The Pianist

The Pianist

    It was late at night on a Friday. Ae Chu just came out from the bar form celebrating her piano recital with her friends that came to watch.

 

    “Be careful on the way home, Ae Chu!” Her friend called out to her.

 

    “Don’t worry! I didn’t drive here remember? My house is only a few blocks away,” Ae Chu reminded while walking down the street.

 

    Ae Chu walked the dark pathways, only having the street lamps light her way. The stores were dark, the cars were parked by the curbs, and there was barely anyone that walked the same path as her. As she passed by a lighted store, music was playing through the cracked open door. Curiosity roamed Ae Chu’s mind as the sound of piano keys played and reached her ears. She walked into the store with no one at the counter. She followed the beautiful sound that led her to a door that was slightly open. Ae Chu carefully leaned her body against the frame of the door and peeked through the crack.

 

    A man playing the piano sat on a stool. Scratching his pencil at a sheet of music. It was like replaying a song. He would play a few keys, write a few keys, play, and then write again. Ae Chu watched as his slender fingers tapped the keys, making beautiful music that echoed through the room.

 

    Amazing. Ae Chu thought.

 

    She stayed at the door frame, enchanted at the wondrous music that played. Her mind slipped as she felt her bag slip from her hands and crashed against the floor. Her belongings falling out from her bag. Ae Chu quickly picked up her belongings, only to stop when the door opened up fully. A pair of high top shoes stood in front of her.

 

    “What are you doing here?” The man asked.

 

    Slowly, Ae Chu looked up at him. His brown eyes looked down at her, slender face tilted down in her direction, and dark brown hair dropped over his brows.

 

    “Ah... Um... I was just... I was admiring your music,” Ae Chu stuttered.

 

    He kept quiet for a few seconds examining her face as if he knew her from somewhere, “If you like it, then come sit down,” He pulled her up from the ground, “I just finished it.”

 

    He took her hand in his, not afraid to show some skin ship even though they just met.

 

    His hand seems familiar. Ae Chu thought as she followed him into the room and sat next to him on the stool in front of the piano.