Secrets

Wait For Me

**Jang Mi’s POV***

 

After two weeks visiting my aunt in Japan, I wanted nothing more than to see him. I always wanted to see him. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to be near him. Jonghyun had been my first friend – the one I trusted most and the one I loved to most. He had helped me get up on my feet when I had fallen down. Every. Single. Time.

As I approached the school gates I saw my friend, So Yun, walking up ahead of me – I hurried past the group of seniors between us and called her name.

“SO YUN!” She cocked her head to the side before turning around to meet my gaze.

“Jang Mi?” Her face broke out into a smile as she pulled me into her embrace. “How was Japan? Did you meet anyone? Is your family still well?” I just nodded and smiled along with her as we walked up the stairs into our form room. She didn’t know how much I cared for Jonghyun; only I did – it was my secret. She would always obsess over boys and was constantly wondering why I never dated anyone – I often considered telling her my secret but every time I would just push the thoughts away and continue with my life.

The day went past in a blur – I lost myself in my thoughts as the classes went past one by one. Wondering how Jonghyun was. I would usually see him at least once when walking to school because he lived in the neighbouring estate or in the school corridors where he hung out with his other four best friends but he hadn’t been there and his absence had definitely not gone unnoticed by me.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the school day and I grabbed my bag, running out of the classroom. I was determined to find Jonghyun before I got home. On my way, I passed the dance studio and caught sight of Taemin, one of Jonghyun’s best friends, practicing. I shyly knocked on the door and he stopped dancing to look in my direction and I pushed the door open.

“Oh hey! Jang Mi, right ?” He asked, tired from dancing but keeping a smile on his face. I nodded and returned the smile.

“Have you seen Jonghyun by any chance?” I asked. The smile on his face faltered a little – I knew something was going on. “He wasn’t in school today …” I continued.

“Didn’t he tell you ?!” Taemin exclaimed and I threw him a puzzled expression, “He isn’t coming back to school … I think you’d better go and speak to him …”

I thanked him and bid him goodbye before walking out of the studio. Something must be going on. What isn’t he telling me? I thought we were close ! I couldn’t understand why he would just drop out of school like that so I decided to go straight to his home.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

When I reached his house, his mother was on the front lawn – tending to the flower bed that always looked beautiful whenever I visited. She noticed my presence “Jang Mi ! How was Japan ?” she asked kindly.

“It was lovely Mrs. Kim – thank you for asking” I replied smiling at her.

“Are your parents well?” She seemed very hesitant when speaking – I wondered whether this had to do with why Jonghyun wasn’t attending school.

“They have been asking to see you recently. Maybe you could come to ours soon.”

“That would be wonderful my dear.” She glanced at the ground and paused before continuing “I guess you want to speak to Jonghyun …” I nodded. “You can go in and find him yourself – he should be on the second floor”

“Thank you Mrs Kim” I bowed and stepped into the house. Her face was regretful and I once again found myself wondering what could have possibly happened. Our families were always close and since my parents were busy working, she had always been like a mother to me – cooking me meals, taking me out and simply being there when my parents couldn’t be. I was very thankful for her and Jonghyun always being by my side.

As I reached the second floor, I saw Jonghyun’s bedroom door half open and knew he was inside because of the music player that never seemed to be silent as long as he was in the room. I gingerly approached the door, expecting to find him looking sick and lying in bed.

But no … instead I found him sat on his bed – perfectly healthy – an open suitcase by his side.

I looked up at him with wide eyes “are you leaving ?” I fought back the tears that suddenly stung my eyes.

He seemed slightly surprised by my sudden arrival but his eyes softened as they met my gaze. I could see his sad facial expression despite how hard he tried to hide it; I could always see straight through him or so I thought … until now.

“I’m sorry Mi ...” he whispered.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Hey Guys !! So this is the first chapter of my first fanfic ^^

tumblr_m4swrhP4xu1rs97fco1_500.gif

I hope you enjoyed it - just setting the story up !! I'm not too sure how long this will be I'm just writing it as I think of the storyline ~~ Please comment to let me know if you liked it or not !!

So now Jang Mi knows that Jonghyun is leaving - how will he explain to her what's happening and what will she do ??

tumblr_mw6snlFOGl1riirr8o1_500.gif

Please support this story ^^ Thank you ^^

**Gifs credit goes to owners**