Chapter 7

Still You

Chapter 7


“Is this my refrigerator?!” Hanna asked Junhyung as she looks into her fridge now full of food. “So what will you cook?”
“What do you want?”
“Anything, as long as it can be eaten.” Hanna said, closing the fridge.
“ANYTHING is HARD to cook dudine. Come on! Give me something specific!”
“Uhmmm… aaaaaaaah….hmmmmm”    
“WHAT?!”
“GADDAMMIT! I’M THINKING! PATIENCE DUDE!”
“ your patience dudine! We still have a class at two!”
“Steak?... And Fries?”
“Steak and fries?” Junhyung asked, raising an eyebrow. “I did not buy some fries and I’m lazy to cook a steak.” leaning on the counter.
“Damn! You’re asking me for a specific food then that’s the answer you’ll give me?! YOU’RE FIRED!” Hanna said, pointing a finger at Junhyung.
“You have no right to fire me for I did not apply to be your personal chef, I VOLUNTEERED, so there.”
“UGGGH! Whatever! I’ll just eat the cake you bought last time!” Hanna said, sitting.
“Oh yeah! The cake! With the lasagna and the fettuccine! Let’s just preheat them!”
“Nice! The cooking transformed to preheating.” Hanna said, sarcastically, rolling her eyes.
“I’ll cook for dinner! Promise!” Junhyung said, laughing.”Besides, they’re delicious anyways, right? DON’T LIE, SEO!”
“Whatever! Screw you! What are you waiting for? Preheat them already! How dare you starve me like this when you’re suppose to keep me healthy?!”
“I said so.” Junhyung said, now putting the lasagna in the microwave. “And for your information, I’m doing my best on keeping you healthy.”
“Is preheating healthy?”
“What’s not healthy in preheating?”
“I don’t know.” Hanna shrugged.
Junhyung walks to her direction with his gaze just on her and stops in front of her and leans forward, with Junhyung leaving only two inches distance between their faces that’s enough for Seo Hanna to smell his alluring scent, and raises an eyebrow, “You’re weird, do you know that?” with a mischievous smile dancing on his lips. 
Hanna fought hard for her not to be carried away by Junhyung’s hypnotizing gaze and distracting scent and also raised an eyebrow “ yourself Nam Junhyung.” She said defensively “I’m gaddamn starving, and you’re invading my personal space already, so shoo! The lasagna’s ready!” pushing a smiling Junhyung away from her.

     As they ate, they now talked about just random things, and for a change, Hanna now helped Junhyung to do the dishes. They just continued to be like this for almost everyday, Junhyung waking Hanna up when there’s school, making her eat breakfast, and then the both of them going home for lunch, Junhyung sometimes cooking, sometimes just preheating, the both of them walking to school together, sitting beside each other on the subjects they have together, bickering about nonsense things, being sarcastic to each other. As for Minyoung, she’s always busy to go with them or is JUST PRETENDING to be busy, because being their one and only shipper, she doesn’t want to be their third party, so every time Hanna is with Junhyung, she’s hanging out with her other friends. 

     When Saturday came, Seo Hanna was in their living room, copy-pasting again with the TV in some random channel, when Junhyung came down. “Are you multi-tasking or just wasting some energy?” Junhyung asked as he walked towards her.
“That’s none of your business! I pay for the cable! It would be much waste if I don’t open the TV!”
“What are you doing anyways?!” Junhyung asked, sitting beside her.
“Our ing theses!”
“I’ll do it!”
“Huh?” looking at Junhyung.
“I said I’ll do it. You watch, I’ll copy-paste.” Junhyung said, getting the laptop away from her lap.
“You sure you know what you’re gonna do?” Hanna said as she gets the remote and switch channels.
“You insult me a lot, are you aware of that?”
“No. Am I?” Hanna asked as Junhyung scoffed.
“Ok. You do it. Do it right dude.” Hanna said, looking at Junhyung again.
“Ok dudine. For you.” Junhyung said, smiling, while Hanna is now busy on the TV for it’s the 5J Project on MTV.

