003

Cold Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I agreed to go on a date with Yixing, on the condition that I get to plan everything. He agreed easily, as I thought. I took him to a club, one that I used to frequent but soon got bored of. That doesn't mean that its regular or its staff has forgotten about me, though. In fact, as soon as I stepped in, several people had already said their hellos. 

By Yixing's fidgeting, I knew he was feeling uncomfortable, but he remained quiet. Knowing that he didnt like all the male attention I got, I hooked my arm with his, just to show to everyone that he was my date. I smiled at him, and he visiblly relaxed as he returned it with a timid one. I chose a little booth near the back, which was less crowded. Whenever Yixing and I tried to talk, we had to practically yell just to be heard, and I knew this was making him even more uncomfortable. 

I asked him to dance. He declined but urged me to go and enjoy myself. I didn't give him time to double guess his suggestion and I immediately shimmied to the dance floor. I don't know how long it took, or how many partners I've danced with. All I know is that I was tired, and ready to go as soon as I returned to Yixing. I suggested that we go take a walk, and his eyes immediately brightened. 

 

It was a chilly night as we walked along the streets of Seoul, streetfood serving as our dinner. Yixing noticed that I was practically shivering, wearing nothing but my short, black dress, and he immediately took off his jacket and put it atop my shoulders. I thanked him, and we continued walking. We would pass a few words back and forth, but our conversations were short and shallow. 

When we finaly got tired of aimlessly walking around, we settled on a an empty bench. It was quiet at first, but then Yixing started to talk. He shared stories about his childhood. How he grew up with his grandparents, and how much he admired them. He talked about his love for music, and how he wanted to pursue it as a career someday. It was getting too intimate for my liking, even if a a small part of me wanted to know more, and I cut him off. 

"How much do you like me?" I asked, and Yixing froze for a second before he turned to meet my gaze. 

"A lot." He answered seriously. 

"Prove it."

Yixing unconciously straightened up, preparing to meet the challenge. "How?" 

"Kiss me."

I watched as shock registered on his face, before a look of determination replaced it. "No." And it was my turn to be surprised.

"Why not?" I demanded. 

I could see that he was getting angry, but he was trying to control it. "If we kiss, I want to do it because of love, not as some kind of test." He snapped. 

And for the second time that night, he surprised me. So there was more to Yixing than I thought. At his statement, I started to laugh. I laughed so hard that I probaby looked like a lunatic, but it wasn't a happy laugh. It was bitter and cold. It was taunting. Yixing looked away, but not before I caught the sadness reflected in his eyes. 

He stood up, and gave me his hand to hold, "I'll take you home." He said quietly. 

I snorted, and pushed his hand away. "I can go home by myself. Thank you very much." I took off his jacket and threw it at him. "Thanks for the jacket." I told him with a smile before sauntering away. 

I looked back once to see if he was watching as I expected. He wasn't. He was already walking towards the opposite direction, his jacket now slung over his shoulders, his head down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter