2.

Things We Don't Understand

 

"Books, check. Pencils,check. Lunch, check." Xiumin threw his bag over his shoulders and took one last look at himself in the mirror before skipping down the stairs.

    " I'm ready~." He stated twirling a bit for his mother to see his full outfit. " You look nice. Be careful today okay?" Xiumin nodded and hugged his mother tightly before leaving. He knew she would be worried, and he decided that he'd send her a text at lunch to reassure her things were going fine. Which he hoped they would be.

    The ride there was kind of long. When he got close though, he decided to have the driver drop him off a little always. He didn't want to draw unnecessary attention to himself on his first day. When he reached the gate, he was please that the school seemed to be as peaceful has he had hoped. Students were strolling around outside and it wasn't overly crowded. This school was way smaller than his last one, which made him feel more comfortable. There were a few curious eyes that watched as he went into the school but nothing bad. He just looked around as if he didn't notice. Xiumin ventured through the school to his new classroom. He heard a Who is he a couple of times, but nothing other than that. His homeroom turned out to be the classroom he explored on the first day. He stepped into the room but looked around not sure where to go.

"Hello? Are you Kim Minseok?"

He turned to a older man standing the right of him.

"Ah, yeah. Today is my first day. And I prefer Xiumin." He bowed and the teacher nodded.

"Note taken. Welcome. I'm Teacher Han. Choose any seat you'd like. Everyone that comes to class is here so don't worry about taking anyones seat." Xiumin nodded and proceeded to the back, where he took his usual seat by the window. He had a complete view of the flower beds in the school yard. Content with his spot, he looked around the room. There were groups spread out everywhere but they weren't rowdy, which he appreciated. 

"Ah, Kim Minseok." He turned to the unfamiliar voice in front of his desk.

"Hi, I'm Sulli. Class President." She spoke really quickly and it took a minute for him to understand.

"Oh, Hi. Sorry, my Chinese is a little rusty. You can call me Xiumin." He fumbled.

"It's okay. I just came over to welcome you, and tell you if you need anything to just ask." She bowed and he nodded with a stuttered thanks. He watched her walk back to her group of friends that all seemed to now be looking at him. He waved shyly, not knowing what else to do. They all seemed to be in a daze because they didn't look away until Sulli reappeared. Xiumin wondered if he maybe had something on his face.    

     The rest of class, nothing really happened. Mr.Han went on about some kind of class Olympics they'd be having soon. Xiumin wasn't really interested so he watched out the window. He was really bored until he saw a matted mess of multicolored hair peak up from the bottom of the window. He watched as his struggled in the wind until finally a face was pushed up. The struggling face seemed to be very surprised by Xiumins presence. They both just looked at each other and then all of the sudden the other sunk back under the window. Xiumin wondered if he was seeing things and decided to lay his head down on his desk.   

 "Yo." Xiumin almost fell out of his chair. The person from behind the window was now behind him and startled the out of him by whispering in his ear.

"Calm down, geez." The other said, sitting in the desk behind him. He seemed to look Xiumin up and down. "And who are you exactly, cute stuff?" Xiumin had no idea what he just said. The other boy seemed to have a lisp that messed with Xiumins understand. So, he turned around.

"Hey! Are you ignoring me?" Xiumin didn't respond. Still not sure what was going on.

"Hey~!" The other boy had risen to whisper in Xiumins ear again. The warm breath tickled his ear and startled him again. XIumin turned around in his seat.

"Could you stop? I'm sorry I don't know what you're say-" The other boys lips were now on his. He pulled away, his face completely red and he felt confused. 

"Oh~ Kay~. I'm Sehun, who are you?" Sehun was smirking. Probably intrigued by the very embarrassed Xiumin.

"X-Xiumin." He stated. He wasn't sure how to react but he didn't want that to happen again so he answered. "Please stop messing with me."

"No can do. You are too cute." Xiumin narrowed his eyes at the boy in confusion and turned around in his seat. 
 

   Xiumin had just met a very confusing person.
*******
    After figuring out that Sehun was in all of Xiumins morning classes, they ended up becoming friends. Xiumin was ecstatic that he had made a friend so nice already, even if it was in a weird way. He figured out that Sehun was very much into skin ship. He kept grabbing Xiumins hand and hugging him from behind. The other was a lot taller that Xiumin so he basically draped himself over him, which earned chuckles from him. It was a kind of closeness he had never experienced so He wasn't quite used to it. He liked skin ship. 

"Xiumin! Come eat lunch with me~" Sehun was playing wth Xiumins hand, while he used the other one to hold up a book he was reading. Sehun realized he was fully immersed in the book and didn't hear him. So he snatched the book.

 

"Yah! I said come eat lunch with us." 

"'Us'? Like your other friends? I don't want to intrude..." Sehun just laughed and pulled him up. "You won't. You are so shy, they'll have a field day with you."