     So there they were, the two of them sitting beside each other on the sofa, the other one busy watching a movie, while the other one is busy reading the information sent to Hanna, and he is really serious on what he’s doing, he carefully chooses what to copy-paste, unlike Hanna, who’s just half-looking and half-reading them, so he also decided to take a look at what Hanna already did and edited them, Junhyung actually is also kind of smart, he’s just not into his studies that much, that’s the reason why he’s grades are like that, but if he’ll just really take it seriously, he’ll be definitely one of the Dean’s List. 
     
     While Junhyung is doing this, he unintentionally fell asleep, and Hanna only noticed when she realized that she’s not hearing the tap-tapping of the keyboard anymore and looked at the person beside her. A playful smile appeared on Seo Hanna’s lips when she saw Junhyung asleep. She could do some heavenly pranks with this. As she thinks of what she’s going to do with sleeping Junhyung, she finds herself studying his face. She noticed that his bangs are covering his thick, black eyebrows, his double eyelid eyes also got long eyelashes, his nose, his lips, his lips, WHAT THE HELL?! Why the hell is she looking at Junhyung’s lips?! But to be honest, Junhyung is absolutely attractive, he’s also tall, and he can be one of their company’s artists if he wants to, IF HE HAS A TALENT. 
     
     And she also just recently realized that a lot of Korean and not Korean girls in their campus like him, since it was just recently she was always with Junhyung, whenever Junhyung walks by, their eyes follow him until he’s not visible to them anymore, that’s how hot he is for them, but to Hanna, he’s just simply Junhyung, not until now, for right now, she’s not already sure what Junhyung is to her, but she can’t like Junhyung, and worse, SHE CAN’T FALL FOR HIM. She just can’t.
     
     She was still looking at Junhyung when a phone rang, pulling her out of her reverie. She saw that it was Junhyung’s phone on the coffee table in front of them and the caller ID says “Yi Jeong”, thinking if she would answer it or not… it’s Yi Jeong anyways, they know each other, so she turns the TV off and…
“Hello?” Hanna said, unsure of what she’s doing.
“Hello? I’m sure you’re not Junhyung.” Yi Jeong said.
“Of course I’m not! This is Hanna. Hello Yi Jeong.”
“Oh! Seo Hanna! Hello! Where’s our future CEO? Why are you the one answering?”
“He fell asleep. Want me to wake him up?” she said, looking at Junhyung.
“Oh, no! It’s ok. It’s not that important.  Just tell him I called when he’s alive again and that he should call me back, ok?”
“Ok. That’s all?”
“Yeah. That’s all. Thank you. Bye.” And with that, Yi Jeong’s gone while Hanna just sat there in their spacious living room with a sleeping Junhyung beside her, wondering what to do next, for the movie she’s watching is already done, and she’s too lazy to do those theses again, she just sat there, looking into the world of nothingness, then slowly, slowly, little by little, her eyes closes…and she falls into a deep sleep in an uncomfortable position beside Junhyung.    


     
      Hanna woke up with a pair of dark brown eyes staring at her, she rolls her eyes and turned her back on Junhyung…
“Who told you that you have the right to stare at me like that when I’m sleeping?!” she said while sitting upright and faced him, giving him a venomous glare.
“See?! You’re like a harmless angel when you’re sleeping but you’re like a predator fighting for a prey the moment you open your eyes! Like those angry birds throwing themselves into those ugly green pigs!” Junhyung said.
“So I’m the angry bird and you’re the ugly green pig?” Hanna smirked playfully.
“Ha-bloody-ha!” Junhyung said, rolling his eyes. “Doesn’t your neck hurt?”    
“It kinda hurts.” Hanna said, craning her neck.
“I give free massage.” Junhyung said, giving her a devious grin.
“Bastard!” she said, throwing a throw pillow at a laughing Junhyung.
“Get up there now! I already cooked dinner.” Junhyung said, standing in front of her.
“Already?! How long did I sleep?” Hanna said, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.
“Like…uhm…3-4 hours?” Junhyung said, looking upwards, like he’s calculating light years, instead of hours. “Are you a sleeping machine?” he asked, raising his eyebrow.
“Oh! By the way!” Hanna said, ignoring Junhyung’s nonsense comment “Yi Jeong…”
“Yi Jeong called.” He interjected “I know, he just called again awhile ago, did he happen to mention something to you?”
“No, nothing” Hanna said, shaking her head “he just said that I should tell you that he called when you’re alive again. That’s all.”
“Ok. Maybe you would want to stand up there, or… do you want me to carry you?” Junhyung smirked.
“You’re a piece of horse aren’t you?!” Hanna said, now standing in front of Junhyung, inhaling his expensive perfume  that’s now becoming familiar to her,  “so what’s our precious dinner Nam Junhyung?!” crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.
“Steak and fries.” Junhyung said, smiling at her.
Hanna gives back an appreciative smile and said “After a week, you finally managed to cook me a steak and fries my adorable personal chef.” and wraps her fingers excitedly on Junhyung’s wrist, dragging him behind her.


