Chapter Forty-Three

My Ex-Boyfriend, Oh Sehun

Chapter Forty-Three


Your POV
"And this is...?" My grandma stood at the doorway with wide eyes as she held onto her basket of greens. I assumed she must have came back from picking vegetables she had grown in her backyard. She was surprised but she smiled a little seeing Sehun standing timidly behind me. I chuckled a laughter before walking closer to her. I gave her a light hug since I was drenched and pulled away. 

"It's been a long time, I've missed you so much grandma," I carressed her face with my hands. She nodded and looked at Sehun again, waiting for me to give a reply to her question.

"Ah and this is my friend. Erm...he somehow ended up here." I laughed awkwardly and I could already feel Sehun glaring at me from the back because I labelled him as a friend.

"But he'll leave soon!" I quickly added as I pulled his arm over.

"Right, Sehun?" I sent him a signal with my eyes.

Sehun avoided my eyes and quickly bowed with respect. "Hello, I'm Sehun. I'm sorry grandma, I think Su mi is still mad at me for some reason because we had a fight just recently," My eyes grew wide when he mentioned that as my hold on him tightened. 

"But why are the two of you wet? You don't have an umbrella?" My grandma eyed me with a glare. I knew she hated it when I get cuahgt under the rain becasue she would be worried. I nodded my head even though I had an umbrella. Well, I couldn't tell her we were too engrossed in our conversation to have the time to take out an umbrella.

She gently grabbed hold on Sehun's hands as she brought him into her house.

"Come in, I have snacks for you to eat," Grandma offerred instantly while laughing. Sehun grinned and made a v-shape with his hands when he got pulled in. 

"Grandma!" I whined as I stomped my feet and followed them in.


"Where's grandpa?" I asked her as I put down my luggage in my room. I could hear my grandma ignoring me and explaining to Sehun in the living room about the food she could make. I chuckled as I took a good look around my room. It was the room I stayed in since childhood and it had remained the same way as I left it. I smiled as I touched the table.

There wasn't even much dust and I figured grandma must have cleaned it often.

I quickly left the room and I saw grandma laughing with Sehun as they sat on the floor. Sehun was smiling and nodding while biting onto a cookie. He looked up and our eyes met, causing him to wink at me. I rolled my eyes and ran forward to gave my grandma a big warm hug. I nuzzled my face into her clothes.

"What's wrong my dear?" she asked out of concern but I just hugged her tighter. 

"Nothing, I just missed you so much grandma." I said as I took in a deep breath, inhaling her scent which I loved. 

Grandma laughed as she patted my back. Sehun's lips stretched to a small smile from looking at us.

"Where's my hug?" 

I instantly pulled away as I glared at him when he said that. He quickly looked away from me and hummed as he chewed on his cookie. Grandma must have heard it because she laughed.

"Su Mi ah, he's your boyfriend isn't he?" she asked me teasingly.

"That's right grandma," Sehun qucikly answered before I could say anything. "I'm sorry I couldn't introduce myself earlier. I'm Su Mi's boyfriend, Oh Sehun." he bowed his head again and smiled. My grandma seemed to be fond of him as she ruffled his hair. My heart grew warm at the sight.

"I don't know what he did to have made you angry but he seemed to really like you ..." My grandma whispered to me but Sehun seemed to be able to hear because he was smiling from ear to ear.

"I can see it in his eyes," My grandma added before she stood up and took the basket with her.

"If you'll excuse me, I have things to do so make yourself at home. Grandpa will be back before dawn," My grandma said before she quickly left the two of us in the living room and head to the kitchen.

But the moment grandma left, the room turned silent for a few minutes. There were so many words I wanted to say and ask him. How he had been the time I was away? What happened when I was away? How did he know I was here? How did he find me? What's going to happen now? There were too many things I wanted to tell him as well that nothing could seem to come out from my mouth. I fiddled with my hands as I sat next to him. But at the same time, I was relieved that he was beside me and that was all that matters. My thoughts instantly evaporated when I felt warmness enveloped my hands. Sehun placed his hand over mine and gripped onto it gently.

I looked at him and tears seemed to have welled up in my eyes. Sehun saw and pulled me into a hug as he rubbed my back gently.

"It will be fine Su Mi," I could feel his breath near my ear.

"Everything will be fine, I promise." 

I pulled away as I looked at him.

"What happened? How did you get here? What about work?" I bombarded him with questions. He chuckled watching me worry about him.

"I'm not sure but I think the members will cover up for me somehow," 

"Sehun..." I was already worried about how the staff and managers will be searching for him somehow. If they found out that he's here with me...I shut my eyes tight just thinking about the consequences.

"Sehun," I breathed out again. "You know that-"

"Su Mi," My grandma suddenly called out and interrupted our conversation as she walked over to the living room while dragging something heavy. Sehun immediately stood up when he saw and went over to help her.

"What is it grandma?" I asked as my eyes darted from the heavy bag back to her. 

"Can you and this young man help me with this?" she asked. 


Somehow we ended up in the small and squeezy room for the fireplace. My grandma sent us over to help place more logs into the fireplace to stimulate the fire because the temperature was falling.

"Are you cold?" Sehun asked me as he saw me shivering. Both of us were crouching in front of the fireplace with little space between us since the room was relatively small. 

"It's alright," I said as I held out my palms to face the fire while Sehun use the tongs to put in more logs one at a time. I breathed out warm air into my hands and rubbed them.

"Just now...you were saying?" Sehun suddenly asked again.

"Huh?" I got confused at the moment before I quickly recalled that I was going to say something.

"Ah...right," I sighed suddenly just recalling what I wanted to say to him.

"Sehun, you should go now." I told him with a serious tone as I looked at him. My hands reached over to take the tongs out of his hands. "You shouldn't be here right now..." 

"If they find out you're here, your career-Everything's going to be ruined. Because of me," I told him as he looked at me with unreadable eyes. He continued to stare at me with no words and I avoided his eyes. I pretended to focus on doing my job as I placed another log into the fireplace, watching the fire burn.

"Please leave, The managers and staff- I'm sure they are all in pandemonium just looking for you."

"Your members. They need you as well," I told him before gathering abit of courage to look at him in the eyes because I knew that he was staring hard at me.

 

"What about you?"

His question caught me off-guard because he wasn't understanding me. Words got caught in my throat as my mouth hang open.

"Don't you need me as well?" He asked seriously but at the same time, I could see the fire reflected in his eyes.

"I-" I couldn't seemed to speak because I didn't know what to say. The tears were already forming in my eyes but I just wanted him to leave. I didn't want his career to be affected just because of me and he was too stubborn to get it.

"You don't understand Sehun, your members needs you more than I need you!" I raised my voice as the tears streamed down my face. Sehun stared hard at me and i could see the expression on his face hardening when he saw my tears. The room turned silent again as the both of us knew very well how this was going to turn into an argument all over again. I swallowed as I looked away.

"Why?" Sehun's voice was trembling again.

"Why are you being like this again? Do you know how I felt when you were gone? You didn't even care about how I would feel, did you?" Sehun began to raise his voice as he, himself had tears in his eyes.

"You. You leaving me was worst choice you could take. I am never going to let you go and I am not going to leave you here alone." 

"Becuase I know how it felt like and I am never going to let you feel that way Su Mi." Sehun sighed as he quickly wiped his tears away and snatched back the tongs.

"Sehun, I'm doing this for you. I know how hard you worked for your career. I know it better than anyone else." I bit my lips as I gripped his hands. "Please, listen to me for once," 

"I don't care about my career!" He threw the tongs to the floor as I was already bawling in tears while crouching on the floor.

"I only care about you Su Mi! For s sake, If having my career means losing you, I don't ing want it!" he ran his fingers through his hair. He came over and gripped both my shoulders harshly. 

"So please for gods sake, stop teling me to leave you here. I'm never going to do that," He breathed in and out to calm himself down as I cried. 

"Did you forget our promise when we were in high school?" he asked me in a soft tone as his hands carressed my cheeks. 