Xiumin wasn't quite sure what that meant but he followed as Sehun dragged him and his things down the hall. He was nervous about what Sehuns friends were like. He covered is mouth with one of his free hands, just in case they tried greeting him like Sehun had.

    "Guys! I brought a surprise!" They were in the music room now and Xiumin was slightly hiding behind Sehun. He looked at those sitting in the chairs and on the piano. They all got up. "What is it this time Sehun?"

"It better not be dead."

"Is it food?"

Sehun swatted at the air. "Guys, shut up! I brought a person. Meet Xiumin, he's new." Sehun brought him from behind him and Xiumin looked around, a bit flushed. 

"H-Hi~." He waved a small wave and then looked at the ground.

"I call him." Said a boy heading towards him. He was swiftly stopped by a very tall boy next to him. "Baek, shut up." He swatted at his head

"I'm Chanyeol." The tall one smiled. Xiumin and Chanyeol bowed to one another. Then Chanyeol brought forward the other boy. "This idiot is Baekhyun. Ignore him." Xiumin laughed at that, and nodded. Baekhyun gave a defeated sigh and a mumbled,"Kkaebsong." 

"I'll introduce the rest. That's Yixing," Sehun pointed to a very tired looking boy who smiled lazily in there direction and offered a tiny wave. "This is Kyungsoo." He gestured to the boy glaring at him from the piano.

"He doesn't mean to glare, I promise." Xiumin nodded and bowed to them all again.

They all sat at a long table in the front of the room and ate and talked. Xiumin was uncomfortable with eating around people still, so he nibbled his food and they all chattered about. He stayed quite and enjoyed the atmospere around him. It was like in movies. They all talked about how classes and threw food at one another. It was warming to see how close they were. Xiumin wanted to be that close to someone too. He pouted into his food, feeling slightly jealous of the others when the door behind them slid open.

"Luhan! Where have you been?" Chanyeol asked, throwing a bread package at him. He caught it and smiled gratefully.

"I had another confession." He sighed, laying on top of the piano, opening the bread.

They all stared at him in silence for a moment.

"Well? What happened?" Baek asked."No skipping out on the details." These are always really interesting."He informed Xiumin.

He stayed silent and the rest of them sighed.

"I'm guessing the same thing as always happened." Kyungsoo sighed. "He got a confession letter-"

"He read it and went to meet the girl-" Chanyeol continued.

"He rejected her without even listening to her confession." Lay finished. He pretended to tear up and Chanyeol consoled him, also pretending to cry.

"Wrong~." Luhan cooed, mouth filled with bread." It was a boy."

"Same difference." Sehun swatted and continued eating his food.

"What is a confession?" Xiumin finally spoke up.

". . ."

Even Luhan now turned to Xiumin who was tucked next to Sehun. The staring made him uncomfortable though so he looked down.

"You really don't know?" Xiumin looked up and shook his head at Sehun. They all looked really surprised. What was a confession? Was it weird not to know?

He tilted his head still confused and looked at Sehun.

" A love confession Xiumin! When people give you letters and ask you to meet them somewhere so that they can confess their love for you? How do you not know?"Sehun laughed in disbelief.

"You can't tell me you have never been confessed to! You are very attractive Xiumin." Lay spoke, pointing at Xiumins face.

Xiumin blushed and ran a hand through his pink locks. "Ah, Thanks, but I really haven't. I wasn't really talked to in my last school." He stated. "I have never really liked anyone either."

They all grabbed there hearts like they had just heard the biggest shock of their life. Luhan sat up from the piano and looked at him finally. Xiumin just laughed and swatted the air at the boys. Baek got up and ran to the other side of the table.

"You are so pure!" He exclaimed, arms around Xiumin's neck. Sehun pushed him away. He then looked as if he'd just realized something, and he smiled mischievously at Xiumin and then at the others. Out of nowhere his maniacle laughter filled the room. He laughed so hard that he fell out of his chair.

"What the hell is your problem!?" Chanyeol sighed. "What did you do?" Sehun stumbled to sit back in his chair and patted Xiumins back. Before looking into his eyes and tilting his head, Sehun asked him cheekily.

"Was I your first kiss Xiumin?"

It took him a minute to comprehend what Sehun said. He seemed to think about it and then nodded. "I guess you were." He laughed.

"SEHUN!" Everyone yelled simultaneously. It just made him laugh harder.

"Is it really that big of a deal?" Xiumin didn't think it was that big of a deal. It was just a kiss it didn't mean anything.

They all just shook their head. Luhan continued staring though. Xiumin was confused and met his eyes. They stared at each other for a long time. The bell rang though, breaking them from their trance.

Luhan continued to watch Xiumin as he walked out, hand in hand with Sehun.

"Hey, Xiumin, Skip class with me."

