chapter 3

Paparazzi

    

 

 

Minho thanked the barista and his heels to go out, he didn’t saw the young girl who was standing behind him and bump into her , the hot coffee spilled on her and she screamed with pain.

"I'm so sorry!" Minho said with panic "are you ok?" He turned to the barista and asked for napkins "I'm so sorry" he apologized again.

"It's ok" the young girl said with voice full of pain, she was obviously hurt, tears sprang into her eyes "I'm ok"

"You’ve been burnt" Minho slid his hand under her arm and took her to the closest table, helping her sit on the chair.

There weren't a lot of customers at the coffee shop at this hour and the few that were stared at them curiously. A waitress was already cleaning the floor and asked if they need anything.

"…it’s ok" the girl mumbled trying to avoid any kind of attention, she waved her hands to cool the burning part of her chest and pulled her sticky shirt away from her skin, blowing cold air on the burning place.

Minho kneeled in front of her and gave her a napkin so she could soak the coffee that drift on her bare thighs.

She smiled at him sheepishly and bite her lip "I'm so clumsy, didn’t saw you turning"

"I'm sorry…it's my fault" he gave her another napkin, taking the dirty one from her delicate hand.

"Can I take you to the clinic or something?"

"It's ok, really…don’t feel bad about it"

But Minho did and he wanted to make it up to that beautiful girl "well, can I least buy you a coffee?"

The girl laughed softly and covered "yes, that would be great" Minho got on his feet and ordered two cups of coffee to go.

"Thank you for the coffee" the beautiful girl said when they walked out of the coffee shop.

"It's the least I can do. Can I walk you?"

"Oh…you don’t have to, I've already wasted your time"

"It's ok" Minho said "I'm Choi Minho…" suddenly he realized how stupid it was to introduce himself, he was a celebrity "…and you probably already know that" he said chuckling.

The girl looked at him with big wondering eyes "ok, Choi Minho that I'm already know" small apologetic smile crossed her face, apparently she didn’t knew who he was.

"Choi Minho…" he repeated but then shook his head "never mind" he smiled at her, it was the first time for the passing year that someone didn’t recognized him "you're not from around here, aren’t you?"

The beautiful girl nod "I just got back to Korea"

"What is your name?"

"Lee Taeyeon"

"Can I walk you home Lee Taeyeon?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Minho looked at her while she talked, her big brown eyes glanced at him sheepishly as her puffy lips curled up in a smile "I'm sorry, I'm talking too much…"

Smiling at her, Minho shook his head "not at all, go on…"

"…so, that's it. Short long story I left Europe and got back to Korea just a week ago. I don’t know much around here and…I kind of miss my friends, it’s a big metropolis in here and I can't find myself yet" lowering her head she looked at the cup of coffee in her hand, avoiding his eyes.

Suddenly stopping she pointed at a nice house "I live here. Thank you for walking me home and for the coffee"

"Sorry for ruin your clothes and spilling the hot coffee on you"

Laughing she waved her hand for goodbye, she was already at the door when Minho called her "Taeyeon…"

Turning around she looked at him "yes?"

He got closer "can I have your number?"

Big smile crossed her face "yes…"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The phone rang and Taemin reached his hand to grab it, he didn’t bother to open his eyes, he was too tired and it was probably Krystal anyway, she was the only crazy person he knew that was up so early.

"Hello?" he groaned into the speaker

"Taeyeon?" deep voice filled his ear and his eyes snapped open, he sat in bed and cough "yes?" hoping that he sounded girly enough at the moment.

"Hi, it's Minho the guy that spilled his coffee on you…did I wake you up?"

Chuckling he said "it’s ok…how are you?"

"I'm fine. I was thinking…I'm having a day off and I thought about going out, would you like to join me? I'd love showing you around a little bit"

B-I-N-G-O ! ! !  Taemin jumped out of bed straight into his bathroom "yes! I'd love that…" he replied and tried not to sound so eager  

"Good, I'll be at your place in an hour?"

Taemin said yes and they hung up. 

Running across the room he looked for his dress, to be honest he never thought he'll say that- his dress, thanks god his Umma couldn’t hear that.

Dressing quickly he looked at the mirror, his chest was a little red from the coffee Minho spilled on him, brushing his fingertips on the sensitive place he cursed, it was painful. At least he found a way to draw Minho's attention he thought to himself as he looked for some aloe Vera ointment to put on his skin.    

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Minho came in an hour just like he said, he was dressed in tight skinny jeans that made Taemin a little hot and some black T-shirt, on his head he was wearing a hat and his big eyes were hiding behind sunglasses.

Taemin smiled and bite his lip "you look a little… suspicious"   

Minho scratched his nape and mumbled something about not wanting to be disturbed at their little trip.

"Where are we going?" Taemin asked as he locked the door behind him and they went toward Minho's car. 

"I think I owe you some clothes instead the one I spilled coffee on, what do you say?"

"Oh, don’t be silly…you don’t need to buy me clothes"

Minho frown, weird girl who said no to shopping "is there any specific place you wanna go?" 

Taemin shrugged "how about the mall?" he asked and saw how Minho's face changing in some kind of discomfort

"The mall is too… corny, how about other parts of the town?"   

Taemin felt like laughing, he knew the mall would be too crowded for the famous Choi Minho, he didn’t pushed though and just nod in agreement, wherever Minho will decided to go would be fine as long as he could get what he wanted from him.  

Minho took him to all the nice places Seoul have to offer, the places he saw so many times but acted like it was all new and exciting.

At lunch time the walked into a nice traditional restaurant and Taemin actually found it sweet of him, he opened the door for him and order the food, Minho was some kind of romantic gentleman.

However after the waitress served their food and Taemin was about to take his first bite few girls gathered around their table, frowning he looked at them but they looked at Minho, ignoring him.

"Are you Choi Minho?" one girl asked in sweet voice while her friend punched her side with her elbow, whispering loudly that it's definitely him.

Minho glanced at him with apologetic smile "yes…"

"Oh my god! I'm such a big fan of yours!" the girl said excitedly, her friend did the same but louder "can you please sign for me?!" she asked as she pushed a pen and paper to his face.

Minho took it and signed, smiling to those girls "thank you for your support" he said and the girls went back to their table, giggling excitedly.

"I'm sorry…" Minho looked at Taemin who did his best to look a little confused

"Do you want to tell me something?"

"They're just fans, it's happened all the time…not all of them know how to give some privacy"

"Fans?"

"I guess I should have told you that" Minho said and looked over the girls who now was staring at him "I'm a… singer and… this is happening quite a lot…"

"Oh, that explains the hat and the sunglasses" Taemin said, giggling into his fist "why didn’t you say anything?"

Minho smiled sheepishly when he looked at him "I just had fun hang out with someone who didn’t knew who I am and treated me as Minho the person"

"I had fun too…"

"So I guess we both just need a friend"

Taemin smiled at him "I guess we do. Minho would you like to be my friend?"

"I'd love to" 

 


TBC