Chapter 14

The Annoying Boy Next Door


"Okay.. Seriously I'm starting to get creeped out here with you smiling for no apparent reason every 10 seconds. Spill it."

We were sitting down on a bench just a few meters away from the soccer field, yes, it was our sort of refreshment, looking at hot soccer players as they run around the field and drowned themselves on their water bottles because of the scorching heat.

I turned to Hannah as I tried to bite down the smile that's forming on my lips once again. "Spill it. Is this a Mark thing or a L.Joe thing? Or did you find another boy on the soccer team to crush over on?"

I quickly frowned as soon as she brought his name up and she quickly got the clue as soon as she saw my face, "Okay definitely not L.Joe thing."

"Mark invited me to this dance competition happening later tonight." I said in excitement as my hands started doing this flappy flappy hand gestures, that even I can't even make out what I'm trying to do.

"That's cool? I guess? Well since you love to dance I guess that's a wonderful place to take you on a date. I guess Mark's not that much of a romantic type."

"It's not a date." I emphasized. "He's competing. He asked me to watch him compete. Oh and don't you dare insult him you little-"

"Hold your horses mama donkey, I never insulted him. But- Ohmygosh. Are you two like a thing now? I can't believe you two are already in this stage why didn't you tell me what the hell Stacy am I really your best friend this news is like-"

"What are you saying Hannah, I haven't even confessed to him yet. I don't even know if he likes me or if he just sees me as a friend. We are so not in that stage." I frowned.

"What? But he asked you to go watch him compete. It's like saying, 'Come watch me because if I know you are watching in the crowd, it will give me courage' that sort of thing."

"No."

"Believe me, you two are so in that stage already. Trust this girl cause her intuition in dating is always right plus she got dating experience." She proudly pointed at herself with a smile.

"Well, that girl got her heart broken every single time because of her intuitions that is probably why she doesn't have a stable boyfriend until now."

"Ouch. Way to hurt my already broken heart." She touched her heart and started doing some weird hand gestures showing how much her heart is hurt.

"I think you should sign up in the drama club, you'll make a good Juliet." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh Romeo Romeo!" She started but before she could even be more dramatic, I cut her off.

"So, do you want to come along?" I asked, hoping that she would say no.

Hannah diverted her attention from me, her eyes fixed on something else or should I say someone else. I turned to look at the direction that she was looking at and found one of the soccer hotties was looking our way while soaking his self with his water bottle. She suddenly grabbed her book out and pretended to read, completely ignoring my question.

"What are you doing?"

"Soccer Hottie 101 3 o'clock."

"So you're pretending to be smart?"

"Well, you never know if he needs a tutor," she winked at me. "A smart and hot one if I may add."

"Anyway, so you coming or what?" I asked again.

"Umm.. I want to since I don't have anything important to do besides watching the latest episode of 'How to Get A Soccer Hottie to Notice You', considering it a Friday night, I am totally free but your look tells me I should say no, so no."

"What look? Of course you should come." I said. "You know how much I hate going alone and I need your support cause I might get a heart attack if Mark strips or something. So yeah, you are definitely coming. 6 o'clock sharp, my house, don't be late. Anyway, got to go, Mrs. Lee asked me to help her with some stuff."

I grabbed my bag and slung it around my shoulder as I waved goodbye to Hannah. As I was walking, I turned back to where Hannah was to see the soccer hottie already making his way to her. I silently shook my head and sighed as I had a feeling this would end up with another heart break.
 

 

Once we entered, the place was already full of people. It was already crowded especially the front row. And I wasn't planning on taking any other seats besides the front row. I have to get to the front row so that I could see Mark perform and so that he could see me too. Just in time, I saw a couple got up from their seats, probably going to the bathroom but I didn't care, I didn't want to lose the opportunity so I quickly pushed through he crowd dragging Hannah along with me.

"I saw someone sitting there awhile ago." Hannah whispered to me.

"Then they better find a new place to sit on cause people can sit wherever they want, first come first serve basis."

"Technically, they were in these seats first.."

"But they left it unattended so.. I don't really care." I retorted back and sat down without really caring. Hannah sighed beside me and finally sat down as well.

I took out my phone, just about to call Mark when I spotted him jogging out of the backstage. "Mark, over here." I called out as I stood up from my seat and waved at him, for him to find me easily.

"Hey, I am so glad you could make it." Mark sighed in a relief as he came towards us. "You're here too Hannah, that's great."

"Good luck Mark. Do your best!" Hannah cheered on with a bright smile which Mark replied with a small thanks as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

Why is Mark being so nervous around Hannah? Could he possibly like- no, it's probably just the competition that's making him nervous right?

"Hey Tuna! Don't you dare disappoint me. You better pull off a great performance okay? But I still think that my cat is better than you." I said trying to make him less nervous by making him laugh.

"Yeah right." He rolled his eyes at me with a chuckle and gazed off to Hannah. "I beat her last time in Just Dance. I bet I could still win against her with my eyes closed."

"Really? But no one can ever beat her, she always gets perfect, it's like she memorized the whole dance routines of the songs."

"It's because he CHEATED." I groaned as I crossed my arms in my chest.

"Anyway Staco, gotta go, the competition is about to start soon and I am still not yet in my performance clothes. Jackson is so gonna kill me."

