The Pianist

The Pianist

    There was a knock at the door.

 

    “Yes?” Chen answered only to be irritated at who he saw.

 

    “Chen, can I talk to Ae Chu for a bit?” Yixing asked.

 

    Chen’s calm hands turned into fists and in a low voice he said,

 

    “I can’t let you talk to her. You know that. If you keep seeing her, she will remember what happened. It’ll ruin her,” His eyes started to grow mad.

 

    “I know that,” Yixing said softly as his mind came up with scenarios of what might happen to Ae Chu if she really did start to remember things, “I just need to tell her that I’m moving away in a few weeks.”

 

    Chen’s eyes grew wide and he called out to Ae Chu who had a catalog of wedding dresses in her hands.

 

    “Yixing... What are you doing here?” She asked.

 

    “I came here to talk to you. Can we talk alone?”

 

    Ae Chu nodded her head and went out of her house to the steps. They both sat down next to each other.

 

    “What is it you wanted to talk about? I thought I told you that we can’t be friends anymore.”

 

    “You did tell me that,” Yixing said, “I came to tell you that... I’ll be moving in a few weeks.”

 

    Hearing the news, Ae Chu felt a blistering pain in her heart, accompanied with images from her past.

 

    “He can’t stay here anymore,” A lady said.

 

    “He needs to move or something because if she starts to remember what happened, she might get hurt more. It’s not good for patients with memory loss to remember things in the past.”

 

    Ae Chu pushed away the thoughts from her head. She didn’t know what it meant.

 

    “Then...” She started, “Come to our wedding. If you’re leaving in a few weeks, at least make good memories with us. Our wedding is next week Saturday. We have planned out everything and all we need to do is get my wedding dress and Chen still needs to find his best man.”

 

    Yixing was surprised to get an invitation to the wedding. Yet, he didn’t want to make anymore memories with Ae Chu because he wanted to move on and not cause her anymore pain.

 

    “Ae Chu, I do-”

 

    “I know! How about you be Chen’s best man?!” Ae Chu jumped to her feet and went into the house to drag Chen by the arm, “How about Yixing be your best man?”

 

    Chen’s eyes were wide again by the sudden suggestion.

 

    “I don’t think that’s-”

 

    “Aw come on! Our wedding is next week! Plus, Yixing is going to be moving in a few weeks so I thought it would be good to make some great memories before he leaves!”

 

    Chen didn’t have any choice but to say yes. Nor could Yixing, he didn’t want to say no and have her be sad. With that, the two men went to look for a tux for Yixing while Ae Chu went to look for the perfect wedding dress with her friends.