001

Cold Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stumbled into my house, as I reached up for the light switch that was beside the door. Maybe it was because I was feeling extremely lightheaded, but I couldn't find the damn switch.

I was halfway through a curse word, when I remembered that I had a flashlight app on my phone. I laughed at my stupidity, kicked the door shut behind me, and fumbled with my phone; but that too proved to be a daunting task in my current state. Giving up almost immediately, I felt my way across the room. Living here since I was born, I knew every crook and cranny of the house, and soon enough I found what I was looking for. 

I threw off my shoes and flopped on the couch, and closed my eyes. 

 

I jerked awake as I felt the frantic vibration of my phone on my hand. It pissed me off, and I grabbed it rather ferociously. 

"What?" I growled. 

"Where are you?!" came my bestfriend, Anna's voice, over the phone. "You missed first period! Again!" Her words were a mix of Korean and English. She's been my bestfriend for so long, that I can basically speak conversational English now. 

I yawned and checked the time before answering, "Should I... or should I not go?"

"Ya! Jung Gayoung!" Hearing Anna utter those words, one would think she was Korean-born and bred. Well, that wasn't the case. She's actually half Korean, half Canadian. Her brown hair and big, light brown eyes gave her a look that was more caucasian than Asian. She claimed she was Korean by heart though and knew that Korea was where she was meant to be, even if she had just transferred in middle school. She speaks Korean fluenty now too, although she still gets an English accent from time to time especially when gets  excited. 

I sighed, fighting a smile, "Alright. Alright."

"Good!" She was back to her usual, sunny self "Be sure to be here by 2nd period!" 

 

I didn't make it by 2nd period. My world was still slightly shaking when I had woken up and decided to rest for awhile. It wasn't my fault my bed was so comfortable that I fell asleep again. I did make it by lunch, though and Anna was practically fuming as I made my way towards our lunch table, my hands in my pockets. I gave her my most winning smile. She rolled her eyes.

"So, what did I miss?" I swung my legs over the seat and plopped down,  

Anna got out her notebook where she compiled all assigned homework for that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter