Chapter Twenty-Five

My Ex-Boyfriend, Oh Sehun

Chapter Twenty-Five


Your POV

Sehun was crying. From the whole time when we were in a relationship in high school, he didn't shed a single tear before. I always thought that it was because he didn't get emotional easily. Or so I thought. But now, here I was standing in utter astonishment in front of him. He was staring back intensely at me while breathing out. It was cold so the mist from his breath could be clearly seen. His face was slightly crimson from the strong wind and stiff. He breathed out after hearing my words as tears streamed down his face. Before I could do something, it was as if he had a challenge trying to get oxygen. He sniffled as he gasped for air, his tears uncontrollably leaving trails on his cheeks.

I instantly went forward as I held onto his arms while he leaned on me for support. He whimpered as he blinked his tears away and cried. And then, I realized the amount of stress and pain he actually felt and kept to himself. It was undescribable and I couldn't believe none of us noticed the pain he was feeling. I muttered some comforting words as I hesitated before inserting my hands between his arms and wrapping them around him. I pulled him closer hoping he wouldn't push me away. He needed comfort.

Thankfully, he was too occupied with crying as he didn't seem to notice that his body was so close to mine. My cheeks were placed gently on his chest due to my height and I could hear his heart beating rapidly. His crying seemed to be a torture since I could hear him and he sounded so anguish. I slightly patted his back before I froze on spot when his chin rested near my neck. He weeped and wet my shirt while I remained frozen for him.

"It's alright. Everything's fine," I said. He tried to respond but his coughing and sniffing couldn't allow me to interpret what he was trying to say. "I'm not alright," he bleated after calming down slightly. I tried to pull away from him so I could face him. I held onto his shoulder and looked at him. His nose was slightly red like a reindeer from all the bawling but I could see he was trying his best to calm down. "You are―"

"I'm not," he coughed out. "I was the one who ruined everything, I made the mistake and caused trouble―"

"It's okay, Sehun. It's okay for humans to make mistakes." I insisted but he seemed to be more stubborn. "No it's not! Not in this case! I've ruined everything for my members! I don't even know how to face them―I-I ed up and screwed everything..." he blabbered like there's no tomorrow, showing me how vulnerable he actually was and the scars in his heart that I had never paid attention to. "It's alright. Everything was settled. You didn't ruin anything, Sehun."

"I-I can't do this anymore. I don't know what to do anymore..." his voice faded away as he looked away from me. I frowned before reaching to tilt his chin so that I could see him. I almost felt my heart shattered when I came face to face with him. His eyes were teary again and his hair was all tousled because of the wind. "Listen to me, you're precious to all of your members and you can do this, Sehun. I trust you. They trust you as well." He blinked at me and his stare caused me to be at a loss for words for a second before I cleared my throat. "I can't...I-I―Those moments that I dropped my mic, they get to me. I can't stop thinking about it!" he raised his voice slightly desperately as he looked at me hopelessly. "I feel so sorry to my members, I can't―-"

"Shhhhhhhh," I shushed him and pulled him closer for another hug as I patted his head. "It's alright, It really is alright." I added while patting his head. Feeling my shoulders sink from his weigh, I knew he was crying again. I bit my lips knowing how frightening it was for all of us to not be aware of this side of Sehun. I hummed and said more comforting words as he buried his face on my shoulder. Even though it was quite tiring for his tall figure, he didn't speak for the next few minutes. Somehow, I was afraid to pull him away now. I was worried that he might just break down again.

Just like a miracle, he fell asleep just leaning on me. I slightly chuckled figuring out how tired he must have been from practicing all day without having enough sleep. I tried to support him to the room as one of his arms was over my neck. He was slightly more conscious as he held onto me while we made our way to the room. After entering the room quietly, I dropped him on his bed and he fell asleep like a child. I tucked him in his blankets before letting out a sigh. It was distressing to see someone who used to be so strong breaking down like this.


"Morning, Su Mi." Baekhyun yawned while greeting me as he walked into the kitchen. He was wearing his pyjamas that consisted of checkered collared shirt and loose pants. His eyes crinkled as he yawned and he reached to pull out a seat for himself. He stretched out his arms while I looked at him, a smile lingering on my face. "What is it?" he asked. "Nothing much, just wondering why you'll be up so early," I shrugged while wiping the plate with a cloth before setting it on the diningtable.

"Can't you see the dark circles on my face?" he asked, surprised while pointing to them. "That bastard, Chanyeol was so noisy snoring yesterday night I couldn't sleep. It sounded like some sort of engine." he rolled his eyes while grumbling as I chortled. Just on time, Chanyeol appeared from behind and showed a finger on his lips. I refrained myself from smiling as Chanyeol walked closer to behind Baekhyun who was rambling on about his snores.

"Oh my god! What the hell Chanyeol?" he choked as Chanyeol hooked his arm over Baekhyun's neck to suffocate him.

