legs over the edge of the floating dock. My shoes were almost touching the water, but your's still had a few more inches before it did. 

You asked me questions, I asked you questions. You answered me, I answered you. That went on for quite a while and I got more comfortable around you since then. The ideals I put you in were slowly crumbling down too, because that night, I had gotten to know a little more about you. 

"How old are you?" I asked.

"21. How about you?" You eyed the half-empty beer can in my hand. 

"22." So, I was a year older than you but you refused to call me 'oppa' back then. "Do you drink?"

You told me no and that you hated liquor but you didn't judge me for drinking it. I felt bad, because I judged you before I even met you. 

"Can't I call you Yixing?" You asked. 

"You have to be close with me first." I answered. 

"Why are you out here?" I asked.

"I don't like it inside. It's hot and noisy." You answered. I managed to crack up a smile at that, because those were the two reason why I even wanted to go out into the chilly night air. 

"Yixing.. that's Chinese right?"

"Yeah."

"So, you're Chinese? I mean, like from China and not from Taiwan or Hong Kong?"

"From China." 

Before you could ask me what I was doing in Korea, I asked you, "Don't you recognize me? Even from before?" 

"I do. At the record shop, right? Along with.."

"Youngjae."

You smiled again. "Yeah, Youngjae." 

I was a little surprised you remembered me, but not Youngjae. You told me later on that I stood out among the four boys the first day we had officially met. I didn't know if you were telling the truth or just telling me a sweet lie. I didn't care though, not during that time. 

"Why are you here? I mean, like, at the party.." I continued our game of twenty questions, because that's what it seemed and it looked like you were thinking the same thing.

You took your time in answering. You pursed your lips before you had said:"I met someone from yesterday, and he seemed really nice to invite me to a party. So I agreed, we went together while Yoongi-oppa told me he'd meet me here since he was going with you boys. I lost sight of my friend.. so I ended up here." 

I was smiling that time when I was looking at you. But that didn't necessarily mean I was smiling at you. I haven't fallen for your charms yet. Charms I didn't know you even had. 

"Nobody comes here because about a year ago, a girl almost drowned here in this very area and everyone's scared to come here ever since." I told you but somehow, that didn't shock you. You kept a straight face as you stared back at me under the moonlight. "So, who's your friend?"

"His name's Park Chanyeol.. do you.. know him?" you asked me cautiously, and I wondered if you were getting shy. 

I nodded. "Yeah, I know him and he is nice. He's pretty funny too." 

"Oh." you nodded too before you turned to look away from me.

I looked away from you as well and averted my gaze to the bay that was glistening under the beams of the moon. The bay at night looked so cool and serene that for a second there, I fell in love with it. With the scenery. And you asked me, "Is it possible to get jealous on something like the bay?" I didn't understand what you mean back then, but I do now. 

Beause I'd get jealous if you told me you fell in love with a scenery too. 

Beside me, you shivered. Then I realized you weren't shy every time you looked down or looked away, you were actually feeling cold and you didn't want it to show. Because even through your decent clothes (and by decent I mean good and not revealing and racy), that air still penetrated through them. 

I looked at you, my eyebrows knitted together, while wondering why you didn't openly complain that you were actually freezing. Because I knew most girls would, even girls like Soojung. Openly complain just so that I could give my jacket.

That's what I did to you. Even though you didn't ask for it, I still gave it to you like the gentleman that I truly am. I removed my jacket and gave it to you, not minding the cold air because in all honesty, I liked the cold. But you didn't, but it was okay for me because it gave me a reason to act sweet and thoughtful. 

You were too flustered and probably feeling too cold to say 'no'. I didn't expect you to though. "Thank you." you told me.

I only smiled in return before looking back to the bay.

I'm usually not that kind around girls, but when I am, it's only towards you. That made you feel special. That made you smile. 


I've been watching running man episodes ever since the 20th, and I cannot get enough. ^3^ I've watched all the episodes I wanted so, I'm back to updating my fics more frequently now. Yaaaay. \^o^/ heh. lol. 
But anyways, four words plus two: What do you think so far?