"I will never stop liking you, Su Mi. You were the reason why I wanted to be an idol in the first place so why would you say that you are ruining my career? If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have started this in the first place..." He told me softly as he held onto my hands.

"Please...just don't tell me to leave. I can do everything else for you but I'll never leave you alone." he bent forward and planted a soft kiss on my forehead as I sniffled. 

My heart was pumping so fast because the feelings were so overwhelmed in me. His words had long melted my heart and all I could think of was him at the moment.

"I missed you..." I whispered barely so he could hear as he pulled away slightly to stare at my eyes. He smiled a little as he touched my face.

"So much," I said as I smiled back at him. His nose was touching mine as he the close proximity vetween us sent sparks flying in the room. 

"You have no idea how much I feel the same way,"

He chuckled before he closed the gap between us. I closed my eyes the same time he inched forward to meet my lips as I hooked my arms around his neck to bring him closer. It was soft and simple at first but it quickly turned rush and complicated as the both of us were obviously drowned in our cravings for each other. Sehun pushed closer to me as he claimed my lips slightly harsher. He my lips and pushed his head towards me. 

He gently guided me to lay down with his hands as he kept pushing my head forward. I gasped for air as I laid on the floor with my hands around his neck as he hovered above me. He breathed hard as he pulled away and stared at me for a second. He laughed for a second before he quickly ducked down to kiss me again. I complied because he felt so good at the moment and it had been so long since I last touched him. I think my hormones were in a mess because his touches sent me to heaven. 

Our tongues touched when he smooched me and I moaned a little. Sehun moved on to planting kisses on my jaw and neck as I hooked my legs around his waist to feel him closer to me.

"Sehun-" I could barely say as I tangled my hands in his hair. Sehun hummed as a reply while he continued with what he was doing. 

"We need to sto-" I accidentally let a moan slip out of my mouth when he bit into my neck. He the area and his hands travelled down to grab hold of my thighs. He pulled my legs down from hooking around his waist, making me open my eyes. He was still hovering above me but when our eyes met. He smirked as he ducked down to my ear. 

"I believe you wouldn't want your grandma to hear strange sounds coming from the room would you?" he whispered with his husky voice, sending chills down my spine. I snapped out of my thoughts instantly as I pushed him away and sat up in a hurry.

I quickly adjusted my clothes but when my eyes captured the swollen pink lips of Sehun's I blanked out again. His laughter made me snap out of my needs again as I cleared my throat.

"And you said you didn't need me," Sehun chuckled as his hand came over to smoothe out my messy hair.


All of us were seated on the ground of the tiny living room just as the sun set. Even though it was early for dinner, my grandma had already prepared the dishes and we were already digging in. This is the normal lifestyle in a countryside. I was pretty relieved to see Sehun eating well as he would often smile back at my grandma and stopped chewing to praise her food.

“Eat up,” my grandma said as she placed a slice of beef on my rice. I gave her an eye smile as I placed another one back on her bowl of rice. Just then, the bell rang, signalling that my grandpa was home. 

My grandma’s face beamed in delight as she quickly stood up and walked to the door. Grandpa was pretty surprised to see another young man in the living room which he wasn’t expecting. He smiled at me but when his eyes landed on Sehun, his lips formed a straight line. I caught Sehun gulped as he bowed, causing me to chuckle. Grandma just told grandpa to have a seat and she prepared his bowl of rice.

We were eating silently only with the television’s sound and chewing sounds which could be heard. I could feel grandpa staring hard at Sehun who didn’t have the courage to look up to meet his eyes. I laughed as I placed a piece of meat on my grandpa’s bowl of rice. He instantly showed me a small smile before he continued to look at Sehun.

“So...who’s this young man we have here?” he cleared his throat. Sehun instantly shot up as his eyes were wavering.

“I’m Sehun!” he instantly answered, causing both grandma and I to stifle a laughter.

Grandpa cleared his throat again as his eyes darted from him to me and back to him.

“He’s your boyfriend?” he asked. This time, Sehun didn’t speak like he did to grandma and I could see he was intimidated and ready for a scolding. I thought for a moment before I looked at grandpa and nodded firmly.

