004 FINALE

Cold Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OFFICIAL SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdBym7kv2IM


As soon as lunch break rolled in, I sought out Yixing. No use in trying to drag out this whole thing. The sooner I tell him my answer, the better. 

As soon as we sat down, I started to talk, "You're a good guy, Yixing." I was never known to be the patient type. 

"Is this the part where you tell me that you only see me as a friend?" Yixing joked, and I relaxed. I was worried for nothing. He already knew. 

Despite the supposedly heaviness of the atmosphere, I laughed. "Our brains have been brainwashed with dramas and books."

"On that one, I agree." He teased, and I hit him slighly. 

"Will you let me finish?!"

He nodded and gestured that I should go on. 

I took a deep breath and I turned serious once more. "You're a good guy, Yixing. And I know,I know I've already said that, but I just wanted to say again. You're good, so good." I bit my lip, feeling uneasy "In fact, as much as I don't want to admit it, you're too good......for me." I glanced at him. He looked somber but calm, as usual. 

I continued, "If it isnt obvious enough, then let me say it out loud: I'm a mess, Yixing. I go out partying every night, I go to school hungover, I'm sarcastic, rude, and most of the time, I have absolutely no regard for anyone's feelings. I'm not a bad person, but I'm not a good one, either. But you know what the worst part is? I don't even feel bad about it. It's just...this is me, this is who I am." I shrugged, "I know that you sincerely like me, but we both know that you actually like the person that I could be, not the person that I am right now. Could you deny that?" 

Yixing stayed silent and I knew he realized that I was right. I leaned over and took his hand, and he finally turned to look at me. "And that only says so much about how good you truly are. I could be idealistic and just say, yes but the world doesn't work that way. I just can't change because you want me too. Do you understand?"

"I do." His gaze never wavered. and it made me realize that despite the gentleness, Yixing was one of the strongest persons I've met. 

I smiled sadly, "Can you do me a favor? Just one last favor." He nodded, "Can you kiss me?" And before he could answer, I touched his lips with mine. He kissed me back. It was soft, gentle, sweet... It was just like how I imagined it to be. 

I inititaed the kiss, so I stopped it too. His hands cradled my head as our foreheads leaned against each other, our breathings almost in sync. 

Quietly, I said, "Thank you, Yixing. For liking me, for believing that I was a better person than I actually am." Giving him one last peck, I stood up and walked away for the final time. 

 

10 years later.. 

 I was busy mulling over what kind o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter