chapter 1

Paparazzi

            

 

 

"Hello?" it was after midnight but his friend never was that oblivious to the clock anyway.

"Have you heard the news?"

"Have you heard about sleeping?"

"Were you a sleep?"

"No…"

"So what are you crying about?"

Taemin chuckled, he loved teasing Krystal "what do you want?"

"First, say you love me…"

"Why? You need to earn it…"

"There is a new rumor on Choi Minho…"

His favorite target, his eyes lighted with curiosity "talk!"

"I don’t know if it true yet, but there is a new rumor that spread around the internet, it's says that he's having a child from his high school sweetheart, they tried to keep it as a secret for the last two years but now it's out in the air…"

"He's not married…" Taemin smiled devilishly 

"I knew you'll get the idea"

"God, I love you!"

"Till now, no one took a picture of the child though…"

"New challenge it is! Thanks, you are the best…" 

Chuckling she said goodbye and hung up the phone. Taemin clicked his computer quickly and typed 'Choi Minho', looking for any kind of information he could get.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Choi Minho was the hottest name in the industry those days, he was a young promising singer. Some entertainment company found him last year and they've been making a lot of money because of his talent.

Taemin found that he was a little goldmine of his own and took many paparazzi pictures of him, selling it to the highest bidder.

It's wasn’t always like that, once Taemin had a dream to work in one of the biggest newspapers in Korea, but his dream never came true and the bills just kept growing, he found it hard to make a living, he needed something to save his . So he started to take paparazzi pictures of celebrities and sell them to whoever wanted.

A year passed by, even two and Taemin found it much more easy than trying to get a real job, he wasn't rich but he could earn enough money to live.

He met Kai when he was trying to get a picture of some actress and bump into him so hard that his camera fell from his hands and broke. Taemin was ready to kill him but the younger apologized and bought him a new camera, a better one.

They became friends after that, they moved in together and opened a small office in the basement.

Krystal was Kai's little sister, she came as a package deal with him, Taemin liked her and they became friends immediately. She was their gossip girl, knowing exactly where to find all the juicy details about the celebrities.       

Taemin thought that she's having a little crush on him, it was writing all over her face but he wasn’t into girls and didn’t have the courage to tell her that.   

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~       

"Good morning!" Taemin said as he walked into the kitchen and threw a file on the table in front of Kai.

"Good morning" the younger said and sipped from his coffee "What is it?" he asked and took it to his hand

"Your amazing little sister told me about it last night…"

"She didn’t bothered to call me…" Kai said as he flipped through the pages, Choi Minho was writing all over them.

"She loves me, what can I say…"

"She's dazzled by your pretty face, you know girls. Tell her you don’t like girls, don’t break her heart" Kai said with a warning tone

"I will, I promise…"

"So is that means we're running out after Choi Minho's child?" Kai asked and turned to look at Taemin

"Yep" the older smiled as he sat to the table "drink your coffee faster"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Minho looked outside his window and took a deep breath, he cursed underneath his breath when he saw few photographers lurking across the streets.

Last night when he found out about the new rumor he was restless, he called his manager who told him to stay calm until a new rumor will come out and everybody will forget about him.

But how could he? His front yard was full with bloodthirsty photographers!

One face popped into his eyes when he looked from the window though, he was a beautiful man who looked like an angel but was a little devil- Lee Taemin.

Minho saw him many times and learned to hate him, that man exposed his personal life so many times. He remembered his name from the papers, his autograph was on the pictures that he took, his face was famous to all of the poor celebrities who've caught by his lens.  

Sighing he turned from the window and crushed on the couch, maybe by noon they all would leave and he could go outside. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Can we go home?" Kai whined, it was already afternoon and Minho didn’t came out, they were sitting in the car for to many hours.

"No…" Taemin replied and looked through the lens, he thought he saw a movement near the front door but put the camera down when it turned out to be a cat. 

"I'm hungry…" Kai draw his attention once again

"Then you can go…I'll stay here" Taemin said a little bit angry, it's not like he wasn’t edgy too but he wanted to catch Choi Minho's child-if he had one- on his camera no matter what.

"We won't get him like that"

"Do you have any better idea?!" Taemin hissed and turned to look at him angrily.

Kai sigh "I'm going home, I'll meet you there" he said and got out of the car, calling a taxi on the street.

Taemin watched him and cursed underneath his breath. maybe Kai was right, maybe he won't be able to get a picture like that but he didn’t wanted to admit it, not after he spend so many hours lurking Minho's house.

It was getting cold, he wrapped his coat tightly around his small body and fixed the camera on the car window for a better position, leaning his cheek on his elbow and looked through the lens.

Slowly his eyes became heavy and his vision blurred until he closed them.

 

 

Minho looked through the window, that little bastard didn't gave up, he was still sitting in his car with the camera in his hand and… he was sleeping?

Minho wasn’t sure, his car was a little far but he could see that his eyes were closed, weren’t they?

It was too cold outside though and Minho started to feel bad for him, he was curled in his sit with a big coat. 

Minho hated his heart, he couldn’t be mean to anyone, even if it was his enemy.

He walked to the kitchen and took a mug, filling it with warm tea before he got out of the house.

 

 

"Ya…"

Taemin opened his eyes slowly to the sound of deep voice, he blinked few time to see a beautiful face watching him. Spooked he jumped in his seat and his camera fell to his lap. Choi Minho was leaning on his car window, holding a mug in his hand. 

"…go home, it's cold and you'll get sick. You won't find anything worth enough to take a picture of" Minho said and handed him the mug.

Blinking Taemin took it, watching him going back into the house.        

 

 


TBC