“Yes, he’s my boyfriend.” 

I could feel Sehun’s eyes on me from the side but I didn’t look at him since I was aware that I’ll blush.

“For how long?” grandpa continued to interrogate while grandma just sat at the side giving me an encouraging smile. 

“I’ve known him since high school,” I told him with a smile, choosing to not mention that we actually dated in high school. “That’s a long time. Were the both of you friends?” 

“We-“

“We dated in high school,” Sehun cut me off suddenly, spilling the truth which I wanted to conceal. The atmosphere was tensed all of a sudden as I shut my eyes tight and curled my fist. Sehun that idiot.

“So...” My grandpa broke the silence as he raised a brow. “The both of you have been dating since high school?”

“No. We broke up in high school and met again this year,” Sehun answered truthfully. I heard grandma gasped at his words as my grandpa sighed and shook his head as if disapprovingly. We are dead.

“So min, he’s your ex?” my grandma asked, stepping on thin ice.

“Yeah...” I sighed, running my hands through my hair. Grandpa raised a brow at Sehun’s sudden courage and confession but he cleared his throat again, as if irritated that Sehun was answering instead of me.

“Is that true, Su mi?” he directed the question at me, making Sehun cowered timidly when he heard that.

“Yeah...” I told him firmly.

“Why did the both of you break up back then?” my grandpa asked seriously this time, making me gulped nervously.

“About that-“

“I made a mistake” Sehun cut me off once again and confessed. Grandpa kept his stern expression as he didn't show a single hint of smiling. My eyes travelled from Sehun and back to grandpa timidly.

"There were some misunderstandings at that time, grandpa. We have resolved them and we are good now," I quickly told grandpa before he could probe further. Sehun was going to say something else but he closed his mouth after I just ended the story quickly. 

"You," Grandpa suddenly pointed to Sehun with his chopsticks and Sehun instantly shot up at the mention of him. He sat up properly and nodded his head.

"Yes sir-" Sehun suddenly shut his mouth as he knocked his head with his hand for calling my grandpa sir. I chuckled silently at the side. 

"What do you like about our Su mi?" my grandpa suddenly asked.

"Grandpa-" I whined at his question and grandma laughed and gave grandpa a pat on his shoulders. 

 

"Everything sir. From her personality down to her heart. Absolutely everything. And because I lost her once in my early years, I can understand my feelings for her more than anyone else in the world and I promise you I will never lose her again in my life. I don't like her, I love her sir." Sehun continued addressing my grandpa formally which made his speech sound funny at the same time even though he was absolutely serious.

I could see that my grandparents had the same thoughts because I could finally see my grandpa stifling a laughter hearing Sehun looking scared and was absolutely serious but still calling him sir. When my grandpa finally couldn't hold his laughter anymore and laughed, Sehun looked up confused. I followed along and ended up chuckling with my grandma and the once icy atmosphere had melted down. 

Just then, both Sehun and I were distracted by the television because it was airing a press conference that EXO attended. I gulped when I saw that all of the members were there except Sehun. Sehun seemed to realise as well since the both of us were staring intently at the television. I gradually stopped eating and placed my chopsticks down as I watched the other members.

They were smiling and doing fine until the host asked then where Sehun was. Suho grabbed hold of the mic and said that he wasn't feeling well and is currently taking a good rest at home.

I looked at Sehun and could see worry in his eyes because s were helping him yet he wasn't there with them. My hands travelled to grab hold of his as I gave his hand a light squeeze. He looked at me and smiled a little as I mouthed to him 'it's alright'.

After dinner, Sehun and I washed the dishes together before we came out of the kitchen to the living room to see my grandparents sitting on the wooden floor while watching the night sky. My grandma was shivering because it was cold and my grandpa seemed to have caught it because he silently moved the heater to face my grandma instead of the both of them.

I felt a pair of arms s around my waist at that moment and before I could turn my head, I felt Sehun resting his chin on my shoulder as he tightened his hold on me.

"You have cute grandparents," he spoke, sending a shiver down my spine because I could feel his breath. 


"Yeah....My grandpa, he doesn't talk much usually and always scolds my grandma but deep down in his heart, he loves her truly and deeply," I said in awe as I watched the back of my grandparents while leaning back on Sehun. 

"I can see that," Sehun whispered to my ear again and I got tickled by his breath due to our close proximity. I was pulling his arms to remove them because it was ticklish but he tightened his hold even more.

"Hey, you're tickling me,"

"Don't leave me," He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and hair as his voice came out muffled. One of my hands travelled to ruffle his hair as my other hand lightly held onto his arm.

"I won't" I assured him firmly.

With that, he instantly shot his head up as he looked at me. I turned to the side as I smiled at him. His widened eyes caused me to laugh slightly.

"Really? Promise?" He suddenly held up his pinkie like a child. I laughed again before I linked my pinkie with his. 

Sehun quickly ducked down to place a wet kiss on my cheek before he let go of his arms and ran away. "Hey you-" 

"Su mi, get the blankets for Sehun. He can sleep in the guest room," My grandparents seemed to have been distracted by us because they had already stood up and my grandma was walkng towards me. My grandma went into her room and came out with some of my grandpa's clothes, pillow and blankets. My eyes widened when she passed those items to me. I looked at Sehun as I frowned.

"Er-Grandma, I don't think Sehun's staying over here. He'll take the train back tonight-"

"What train? The last train has already left. This is the countryside Su mi, buses and train stop earlier. Just let the young man stay here, he looks tired as well." My grandma insisted and Sehun instantly ran over and hooked arms with her as he nodded at her words cheekily. I rolled my eyes.

I reluctantly dragged my feet to the guest room and showed Sehun the room he'll be sleeping in. I quickly close the door to make sure my grandparents can't hear us as I pulled Sehun in the room.

"You're staying here for the night? Don't you need to get back to your members?" I asked him again, worried.

"Look, like I said, I'm not leaving you here. I'll stay for the night. It's gonna be alright. I'll leave early in the morning tomorrow. Besides, there's no train like your grandma just said," he explained before I just nodded because I didn't want to fight with him about this again. Sehun walked and picked up the clothes that I put on the table before he raised a brow at them.

"What?" I asked innocently, trying not to laugh. It was a huge pair of countryside pants with flower patterns. 

"That'll do I guess," he sighed before he was going to walk to the bathroom when he suddenly stopped and turned to me.

"Wanna sneak in to the bathroom with me?" he smirked. I threw a pillow at his face.


I was asleep in my bed when I was woken up by a few creaks. I ignored it and turned around in my bed, hugging my bolster before I felt a pair of arms circling my waist. I jumped slightly but quickly calmed down when I heard Sehun's voice.

"Shhhhh" he placed a finger on my lips when I turned to look at him. I gave him a slap on his chest as I glared at him.

"Why are you here? What time is it?" I asked and rubbed my eyes. He smiled a little before hugging me again.

"I missed you, it's 3am" he gently carressed the back of my hair. 

"I'm tired Sehun, go to sleep." I simply said before I yawned again.

"I can't sleep because you're not there," he tightened his hug, making it hard for me to breathe. I pushed him back slightly and he pulled away, but still holding me. I could feel our noses touched but my eyes were closed because I was too exhausted to open them. 

"I miss you too..." I weakly muttered, slowly drifting into dreamland again. I felt something warm on my lips at that moment, making me squint my eyes open slightly as I saw Sehun kissing me. I puckered my lips slightly and Sehun kissed me again more passionately and before I knew it, I jolted up awake.

Was it a dream? I looked around my room and saw that it was the morning and the sun rays haeady entered my room, light filling up the whole room. Maybe it was a dream. Damn, what was I thinking? I scolded myself for having this dream before I rubbed my eyes and sat up from my bed. I walked out of the room just to see my grandma already eating breakfast in the kitchen.

"Su mi, where's the young man? He wasn't in the guest room when I woke up," my grandma asked. My eyes rounded as I quickly darted off to the guest room. She was right, the room was packed neatly with no signs of anyone staying there. 

Sehun left. 


[A/U]: I editted this chapter so yeah it's different than before.