Chapter 10

The Annoying Boy Next Door

 

The bell finally rang, marking that it's already the end of the period.

"So, since the class is over. I will be now giving you back your exams papers." Mr. Pua announced as he grabbed a pile of papers out of his bag and waved it for us to see.

"A lot of you passed." He said causing everyone to cheer in happiness.

He then grinned and continued, "But a lot of you also failed." Which made everyone fall back to their seats in sorrow.

I clasped my hands together and started hoping to get a really good grade in the exam. I opened my eyes and found L.Joe rolling his eyes and scoffing at me. I quickly gave him a death glare and focused back on Mr. Pua.

He then started calling us one by one to receive our papers.

"Jason Chen." He called out and Jason stood up to receive his paper.

"68." Mr. Pua announced causing everyone to laugh since it's his 4th 68 in a row.

Jason rubbed the back of his neck as he went out of the room with his paper, feeling embarrassed.

"Stacy Choi." Mr. Pua called as he eyed me suspiciously, as if I'm hiding something.

I stood up from my seat and as I walked to grab my paper, I closed my eyes and hoping that I passed. I can't let myself receive another failing mark. I didn't want Mark to think that I'm really dumb and I really wanted to impress him.

"93." Mr. Pua announced. My eyes widened as I heard that.

"Really?" I asked happily and grabbed the paper from Mr. Pua's hand.

I looked at my paper and yes, there was it. A 93 written at the top of my paper. This was the first time in my entire life that I received a 93 in math.

"Asa!" I made a fist pump in the air and quickly ran out of the classroom to look for that certain someone.

I ran down the hallway causing some faculty members to get mad but like hell I care. All I wanted to do was show him that I got a good grade and it was all thanks to him.

"Hey Stace! What's up with you?" Hannah asked with a raised eyebrow as she saw me running down the hallways.

"Oh hey! By chance, have you seen Mark?" I stopped running and asked her.

"Mark? I think I just saw him went that way." Hannah said and pointed down the hallway.

"Really? Thanks." I told her.

"What do-" Before she could even finish her sentence, I ran off again. "Yah!" I heard her yell.

I spotted Mark alone by his locker and I quickly smiled. I quickly ran up to him and hugged him. I looked up at him and shock was written all over his face. "What the." I heard him say.

I quickly let go and faced him with a huge smile plastered on my face. He gave me a questioning look and I quickly showed him my exam paper.

I bit my bottom lip nervously and waited for his reply.

"I got a really high grade thanks to you." I told him.

"Yeah, you did." He put down the paper and I could finally see his reaction. He was smiling like there's no tomorrow and I couldn't help but feel weak all over again. 

"I'm so proud of you." He said and ruffled my hair.

"Um Mark, are you free this Saturday?" I asked as I started fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

"This Saturday? I don't think I have any plans, why?"

"Um you know. I was just wondering if you could go out with me.. I mean, not as a date but I want to treat you to something since I really want to thank you for helping me out." I said and looked down on my shoes.

I was really hoping that he would agree since this would be a great time for me to get to know more about him and maybe confess my feelings to him.

"Sure." Mark nodded and I quickly looked up at him, "Really? That's great then!"

I tried hard not to show him the excitement that was now written all over my face.

He closed his locker and gave me a heart melting smile, "I need to go and practice, see you later Stacy."

Just as he left, I could feel my legs go weak. I rested my back on the locker and giggled to myself. I turned around and got face to face with L.Joe who just smirked at me. "Wipe off the drool in your face."

"Omo!" I quickly moved away and put my hands into my chest. "That scared me."

I looked up to him and glared, "Yah! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"What do you like about him anyway?" L.Joe asked.

"None of your business." I told him and started walking away when he caught up to me.

"Do you think that he'll like you?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Yah. I'm not doing anything to you so could you please stop bothering me." I told him. "I'm busy you know."

I quickly went to my locker and grabbed my bag for my practice clothes. I went to the studio where our dance practice is being held at when I found all of my dance mates seated on the floor with worrisome expressions.

"What happened guys?" I quickly asked as I put down my bag on the bench and sat down on the floor with them. "What's the problem?"

"Well, it's about your part of the dance.. Jackson quitted just now. He said he can't do the dance since he's busy with a lot of things right now and he just can't seem to find the time to practice anymore." Angela told me. "Meaning, you don't have any partner for your solo."

"Can't we just ask Ricky or Henry to do his part?" I asked.

"Well, they just tried doing his part just now and they really can't get it. Plus, they have their own routine to do, remember?" Angela said.

She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. "I seriously don't know what to do anymore."

"I'll just change the choreography of my dance. I'll just remove the partner thing and add more steps to it."

"Are you sure you can change it?" Angela bit her bottom lip and looked at me with hope in her eyes.

"Course I can. I ain't the dance machine for nothing." I reassuringly said and winked at her.

Just then, someone knocked on the door and we all turned to look. I quickly frowned when I saw him. He stood there, feeling cool, like a model and I seriously wanted to wipe the smirk off his face. "I heard you guys need a dancer."

"We did but now we don't. Now, get lost before I punch you in the face." I gritted at him but he just smiled at me in return.

"Let's hear him out Stacy." Angela told me and I just rolled my eyes and sighed, "Fine."

"Who are you?" Angela asked him as she stood up.

"I'm L.Joe, the new transferee from Korea. I came here to help you since I heard that you are in need of a dancer and I'm pretty much of a good dancer." He smiled which doesn't suit him by the way.

"What do you think Stacy?" She looked at me for an answer.

I crossed my arms and told her, "Let's see his dancing skills first."

L.Joe smirked at me and asked one of my dance mates to play him a song.

He started dancing to the song of The Other Side by Jason Derulo and I couldn't say that his dancing skills were poor.

I have to say that his skills were good and he had the feel while dancing. But still. Me? Pairing up with him? Not going to happen.

He cooly posed as the song finishes and my dance mates all gave him a round of applause except for me. I continued to stare at him until Angela nudged me. "He's good Stacy."

"Not good enough for me." I told her.

"Gosh, are you blind or something? I can feel that the two of you will match perfectly well for each other." Angela said. "He is way good and I bet a lot of people are going to love your stage!"

"Fine." I finally agreed.

"Yay L.joe! Great news! You're in!" Angela shouted excitedly and gave him high five. "Stacy would teach you your parts since you'll be dancing with her."

Angela gathered all the other members and they started practicing their parts while L.Joe and I stood there, busy having a staring contest.

"I guess I'm that good huh?" L.Joe smirked.

"In your dreams. I bet a thousand bucks that a duck can even beat you in Just Dance." I scoffed at him.

"Then why did you agree?" He asked.

"Cause Angela seems to want you to join so I'll just have to agree with her. Quit talking to me and change your freaking clothes." I told him and then left to change.

 

 


Note: Hi everyone! I'm back with an update! Sorry if I didn't get to update last week like I promised! Hope you guys will all like this chapter! Read, comment, subscribe and upvote!! Saranghaeyo~!!!