The Pianist

The Pianist

    There was an awkward silence that grew among the three that stood in the room. Ae Chu was confused at why they were staring at each other with intense glares.

 

    “Chen, do you know Yixing?” Ae Chu asked.

 

    “Silly,” Chen said ruffling up her hair, “How would I know him if I only just met him!”

 

    Yixing laughed, “You’re so silly, Ae Chu. How about we go for some lunch?”

 

    They agreed and headed towards a restaurant. After being seated, Chen decided to start up a conversation.

 

    “So, how do you know, Ae Chu?” Chen asked.

 

    “Well... Yesterday she kinda stumbled into the store because she was curious of the person playing the piano. And we kinda just met from there,” Yixing said.

 

    “Oh... That’s interesting. How long have you been playing the piano?”

 

    “Almost my entire life. I started when I was around 5 or 6, I think.”

 

    Chen nodded his head taking in the information.

 

    “How long have you two been engaged?” Yixing asked, seeming a bit irritated at the subject.

 

    “We’ve been engaged for about 8 months. We just haven’t found a good time to get married yet with Ae Chu being a pianist and me going over sea’s for jobs.”

 

    The conversation ended there and after they had finished their meal, they went their separate ways. When Ae Chu and Chen made their way home, Chen had slammed the door causing her to jump.

 

    “What's wrong Chen?” Ae Chu asked.

 

    “Stay away from Yixing,” He ordered.

 

    “What? But why?”

 

    “I just don’t like him! He’s giving me the wrong feeling.”

 

    Ae Chu laughed at the stupid excuse, “Really, Chen? We’re just friends! And nothing more!”

 

    Chen mouthed her words as he made his way to the kitchen filling up a glass of water.

 

    “Are you jealous? Chen, be more mature than that. I’m your fiancé remember?”

 

    Ae Chu jumped when Chen had slammed the glass against the marble counter.

 

    “I’m telling you to just stay away from him! Is it that hard to understand, Ae Chu?!” Chen shouted as he made his way towards her, only leaving a 5 inch gap between them.

 

    Ae Chu looked into Chen’s eyes. She knew he wasn’t kidding.

 

    “Fine... I’ll stay away from him,” Ae Chu said giving into the pressure.

 

    And with that, they went to bed. The next day, Chen had made Ae Chu breakfast to apologize for the fight they had.

 

    “Hun... Honey,” Chen shook her sleepy body, “Time to wake up. It’s Sunday.”

 

    Ae Chu turned her body to face Chen, who was kneeling on the ground with his chin resting on the bed. A smile grew on her face as she saw his.

 

    “Just 5 more minutes,” She said softly, turning back over.

 

    “Uh uh!” Chen said as he toppled over her as his hands tickled her waist.

 

    Ae Chu bursted out laughing, trying to scramble away from the dangerous hands that attacked her waist.

 

    “Aish! I’m up! I’m up!” Ae Chu shouted as she pulled herself up from the bed.

 

    “I made breakfast,” Chen informed as he laid as kiss on the temple of her head, “I was thinking that maybe we could start planning our wedding.”

 

    Ae Chu froze.

 

    “Really?”

 

    “Yeah. We can go meet up with a few people to talk about locations, decorations, and other things.”

 

    Ae Chu got up from the bed and jumped on Chen from behind causing him to hold her legs, piggy back style. She laid a few kisses on his cheek and neck.

 

    “Thank you so much, Chen,” She whispered into his ear.