"Sehun it's my first day, I'm not skipping classes."

"Come one~," He leaned in close to Xiumins ear, lowering his voice to a whisper,"I want to see what other firsts I can take-"

Needless to say, Luhan surprised both himself, Xiumin and Sehun when he dashed out of the room, grabbed Xiumin's hand from Sehun and stormed down the hallway, dragging him behind.

"Damn you Luhan! I will have him!" Sehun yelled loudly confusing the other boys. Luhan just ignored him and kept running, a confused Xiumin linked to him.

*

"Okay, Where to?" Luhan and Xiumin were both panting. They had run for a long time before Xiumin reminded him that they weren't being chased.

"Uh, here actually." Xiumin gestured to the classroom next to him and they both walked in. Luhan was in the same class and he took his respective spot and Xiumin was lucky enough to get another window seat. They didn't talk the rest of the hour, which left Xiumin a little disappointed.

Luhan sat with his head down, trying to get his heart to stop beating so fast.

He hoped Sehun wouldn't ask questions about what he did today, because he didn't now if he had the answer.

******

The day felt so normal and not at the same time. School was the same in the fact that the lessons were way too easy and he didn't pay any mid in class, but it was dfferent in the fact of how comfortable Xiumin had already become. He had made friends even. When he texted his mother at Lunch she was estatic and told him to invite them over soon, but that would be weird right? He thought maybe he should wait until they were closer.

School was over nw so he took his things and was surprised to see his car already waiting by the ate. He didn't think he'd ever get used to such a luxery. Just as he was pulling the door open-

"Xiumin!" He turned around to Chanyeol waving running toward him, the others following. Even Luhan was there, but he seemed to avoid looking Xiumins way.

"Oh hey~."

"I missed you~! Don't leave me again~." Sehun draped himself over the other boy who just laughed and patted his back.

"You wanna go play basketball with us?" 

He didn't know if he should being that he told his mom he would come home right after school, but he decided he'd text her instead.

"Sounds great, I'll take us." He gestured toward his car and they all clapped teasing their hyung as they climbed in. It was limosine style so there were a lot of seats. Sehun made sure to keep a spot open next to him for Xiumin.

The car headed toward their destination and Luhan watched as Sehun flirted with the oblivious Xiumin, holding his hand in his. He felt himself seeth with a protective feeling over the pink haired boy but he tried to ignore it. He didn't understand this feeling he'd never felt before. He felt it since he heard him speak for the first time today. He knew that voice.

 

***Flashback***

"It seems you Fatehr and I will be gone for another month. It really can't be helped. We are important people Luhan!" His mother was calling for the first time in weeks. this wasn't new,though. They hadn't been home in months.

"I understand."

"I will put more money in your account. Don't call. If you need something buy it."

She hung up without even saying goodbye. All Luhan could do was sigh and wonder why he had become accustomed to this. 

He grabbed his things and headed out the door for the bus that took him to school. He had a car of course, it used t wait for him every morning, but he never took it. He didn't want anyone to know that he was wealthy. It brought too much attention and he got enough of that at school already. 

The bus ride was the same as every morning which is extremely boring. His morning ride lightened up though, when baekhyun got on. It was always funny to watch Baekhyun piss and moan about how school started too early, usually getting him into fights with whoever sat around that got annoyed with his jabber.  Baek wasn't good at arguing but he spoke such gibberish in the morning that the other party eventually gave up. He would high five Luhan, like he'd one a video game or something.

School was as boring as ever. Luhan would usually skip the classes he was the best at and go sleep somewhere. You could usually always find him in the music room, on the piano. He loved playing the piano. It was one of the only things that gave him any good memories of his family. When he was little and his parents were home more often, his mother would give him lessons and his father would applaud him, always encouraging his skills. Now, though, he played just to feel the music take al his anxiety of the day away.

School was out now and he didn't really feel like going home. He told Baek to tell the rest of their friends that he'd see them tomorrow and he headed to the music room to play.

He sat down and carressed the keys. He took a deep breathe and let his emotions flow though his hands. 

Luhan closed his eyes, enjoying the soft words of the song until he realised, he wasn't singing. The voice was better than him, in fact. He didn't want the song to stop but when it did, so did the voice. Luhan waited to hear somebody leave but he didn't see anyone else in the room. But then, there was a shadow from behind the door and he was quick to ackknowledge it.

"You have a beautiful voice stranger."

He waitied for a reply and then door door opened slightly. "Sorry for disturbing~." the door shut quickly and the shadow darted down the hallway before Luhan could reach it. 

******

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

What did ya think?

I tried to make it longer. Which I will try to do evertime. Exams are just really killing me right now. If any of you could help me memorize my polyatomic ions , I'd gladly update sooner~ xD

I hope this wasn't too ty. I have some evil plans for this story(:

Thanks for reading and subscribing!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