     
     Junhyung just lay there on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, unable to sleep, when Hanna suddenly entered his mind, the image of Seo Hanna sleeping peacefully, she really looked like a harmless angel when she’s just like that, and you wouldn’t think for even one second that when she’s wide awake, she’s a very sarcastic woman with a very smart mouth. And that’s what she likes about Seo Hanna, her unique spunk. Junhyung finds himself smiling at the thought of her, but WHAT THE EFF! HE CAN’T FALL FOR HER! Just the idea of it… he just can’t. 
     
     Unable to think of anything to do to be able to distract himself from thinking about Hanna, he stands and gets out of the room, he lays his gaze on the grand piano and started walking to its direction, touching its keys… wondering if he can still play the instrument… he absentmindedly sat in front of it and automatically places his fingers above it, like his fingers has a mind of its own…
     
     At the other room, Seo Hanna turns to her left side… then to her right… then to her left again… then to her right… “UGGGGH!” she cried in turmoil. She too, can’t sleep. She’s already been lying in her bed for 3 hours now, but she just can’t gaddamn sleep, until she heard a piano playing. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, listening to it. It’s a familiar song to her. It’s… Missing You by 2ne1, a slow piano version of it. And like her feet have also a mind of its own, she finds herself walking out of her room and towards the source of the music. The piano. 
      
     What she saw is Junhyung, sitting there playing it, basked under the glass chandelier’s light, with the beautiful night view of the city in the huge glass window behind him, seeing Junhyung like that… he was breathtaking, and as she was nearing him, she realized that he was singing it also, and when he got to the song’s chorus part… Seo Hanna was mesmerized. She stood there, with just enough distance as to not distract him, she just stood there spellbound by Junhyung’s voice, she just stood there her gaze firmly on him, and only him, she just stood there until Junhyung finished.
     
     When Junhyung was playing the piano, he knew Hanna was there, he knew that Hanna was watching him, and he also knew that Seo Hanna was gawking at him, gawking at him like hell. When he finished his one hell of a performance, he looked at Hanna who is still looking at him full of awe and smiled.
“Sit here.” Junhyung said, patting the space next to him, while Hanna followed and sat beside him.
“Why aren’t you one of JM Entertainment’s artists?” Hanna asked, smiling.
“And why are you still not asleep, My Queen?” Junhyung asked her back, smirking shrewdly.
My Queen. Hearing Junhyung call her like that made her heart skip a beat, but of course, it’s Seo Hanna and she tried her best to just ignore what she felt and instead, she snarky answered. “You’re so loud! How will I sleep?!”
“You know you liked it.” Junhyung said, grinning.
“Yeah. I liked it.” It’s the truth. There’s no reason why Seo Hanna should lie about it this time, while Nam Junhyung smiled widely after hearing her compliment. “Now don’t think too highly of yourself now Mr. Nam.”
Junhyung laughed and said “Give me a song.”
“Huh?” Hanna asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Give me a song and I’ll play it to you.” Junhyung said, letting his gaze fall on Hanna. “Then after that, you sleep already, My Queen, for it’s already late.”
“Ok. I will.” Hanna nodded. “Dong Bang Shin Ki. Why Did I Fall In Love With You.” She said, looking at Junhyung.
“Ok. Why Did I Fall In Love With You.” Junhyung said, looking back at Hanna and giving her a genuine smile.