chapter 5

Paparazzi

         

 

 

They were walking silently, Minho insisted on walking him as he always did and as close as they got to Taemin's house the faster his heart was beating.

"Taeyeon…" Minho said when they stopped at the door

Taemin faced him and leaned forward to tap his lips on the older with a soft kiss "thank you for a great night as always. I'm sorry for freaking out when you kissed me, I've been hurt before and…"

Minho cupped his cheeks and smiled at him but before he could say something Taemin kept talking "I'm confused too but my heart pounding so hard when I see you, I really like you… can we take things slow?" actually he wanted to take things as fast as he could, to push Minho into his house- to his room- to his bed, but couldn’t.

"Yes…" Minho said softly

"Would it be alright if I'll ask you to kiss me again?"

Big smile crossed his face and he leaned forward to press his lips on Taemin's, kissing him passionately, melting him as his tongue invaded his mouth. Taemin moaned and held Minho's sides gently, bringing him closer to his body.

He knew he shouldn’t have asked Minho to kiss him but he just couldn’t stop himself, he wanted to taste him again and weird as it might sound it felt like it was the only thing that was good in his life right now, the only thing that made him feel better even if it was just a big lie.

When their lips separated, Taemin smiled at Minho "can I see you tomorrow?"     

Minho frowned "I can't. I'll be out of town tomorrow"

Taemin's face changed in disappointment "oh..."

Minho smiled and put his finger under his chin, tapping a small kiss on his lips

"I have some family obligations" he said, worried that Taeyeon might feel rejected.

The word family lighted Taemin's eyes, maybe he'll get the chance he was waiting for? "I understand"

"But I'd love to talk to you when I'm on the roads and see you the day after"

"Of course. I'll try my best not to miss you too much" he said giggling

Minho chuckled and tried to play hurt but only made him laugh.

"I should go in and you should go home to sleep…"

Nodding Minho said good night, stealing another kiss from the girl before she walked into the house, closing the door behind her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Minho looked at Taeyeon as she walked into the house, his heart was pounding loudly in his ears and he had a stupid grin on his face. When was the last time he felt that way for a girl?

Minho thought he passed those days he was confused about his uality, he knew for sure he loved men but Taeyeon was something different. A lot of people were attracting to both men and women, right? Maybe he just need more time to explore himself? Maybe he does love girls after all?

He walked down the street slowly, thinking about the fact he won't see her tomorrow, even if it was just for one day it pinched his heart. Chuckling to himself he his chest telling to his heart to calm down.

The thought about taking Taeyeon with him to meet Junghee and Gwiboon tomorrow did crossed his mind but he wasn’t sure how would she react.

"Taeyeoni…would you come and meet my child and his mothers?" he couldn’t ask that…besides, they weren’t even dating, right he kissed her but he didn’t ask her to be his. Maybe that was idiotic thing but Minho was an old fashion guy. But then again he told her he like her and she said she liked him too…

"Aish…" he mumbled, why his heart acted like that?! Why his brain couldn’t stop thinking?!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kai sat to the table and ate his breakfast, he was reading the papers when Taemin walked in to the kitchen.

"Good morning"

"Good morning…" he mumbled back and flipped the page, chowing slowly.

There was an awkward silent, Taemin poured himself coffee and sat next to his friend "how much money we need to-"

"There is no need to, I already paid the rent" Kai said gushing into his words.

Surprised Taemin looked at him, Kai was ignoring him, his eyes still glued to the paper. Putting his hand on his friend, Taemin tried to draw his attention.

"You shouldn’t have…"

Kai looked at the hand that held him and then at Taemin "yes I had to…we've been out if I wouldn’t paid"

"I could have get the money, I wou-"

"What?! Sell the pictures? Oh wait…you didn’t took any that could earn us the next payment of rent"

"I'm close…"

"You say that for a month!" Kai raised his voice "look, Tae…I'm working my out while you playing around with Minho, just finish with that already or find someone else, we don’t have money for games…"

Taemin knew his friend was right, nodding he let go of his arm and was about to leave the table when Kai held his wrist "I'm just worried, I don’t want us to end up on our asses. I won't be able to pay for both of us next month as well…we need to find a new way to get money"

"I know" Taemin said quietly, not turning to face him

Kai let go of him "…and call Krystal"

Taemin turned when he heard her name, so many things happened after he left her house and he forgot that he probably broke her heart. 

"She called me last night crying, she said that you told her you're gay and she thought you gonna confess to her. She's hurt but I guess she want to talk to you, just don’t know how"

"I'll talk to her…"

"Good. I'll be out today" Kai said and got on his feet, he put his hand on Taemin's shoulder before he got out "I'll see you at night"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was nice going out of the house with jeans and t-shirt for change instead of a skirt and heels.

Taemin got out of the house soon after Kai left, he had some arrangements to do before he'll be stalking Minho.

He went to the bank first, opening one of his savings and transferring some money to Kai's account. Luckily he saved some money for rough times, Kai saved his and he needed to pay back.

After visiting at the bank he went to Krystal, on his way he stopped at a bakery and bought her favorite cookies, he wanted to make something that would make her smile, he really wanted to apologize to her- he needed his friend back.

Now, knocking at her door he waited for her to open.

"Hi…"

She looked like she was crying all night and Taemin got closer hugging her tightly "do you forgive me?"

Krystal hugged him back and nod "I'm not mad at you…"

"You know that I love you, right?"

"Yes"

He let go of her and wiped her tears "I'm sorry for not being honest with you" she smiled at him tiredly but said nothing.

"I brought your favorite cookies, how about some coffee with it?"

Chuckling she held his hand and pulled him to the kitchen.

 

 

"Minho would be gone for the whole day, he said he's having some family obligations, I believe that it would be my chance" Taemin said, now they both sat at her kitchen and drank coffee.

"Did he say anything about a child?" Krystal asked as she fished a cookie from the box he brought.

"No, but I'll follow him to see what I can get"

"I really hope that you'll get something, then you can go back to your life"

"Yeah…" he said, a little disappointment in his voice

"You don’t want to, right?" she asked softly

Raising his gaze to look at her he shook his head "not so much. I like him Krystal..." his eyes sparkled with some tears and his voice was small as he said "we kissed last night"  

Shocked she stopped chewing her cookie "you've kissed?!"

"Yes and I didn’t stopped him, frankly I asked him to kiss me again"

"Taemin-"

"I know, I need to be careful. But I… I don’t know what to do, I want him so bad…I really like him, I think I love him"

Krystal opened to speak but Taemin's phone rang and interrupted them "it’s Minho…I gotta answer"

She nod and looked at him curious about their conversation.

Taemin cough and made his voice feminine "Hi…"

Suddenly Krystal saw true feelings in Taemin's eyes as he talked on the phone, they were sparkling and he was smiling one of his big beautiful smiles, it wasn’t an act, she realized he was...in love.

"…sure, I'll miss you, have a great time" Taemin said and hung up his phone "I need to go, he'll be out of the house in half an hour, I need to follow him"

"Go…" Krystal said and he got up from the chair, placing a kiss on her forehead "I'll call you later, we can get dinner…"

She nod and watched him getting out of her apartment.        

 


TBC