"And you look already hot like that," I told him. "I bet all the girls in the front row are already dying."

"Whatever. Wish me luck!" He smiled as he jogged back to the backstage, where the dressing rooms are.

The lights were dimmed and finally the competition started, the host introduced his self and the judges for the competition, he also announced the prizes that the first, second, and third placers will receive. And with that, he officially started the competition.

"Let us all meet our first contestant, Juliana, the graceful ballerina." He introduced.

A tiny and thin young girl went up the stage, from her looks, she looked just about seven years old. I was amazed as she jumped in the air and how she managed to beautifully land on her each twirl. She was young but her movements was just as graceful as how a teenaged ballerina would move and her facial expressions really made me feel that she was so into the sad melody that was playing. She ended her performance with her arms slowly going down and with that she gracefully bowed.

I really like watching dance performances, it makes me excited and makes me want to strive more, to do better, to learn more. It inspires me. Ever since I was a kid, I was never good in math or my studies and the only thing that I'm ever good at is dancing. In dance, you don't have to memorize formulas—well technically I do memorize the steps or learn about the history of World War II. The dance just comes naturally flowing out once I hear the song. Steps and hand movements that follow the beat of the song.

"You. Are. Smiling. And why is that?" Hannah asked seeing the small smile on my face.

"Nothing. I just realized how much dancing means to me and how much it inspires me to strive hard." I smiled.

After a few more performance, the host finally announced Mark's group. "Let's give it up for AmeriThaiKong!"

"Seriously? What kind of a group name is that? They could have been more creative about it like GOT3 or something." I sighed as I face palmed myself for the lame group name that they come up with. "This is definitely so Jackson."

As the host announced that, three boys went up the stage wearing red jackets with black undershirts. And I couldn't help but stare with my mouth wide open as I saw Mark up on stage. He looked dashing, he was almost looked like a prince charming sent by a fairy godmother to grant every girls' wish which was to ruin their lives, well except for the fact that his hair is bright red, he looked almost too perfect for a prince.

As soon as the song started, I couldn't take my eyes off of Mark, he just looked so good and the way he winked, smirked, and teased made my heart go jumping a thousand times. The song was just too y I couldn't take it. The way he would his hips and body wave was just too much for my poor little heart.

Wow. It was just wow.

Their performance ended with Jackson stripping off his undershirt, showing his amazing abs. I didn't even know that he took his jacket off somewhere during the performance, I was too focused on Mark that I didn't even bothered watching them as a whole and not individually. That good five minutes felt like ten seconds to me, and I want more. I let out a huge huff of disappoint as Mark started walking down the stage, when he saw me he quickly gave me a huge grin, completely satisfied on his performance. And that my dear friends, just sent me to heaven. Just then, I finally noticed the other member, it was BamBam, the Thai dude who bailed out on me.

"Wow so BamBam totally ditched me just to be part of this dance competition and here I thought he was busy studying." I glared and crossed my arms.

"So that's your comment after the whole performance? No 'ohmygod Mark was so hot I died' commentary?" Hannah almost let out a laugh.

"Binch didn't you see me fanning myself and hear me silently cursing earlier?"

"Speaking of dance competition, how's your dance practice coming along? Especially since L.Jo-"

"Ohmygod. Hannah. I was excited over this dance competition thing that I totally forgot about the show tomorrow. Ohmygod. You know what, I got to go. I need to talk to L.Joe and teach him the moves. Ohgod." I said and hurriedly hurry grabbed my shoulder bag.

"What about Mark's competition? They haven't announced the winner yet."

"Tell Mark I'm so sorry and that I had an urgent matter that I really need to take care of." I said and hurriedly ran off.

I opened my phone and was just about to dial L.Joe's phone number when I realized that I don't have his number on my contacts list. "Damn it."

I took the bus and to be honest, I was hoping that L.Joe would be around his house for the very first time, I would normally would wish for him not to be there but today was totally different. I quickly ran out of the bus as soon as it reached my stop. As I was jogging up the street to our apartment, I saw L.Joe coming out of the convenience store near our place with a plastic bag in his hand. He was wearing a sweatshirt with the hood covering his head and slightly his face, but I still managed to recognize him with because of his blonde hair sticking out—which looked really cute by the way and I don't know, I'm just really sure that that was him.

"L.Joe! Thank god I found you." I smiled in relief as I jogged towards him.

He looked at me in surprise, probably wondering why I was so glad to see him. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" He asked a little worried but his face didn't show any sign of it.

"About our performance tomorrow, we haven't practiced nor have you seen the dance that I made so-"

"Didn't you hear?" He rose his tone a bit.

"Hear what?"

"I quit the club yesterday, therefore, I am not performing, not with you that is."

"Excuse me?!?" I stared at him in complete shock, I couldn't utter a single word besides that. I don't know whether to kill him or bury him alive in the woods or drown him in a swimming pool. Does he hate me that much for him to go to this extent? Then I realized, he wasn't planning on helping me from the beginning, he planned this. He pretended to help me, pretended to act like he cared, pretended that he wanted us to be friends but that were all lies. He planned it from the start and for me to actually think that he was being decent for once, I was totally wrong. He will never change.

 

-

a/n: hello everyone, sorry for not updating for enternity huhu hope you all liked this ; u ; comment down below pleaseeeee