Chapter 1

Goodbyes Are Hard

I had this childhood friend. She was one of the best people in my life, but then she became someone I didn't know anymore.. She left me by myself. Whenever we had a chance to talk, I couldn't go. She would give me a cold stare and ignore me. Its as if we weren't ever friends. I was there for and she was there for me. But now its all different.. Goodbyes are hard to say..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kai! Kai! Wake up! The teacher's coming this way! Hurry up!" she said as she elbowed me.

"Hmm!" I uttered.

All of a sudden, the teacher slammed the ruler onto my desk. I opened both of my eyes instantly and looked up. There the teacher was. He was old and wrinkly looking even though he was only in his early 30s.

"Sit up," he commanded in a stern voice. I instantly sat up straight.  Then, he walked away, waking up other students.

"Told you to get up," she teased me as she stuck out her tongue playfully.

"Whatever.. " I muttered looking away. I really miss you.. said a voice. I looked around.

"Hey, Yuri. Did you just say something to me..?" I asked.

She looked at me and said,"Yea. Why?"

"Wait what?! You missed me?! I'm right here and when did you start caring about me?!" I panicked.

"What?! I didn't say I miss you, I just said 'Told you to get up!' thats all I said!" she exclaimed.

I looked around once again. Kai, I miss you.. the voice whispered.

Maybe it's just my imagination.. I thought.