Chapter 12

The Annoying Boy Next Door

 

After I got home that day, I wanted to send Mark a text saying sorry but I didn't really know if that was enough. After leaving him off in the cafe with him thinking that I was in some kind of relationship with L.Joe, I didn't really know what to say. As for the jerk who ruined my date with Mark, I didn't go out the whole Sunday just to avoid seeing his face.

Even if Ms. Rogers stopped by that day and asked me if I could come and help her fix some things for her fundraising event, I didn't go out since I had a feeling that she also asked L.Joe to help her out.

And today is finally Monday, meaning to say, I'll get to see that jerk's face again and I need to apologize to Mark and clear up the whole misunderstand between me and L.Joe.

I sighed as I thought of today, I would be seeing Mark and I don't really know how to face him, I was really hoping that I wouldn't get to see him today but I doubt that will happen.

I walked out of my house to go to school when I spotted L.Joe also just leaving his house at the same time as I did. As soon I saw him, the anger that I've felt that Saturday came rushing back and I had this urge to punch him in the face but good thing I managed to calm myself down.

He turned around finally seeing me in the hallway, our eyes locked for a moment before I turned and left cause I didn't really want to see him either cause I would just scream and shout at his face if I stayed and I didn't really want him to talk to me or say something to me.

As I was walking to school, I had a feeling that he was just a few meters away from me but I was thankful that he gave me some space and didn't bother going close to me or talk to me.

 

"Hey Stace! Oh my gosh! Tell me all about your date with Mark last Saturday!" Hannah shouted excitedly as she sat down beside me during lunch time.

I looked up to her and her smile quickly turned into a thin line, "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

I didn't give her an exact answer and just sighed as I rested my head on table with my arms wrapped around my face. "What happened?" She asked again.

"I don't know what to say to him.. After leaving him alone in the cafe and not even saying sorry or a bye. I feel bad and I don't know how to face him, especially now that he thinks I'm in a relationship with L.Joe." I said still rested on the table, burying my face more into my cardigan.

"What do you mean? Did something during your date with Mark?" She asked worriedly.

"Well... L.Joe was there and Mark thought that we were dating.. and then I got mad at L.Joe and left.."

"Yah!" She slapped my arm causing me to jolt up and hissed in pain.

"What was that for?"

"Are you stupid or something? You should've went back and told Mark that he isn't your boyfriend." She sighed as she looked at me helplessly.

"But doesn't it bother you?" She suddenly asked, making me confused since I didn't get her question.

"What?"

"The fact that L.Joe told you to stop liking Mark and even went to your date with him!" She said with excitement in her voice but I still didn't seem to get what she was trying to say. "I mean, how can you not see? L.Joe likes you."

"Ummm, how do you know? Did he confess to you or something?" I looked up at her.

"No.. but-"

"Uh huh. Sure. L.Joe likes me." I sarcastically said as I rolled my eyes.

"But if you think about it, what could be the other reason why he would ask you to stop liking Mark aside from him liking you?" She argued. "There seems to be none."

"Umm I think you've forgotten..? There's another reason to do that, to annoy me duh?"

"And why would he annoy you? Doesn't it mean that he likes you? Cause if he doesn't like you, why would he continue to annoy you? And like you said, the two of you aren't friends, so why would he waste his time annoying when he can actually just ignore you? Maybe he just hasn't realize his feelings for you yet but I bet he goes crazy just thinking about you." She winked.

"Ew. That's just your own imagination and conclusion. And enough with the L.Joe crap talk already. I seriously hate that guy." I groaned.

She stood up from her seat and I actually felt sorry since I might have been rude to her but I was seriously not in the mood to talk about L.Joe right now. And it seems that every single time I talk to her, all she could talk about is L.Joe, L.Joe, L.Joe. I'm actually starting to think that she actually likes him.

And what she said doesn't even makes sense, L.Joe liking me? Please. I'm the last person who he'll fall for honestly. And why does she keep on forcing me with L.Joe? It's like ever since he transferred, she's been saying that L.Joe and I should date. It's as if she already ship us and made a couple name already.

She came back with a tray in her hand and sat back down again. In her tray were my favorite food, a slice of pizza, mashed potato, and some macaroni and cheese.

"I thought you were on a diet?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, I am. This isn't for me, it's for you. Eat up." She said and pushed the tray towards me as she grabbed her own lunch box that was filled with strawberries.

I smiled as I gave her a hug. "As expected from my best bud! You really do know how to cheer me up." I quickly ate my food and happily munch on it.

"Why do I feel like a mom of a five year old?" She sighed. "By the way, so what are you going to do now? With Mark, I mean."

"I guess I will have to talk to him."

 

I haven't seen Mark the whole day in school, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing but I did bump into L.Joe a couple of times. He did say a few annoying things but he didn't bother pushing any further it's as if he knew what was up with me.