Baekhyun hit his arms for him to let go as I laughed at the sight. "Who said my snores sounded like engines?" Chanyeol added with a truimphant grin, releasing Baekhyun. Coughing, Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol before focusing his attention back on me. "What time are we supposed to leave though?" he reminded me. I pulled out my wrist to check the time, just to be startled by it.

"Oh my god, you guys need to hurry. We don't have much time left," I told them before they left to their rooms to prepare themselves as well. I the stove and made some toasts and fried eggs, placing them on the table satisfied. Having done with breakfast, I brisk-walked to my room and opened the door. I was going to tell themto hurry but all I could see was Sehun who was looking at his phone on bed. He seemed to be ready since he was dressed up and he looked up upon hearing the door opened. I stayed motionless for a second before secretly monitoring his face. He seemed fine.

"Are you alright now?" I asked awkwardly while he didn't reply and looked at me.

"I guess...thanks to someone." he muttered. I knew that someone was refferring to me but decided not to say anything about it. Besides, he was indirectly thanking me and it was something I should be happy about.

"O-okay then, come out for breakfast." I quickly said before leaving the room. I bumped onto Luhan who just finished showering but he held onto me from falling. "What's wrong?" he asked while he frowned. He moved closer to look at me but Sehun came out from the room. Luhan was distracted for a moment before he smiled at Sehun.

"Morning, Hunnie" he waved but I bit my lips, not wanting to turn around. "Morning..." Sehun responded before brushing past us to go to the kitchen. "I wonder what's bugging him..." Luhan said but looked back at me with a raised brow. "And you haven't answered my question." he gave an unsatisfied look and folded his arms. "Nothing's wrong. You should hurry up because we don't have much time." I stuttered slightly. Luhan didn't believe it as he made a grimace at my reply before trotting to the room. 

After quite a while, we finally managed to leave the dorm. It took forever to get everybody out at the same time. I almost blew up when Chanyeol said he forgot about his sunglasses in his room and bolted back into the dorm to get it. And that was after Lay and Chen who already claimed they have forgotten about some things and went back to get it. Chen threw me an apologetic look which I returned with a fake smile before I lose my patience. After Chanyeol staggered out of the front door while struggling with his shoes, I locked the door and made sure that everyone was out. I did a bried attendance taking before leading them to the van that would bring us to the airport.

We were heading to the airport for our flight to China which I booked a few weeks ago. We had a variety show shooting scheduled and I felt quite edgy to know that they will be attending a variety show for the first time in Chinese. Knowing that most of the members are korean, they willl have trouble understanding it and the company has hired some translator for them. I felt my heart leapt from my ribcage when I heard piercing screams from somewhere afar. The other members seemed to heard it as well while they looked out of the window to find the source of the noises.

I was more than dumbfounded to see a swarm of fangirls waiting outside of the entrance of the airport. No, there was not a swarm. There were hundreds-thousands of them! Some were holding banners with their names while some wore clothes that had their logos and faces. Like some sort of magic, they screamed when they spotted our van that was slowly arriving to the destination. I had no idea how they even know about which van the members were taking but it sort of scared me.

"Oh My God.." Baekhyun gasped as he moved closer to the window to make sure he wasn't seeing things. The rest of the members were at a loss for words as well, seeing the number of fangirls crowding the entrance. When the van came to a halt, some had already sprinted forward and were smacking the windows with their palms. A number of security guards came as well to us. They warned for the fangirls to give some space. I mentally gave myself some encouragement before opening the door. I stepped out of the car and moved to the side to make ways for the Exo-K members. 

One by one, they came out from the van and the deafening screams grew even louder if it was possible. Since there were too many people and it was overcrowded, the guards tried their best to quickly get them into the airport. They stood beside each member and led them through the fangirls. I was left behind since the members' priority comes first and they needed to get in real quick. It was harsh as I got pushed around by the fangirls like some toy. They were tougher than I had thought and my shouders ached from their bumping but they didn't seemed to be affected by it.

Their screams were causing my ears to bleed as well while I tried to use my hands to cover my ears. Not from afar, I spotted Kris' head as well as Tao's, making me understand fairly well that the Exo-M members have gotten out of their van as well and are heading into the airport. Just right after I felt relieved, I got shoved to the side by a huge amount of force and before I knew it, I was on the ground. 

I groaned and whimpered slightly when I lifted my hand and found a scratch on my palm. It was bleeding slightly and I bit my lips. I tried to stand up again just to be pushed down by the legs that were surrounding me. The fangirls didn't even realize my presence and I blew air into my bangs out of annoyance. By the time I was finally able to stand up, my mouth fell open when I realized they were no longer in sight. I quickly scanned around the fangirls but couldn't seemed to spot them. 

Having figured out they may have entered the airport already, I tried to push through the fangirls outside of the airport and made my way in. To my disappointment, there were even more of them inside. But, I still couldn't recognize any of the members and my heart started to thump in a fast speed. I quickly looked at my watch for the time and it was nearing the time for check in for the flight. 

I grew even more worred when that wasn't the most important thing. I was lost.