Yongguk

Lovesick

tumblr_inline_n47qvud46a1r2rpba.gif

“Without you, I’m in pain, lovesick.”

Yongguk laid in bed after a long performance night, sighing as he rolled over and unlocked his phone, staring at the picture of his love. He smiled sadly as he traced his finger over the way your hair fell, imaging his fingers running through your hair as his forehead rest against yours. Being on this tour was definitely hard but being away from you was even harder. He had come to depend on you so much, but being an idol took him away from you way too often. He always found it challenging to leave you every time he had an extended trip. He rolled over, holding his phone above his head as he pulled open his pictures, flipping through all of the ones of you, missing you more and more with every one. He was lovesick. He was in so deep, everyone knew that. Everyone except you, it seems. He knew you loved him and you knew he loved you, but he had not confessed that you now had become more important than anything in his life. It took several years together to show him, but he had finally found something more important than his passion. You were his be all, end all. One day, he was going to make you his wife. Mrs. Bang Yongguk. That was going to be you, he was positive of it. He sighed, biting his lip as he checked the time. 12am. It would be 2pm where you were, you would be getting off work soon, he knew it. If he were to stay awake for just one more hour, he could get the chance to hear your voice. Maybe then his aching heart would be soothed. He had to get up in seven hours to catch a flight to the next city, but he didn’t care. His heart hurt so much, he needed to know you were okay; he needed to hear your voice. The other’s walked into his bedroom to say goodnight, casting him a sad look as they saw the state of their leader. Everyone knew this was becoming harder and harder on him, especially lately with being on the other side of the world. He loved his fans and his job, he did, but he adored you. You were his precious girlfriend, his precious love, his precious ______. He checked his phone once again, almost whimpering as he saw only fifteen minutes had pass.

You were cleaning around your desk, checking the time religiously, as the time grew closer and closer. You missed him immensely, more than ever before. You felt your heart aching more than usual and you just knew something was wrong with your Gukkie. You two were pretty in tune with each other, having been together for over three years can do that to a couple. Words weren’t needed between you to know what the other was feeling. 2:30. Thirty more minutes until you were off and you could check on him. You wondered if he would even be up, but then again, you felt restless. Something felt wrong and you knew Yongguk was in need of help. Your boss came over, smiling forlornly as she noticed you pacing, antsy to leave. She wasn’t just your boss, she was your friend, and she knew exactly what you were going through. She patted your shoulder and gave you permission to leave early, even offering to save all your documents so that you could get out quicker. You hugged her and grabbed your stuff, clocking out and running downstairs. You bit your lip as you looked for your keys, digging through your purse for them and your phone, getting into your car and locking the doors, resting your forehead against the steering wheel as you pressed and held the #1 on your phone, smiling weakly as it dialed Yongguk’s number.

Yongguk jumped in surprise as he heard the familiar ringtone, fumbling with the phone to answer it, even almost dropping it. He slid the answer button over and pressed it to his ear, almost shaking as he waited for your voice to come over the speaker and sooth his heart. The two of you stayed silent for a minute or two, just listening to each other breath until finally you spoke up.

“Guk?” your voice was shaky; you were losing control faster than you thought.

“Baby?” he let out a deep contented sigh as he heard your voice, willing himself not to become over-emotional.

“Gukkie,” you smiled through tears that had began to collect in your eyes, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too, baby,” he breathed shakily, hearing the tears through your voice, knowing you were crying, “______, jagiya, please don’t cry.”

“I can’t help it, Gukkie,” you sniffled slightly, wiping at a tear that had escaped, “I miss you so much.”

“I miss you so much, too, baby,” he let out a choked and sad chuckle, “I miss you being in my arms. I miss being in your arms. I miss your smile and your laugh and your kiss.”

“Oh, Gukkie,” you felt more tears escape at his words, “I miss all those things too, baby. It’s not that much longer, though. Just one more week before you’re back, right?”

“A week is too long for my yearning heart,” he admitted, feeling his eyes grow moist, “I just… I…”

“I understand, baby,” you cut him off, knowing he was trying to hold himself together, “We’ll be together soon, Gukkie.”

