Jongup

Lovesick

tumblr_inline_ncp3qldWur1r2rpba.gif

“The moment I first saw you, my breath was taken away, my heart pounded, and I started to be sick.”

You tugged the scarf around your neck tighter, trying to block the cold wind from your neck as you walked down the street. You had just gotten off work and were headed towards the local coffee shop that you had begun to frequent recently. You smiled as you waved to the man pushing the ice cream cart, recognizing him instantly as the one you see every Tuesday. You shook your head and arrived at the coffee shop, opening the door and walking happily to the counter, leaning against it as you saw the cashier crouched, putting something under the counter.

“Afternoon!” you said cheerily, chuckling softly when they stood up. Jungkook had been working here for almost two years from what he told you and had already learned your name. He was several years younger than you and you two had become almost like siblings.

“Hello, ______!” He waved before turning around, setting to make your drink as you found yourself to your normal spot. The table had become your haven when you come in. You would always go sit in the vacant corner and immerse yourself in your book until Jungkook would bring your drink over and leave you to yourself so he could go back to work. As you made your way over you stopped in your steps, noticing the dark figure sitting in your seat. You felt a slight pout grace your lips as you stared at the figure. He was dressed in all black, his hood pulled up around his face, which was turned down. You couldn’t see who he was and you were starting to grow nervous, noticing you had been lingering by the table for more than five minutes now. You felt Jungkook step up behind you, clearing his throat as he handed you your drink, glancing over to the taken table and tilting his head, “Maybe he’ll let you sit there with him, noona? He’s only waiting of Sunggyu-hyung to finish his order.”

“I can’t ask that!” you whispered quickly, grabbing your drink and taking a quick sip, looking at the other male from the corner of your eye, “That’s just awkward, Jungkook.” He grew a weird smile on his face before passing you, going over and tapping the man’s shoulder gently, gathering his attention.

“I hate to bother you, sir,” you tried to get his attention to tell him to stop, but he ignored you, “Do you mind if this pretty noona sat with you? She usually sits here and seems to be conflicted about where to sit now.” He smirked, looking over at you, “She won’t bother you, she’s too shy, so you both can just sit here comfortably.” You saw the man nod before hearing his laugh gracing your ears. His laugh was beautiful and you found butterflies filling your stomach for some reason. Jungkook came over, grabbing your hand and pulling you towards the table, pushing you into the empty chair across the man before leaving and going back to his duties. You bit your lip nervously as you sit there, holding your cup close to your face, trying to hide your blush as you watched the man. His gaze remained to the floor, and his hood hid his face from you but you could see that he was smiling charmingly.

“I-I’m sorry about him…” you spoke softly, biting your lip harder as your brow furrowed, “He’s kind of… out there, yeah? I-I can sit somewhere else, if you don’t want the company.”

“It’s alright,” your heart stopped as the man spoke, “I don’t mind about the pretty ‘noona’ sitting with me.” You flushed more, holding in the squeal of delight at being called pretty from him. He hadn’t even said much but he was already charming you more than anyone has. You looked towards your cup, taking another sip to keep you from opening your mouth and saying something stupid or embarrassing. You saw movement and noticed he turned his face up a tad, letting you see him. He looked vaguely familiar but you couldn’t place where you’ve seen him before. You noticed him freeze, a lovely smile gracing his lips as he stared at you.

 

Jongup felt his heart stop and his mouth grew dry as he looked at you. He knew that the smile on his lips was probably becoming creepy but he didn’t care at the moment, he couldn’t stop and he couldn’t look away from you. Just as soon as he thought he was going to lose his breath from his heart not beating, he felt it pick up, going twice as fast as it originally had. He never believed in love at first sight until this instant, until this beautiful soul had embellished his life. He began seeing flashes of him and you in what could be a relationship, a life together, and he started to think he was really becoming a creep. Here he was fantasizing about a girl who he didn’t even know the name of. He didn’t even know if you could ever like him. He felt a blush start to make its way to his cheeks and he began stumbling over his words, not having mental control of his actions; his heart was now running the show.

“I-I’m Jongup! You’re pretty!” his eyes widened as he heard you gasp and shoot your gaze up to his and Jongup felt himself falling into the deep abyss of your eyes. He wanted to protect you, to love you, to show you the world; everything and anything you wanted he wanted to be. “I-I-I mean… I’m s-sorry… I didn’t mean… I mean, I did mean it but I didn’t mean to say it and now I sound really creepy and stupid and… Hi.” You felt a giggle make it’s way to your lips, coming out soft as you smiled at him, covering your blush with your cup and looking at him over the brim.

“It’s alright. My name’s ______,” you smiled, bowing your head slightly at him as you took another sip of your drink. He smiled, letting out a sigh of relief and waving at you before smiling wider, letting out a laugh as he scratched the back of his neck.

“That came out pretty bad, didn’t it?” His voice came out nervous and you couldn’t help but notice how cute he was acting. “My name’s Jongup. Moon Jongup.” He was about to say something else but was interrupted by Jungkook bringing over his order. There were multiple drinks in a caddy to go. You watched as Jungkook smirked at the redness on both of your cheeks before walking away, shaking his head as he laughed. You your dry lips before looking back to Jongup, gesturing towards the drinks.

“You running an errand?” you asked softly, not wanting him to go just yet.

“Kind of…” he said, looking over to you, holding the drinks near him, “Uh… me and some friends were at practice and got thirsty. I drew the short stick.” He looked down to the drinks and smiled shyly, speaking lowly, “Though, I’m starting to think I pulled it by luck.” You blushed as he looked up at you, “I… I have to go… but I want to see you again, _____. Can I? See you again, I mean.”

“O-Of course!” you smiled back, taking a napkin and grabbing a pen out of your purse, writing your number on the napkin and handing it to him, biting your lip tentatively, “This is my cell… uh… text me or call me when you want to meet up. I mean… y-yeah.”

“Will do. Goodbye, _____,” he smiled, getting up and seeming to hesitate as he was walking towards the door. He let out a deep breath and came back, leaning down and pressing his lips to your cheek gently, leaving before you could even have time to gasp. Inside your bag your phone went off, signaling you got a message. You pulled it out and smiled as you read the text.

‘Although I didn’t mean to say it, I meant it when I said you were pretty. Maybe we could see each other tomorrow? I don’t know if I could last more than one day… ~ A Nervous Jonguppie’

You chuckled as you looked out the window, seeing him standing across the street, staring down at his phone in anticipation. You smiled and replied.

‘Of course I would. Look up ~ An Equally Nervous _____’

You smiled brightly as he looked up, waving excitedly at you before blushing and drawing his hoodie tighter around him, running off in the other direction. You didn’t know much about him, but you knew that you had plenty of time to get to know him more.