I quickly changed into a plain shirt, jogging pants, and rubber shoes in the girls' locker room for dance practice. I head out and went to the practice room, everyone was already there, including L.Joe who was busy talking with Angela. I didn't know if it was just me but I had a feeling that Angela is interested in L.Joe, I mean by the way she giggles and curls a strand of her hair with her finger, it was already easy to tell that she was. If only she knew that L.Joe was the type of guy who breaks a girl's heart.

L.Joe suddenly turned his head away from Angela and spotted me. As if on cue, Angela also turned her head and as soon as she saw me, she quickly came rushing down towards me. "Hey Stacy."

"You seem to be in really good mood." I told her.

"Umm yeah but I don't think you'll be after I tell you something." She said sadly.

"What is it?" I asked as I sat down on the floor and tied my hair into a ponytail.

She sat down beside me and crossed her legs, "About your dance part for the program this coming Saturday, we thought that you should change your choreography to something more exciting, where the audience will really get attracted towards you and L.Joe. Don't get me wrong, your dance is really good but it's just that everyone's doing the same concept so we thought that maybe you should change yours?"

"But it's not just you who's changing the choreography, me and the girls are also changing our part. And plus, since L.Joe doesn't get a lot of parts in your previous dance since it's a solo.. and I was thinking that maybe it would be better if he doesn't just seem like a back-up dancer but the two of you more look like a duo! What do you think? Do you think you can change it?" She asked as she bit down her bottom lip.

"I don't know... it may not be able to make one in just five days.." I mumbled.

"It's just that... I really want the program to be wonderful, you know? Especially since this is my first year being the club president and leader, I want this to be memorable for everyone. Please Stacy? Can you do it? And you have L.Joe to help you with the steps." She pleaded with her round puppy eyes.

"Fine. By the way, did L.Joe suggested the whole duo thing with me? And the help me with the steps thing?" I asked as I had a feeling this was part of his plan.

"No, he didn't. Why? Are you guys in a fight?" She asked back.

"Not.....really." I said.

"Anyway, thanks a lot Stacy! I knew I could count on you!" She beamed and went towards the other girls so that they can fix their steps as well.

I looked towards L.Joe, who was also sitting on the floor, playing with his phone. The other guys didn't mind him and went off with their own business even if they weren't doing anything either besides playing and joking around.

Then I realized that he actually doesn't have any friends, nobody talks to him or says hi to him when they see him. He was a loner. I began to think that maybe he was just being like that with me since he had no friends here, in his new school. Maybe he transferred schools because of that particular reason too? But I thought about it again, he wasn't one of those loser types that will get ignored. He has looks despite that he's quite short for a guy and he's good in dancing and...I don't know. I don't know anything about him besides those two since I didn't really gave time to get to know him or anything that involves something with him.

I found myself going to his direction and sat down on the floor beside him. He looked at me but I didn't glance back at him. "Did Angela already inform you that we need to change the steps?"

"Huh? Uh yeah." He nodded.

"Good, I don't need to tell you then." I said.

And after that, we didn't speak to each other, not a single word. So I just grabbed one of my notebooks in my bag and started scribbling some possible ideas. I could feel him looking at what I was writing and drawing but I didn't look up. It actually felt weird since this wasn't the usual him, if he were the L.Joe that I knew then he would probably grab my notebook away from me and started laughing at how horrible my drawing looks. But he didn't, he was awfully quite and it made me feel... uncomfortable.

The dance practice came to an end just like that, me and L.Joe not speaking to each other but just stare at the floor or sometimes at our phones.

 

As we were heading home, L.Joe was a few centimeters away from me. I didn't know but my anger towards him about last Saturday completely vanished and turned into curiosity and worry. I got up my courage and went to walk beside him, he didn't seem to notice me until I spoke up. "So about last Saturday... you blew up my date."

"Oh yeah, about that, I'm sorry." He apologized, which was totally not like him.

"You also said that you wanted to be friends? Don't you have any friends at school Byunghun? I mean I just noticed that you don't and I thought that maybe that's why you were acting like that with me.." I said carefully. "Did you transfer schools because nobody liked you there?"

He then stopped walking and I did too, "What are you doing?" He asked.

"What? I'm just suddenly curious about you and as to why you moved here. I mean you're Korean and your parents are in Korea, then why are you here?"

"Stop asking. It's none of your business."

He rushed past me and went inside the apartment, leaving me confused in the corner of the street of the apartment building.

 

 


Note: Hello, I'm back with chapter 12. Sorry it took me a long time to update... :-( I will try my best to give you another update next week! I'm really sorry! Hope you guys liked this chapter! And please please comment down below so that I'll know how you guys think and feel! Also, comments give me strength to keep updating! <3