“I’m not leaving you for this long ever again,” he said seriously, pressing his hand to his chest, trying to relieve the pressure he felt there.

“Baby, you know that you’re job can’t let you say that,” you chastised him gently, finally letting out the tears freely.

“I don’t care,” he insisted, “I don’t care what they say. I’m not ever going to be this far away from you again. This is too long.”

“Baby, you’re acting lovesick,” you commented, smiling at his words.

“I am,” he said quickly, pressing the heel of his hand to one eye, trying to stop himself from crying, “I’m in so much pain right now, jagiya.”

“I can feel it,” you said softly, leaning your head against the front of your seat, “My heart hurts a lot today.”

“I promise you, I’m never going to put us through this again, you hear?” he sat up, clearing his throat and wiping the few tears that had strayed, “Never.”

“I hear you, baby,” you said, sniffling again and looking at the time, “Baby, you need to get to sleep, okay?”

“I don’t want to hang up,” he admitted, his head falling into his hand.

“Don’t. I’ve got nothing else to do today, just stay on the line and I’ll hang up once you fall asleep, alright?” You smiled, starting your car and buckling your seatbelt before pulling out of your parking space, “Shall I sing you a song?”

“I’d love that, baby. I want to fall asleep to your voice,” he laid back down, putting the phone on speaker and turning it down so that only he could hear. He set it on the pillow next to him, imagining you lying there with him, in his arms. He curled under the blankets and closed his eyes as you began singing. You weren’t the best singer, but Yongguk loved to hear you sing for some reason, though, he loved everything you did, everything you were. Soon you heard his soft snores from the phone, chuckling softly as you pulled into your driveway.

“Goodnight, Bang Yongguk. I’ll see you soon, baby.”

“~Call Ended~”

“This sickness doesn’t need a diagnosis, just hug me. You are the reason I live right now, I need you.”

One week later and here you were, standing outside the airport by their company’s car, leaning against the trunk as you waited for them to get off the plane. You had wanted to go inside, to greet him as soon as he stepped off the plane, but their manager advised against it, saying that with all the fans that were going to be greeting them, it would be dangerous. So, you agreed to meet him at the car that was parked in a place fans couldn’t go, because Yongguk refused to see you any later than that. You looked at the watch on your hand, your stomach starting to fill with butterflies at the thought of seeing him again. Ten more minutes until you were going to see his face again.

He felt himself grow snappy as they delayed getting off the plane, delaying him from seeing the love of his life. He wanted to just hop of this plane and run to you, wrap you in his arms and kiss you until he forgot where he ended and you began. He just wanted you near. He sighed in relief as they were led off the plane and through the crowd, forcing himself to smile and remain patient while his mind kept wandering to you, waiting for you at the end on this line. As soon as they were past their fans he took off running, ignoring the boy’s comments behind him as he weaved through the barriers and took off sprinting to the car, his jacket flowing behind him. He saw you and felt his breath leave his chest, the sight of you pushing him to run faster. You were so beautiful, more beautiful than he remembered. He reached you and wrapped his arms around your waist, picking you up and spinning you around as you wrapped your legs around and wrapped your arms around his neck. He looked up at you, smiling before bringing you lower and pressing his lips to yours, kissing you deeply and pushing you against the car, allowing his hands to travel, cradling your face between his palms. The kiss lasted another minute before he pulled back, resting his forehead against yours, breathing shakily.

"I love you. I love you so much," he kept chanting quietly, as if you were going to disappear from his sight as soon as he stopped.

"I love you too, Gukkie," you replied, nuzzling your nose against his, "I love you, baby." You felt him bury his face against your neck and felt water hit your shoulder, "Baby? What’s wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong," he said quietly, his voice strained, "Everything is right. Just hug me, please?"

"Of course, Gukkie," you nodded, hugging him to your body tightly, "I won’t let go, baby."

"Never let go, _____," he pulled back to look at you, tears filling his eyes as he smiled weakly, "Never let go of me. Promise?"

"I promise, Yongguk. You’re mine forever."

"As you are mine, ______."