4.

Things We Don't Understand

The rest of the day Luhan watched over Xiumin very closely. Ever since early he had been very worried. He wanted what could have possibly happened to him to have been so disturbed by the question. He didn't pry though, that would be rude. He and Xiumin continued to dominate the court until the others got tired and called it quits and decided to enjoy the snacks his mother(and Kyungsoo, as he kept reminding them) had prepared for them.

"Ah, so tired. I think it's time we head home guys." They all nodded in agreement.

"Chanyeollie can I come over?" Baekhyun whined from his spot next to him. Chanyeol ooked skeptical until Baekhyun whined." Come on, your family loves me and mine is annoying. Please~?" He gave a pout and Chanyeolliessighed heavily and finally agreed. Xiumin thought the whole show was quite cute. Especially the way Chanyeol seemed to be so flustered over Baekhyun who also seemed to enjoy his reaction.

They all piled back in Xiumins car and to his surprise, this time Luhan had saved him a seat. Luhan pated the seat next to him and Xiumin sat down gratefully. He was very tired after everything, and he still had thoughts running through his head about earlier. Of course he'd expected someone to ask about his old home at some point and he thought he was prepared to blow it off, but..He also hadn't expected someone to ask him with such a sincere face and worrying eyes. He just broke down and he didn't mean to. Luhan calmed him down before they got back thank god but he didn't know why it was so easy to breakdown in front of Luhan. He was grateful it was him and not one of the other ones.

The park they had been turned out to be a little bit of a trip away from all their homes that also happened to be all on different parts of town. This resulted in a both a sleepng Baek and a sleeping Xiumin. Lay was dropped off first, then Kyungsoo(after taking Xiumins mothers number from his phone so that he could text her a thank you later on and swap recipes). Chanyeol whispered his goodbyes as he carried Baekhyun out of the car and to his house, leaving Sehun, Luhan, and Xiumin.

Sehun glared daggers at Luhan while he was simply ignoring everything but the tiny being sleeping soundly in his lap. Luhan was mindlessly playing with his hair when Sehun cleared his throat quite loudly, causeing the smaller to stir in his sleep.
"Sorry, I thought I'd break you out of your trance lover boy." He smirked, eyes still cold.

"Oh off. Whats that suppossed to mean?" Even though he asked, he understand what Sehun meant. He was embarrassed at how obvious he is, but he really can't help it. He feels very protective over him.

"I can't believe you chose to fall in love with the person I totally called dibs on!" Sehun pouted. "I thought we were friends." He huffed and made a mocked pain in his heart. Luhan laughed lightly at his best friend. Sehun watched as the realisation hit his best friend of what he'd just said and he scoffed at his stupidity. " And here I thought you were in love with that voice you heard the other day. They are going to be very dissapointed."
It was Luhans turn then because Sehun had no clue. He smiled so wide and he looked down at Xiumin in his lap.

"It's him, isn't it!" Sehun suddenly shouted after watching Luhan. This of course woke up Xiumin, who to Luhans dismay, rose from his lap. Sehun looked to Luhan shocked waiting for an answer of which he got with a glare and a head nod.

"Sehun-ah, you are so loud." Xiumin whined, rubbing his eyes. Sehun could only gape at Luhan, who was still mad that Sehun had woken Xiumin up. 

Xiumin laid against Luhans shoulder just in time for the care to stop at Sehuns house. After sneakily throwing Luhan a 'Hwaiting!' sign, he stepped out of the car. "Goodnight Children." He cooed, earning dissapproving air swats from the two oldest. He only laughed and shut the door. The rest of the ride was pretty quiet. Xiumin continued leaning on Luhan, and at some point had intertwined their fingers. Luhan didn't mind. He enjoyed this closeness. He's not big into skinship really, unless it's Sehun, because it's Oh Sehun and he does what he wants, but he was happy Xiumin liked it. He enjoyed baozi skinship.

"Luhan do you live close to me or is the driver going in the wrong direction? Xiumin questioned, looking out the window. Luhan smiled but didn't answer until they arrived at his house.

That actually happened to be the house right next to Xiumins.

"Really?" Xiumin laughed in disbelief. " You should have said something earlier." Then out of nowhere he hit Luhan in the arm, hard.

"What was that for!?" He scoffed.

"Why haven't you greeted our family into the neighborhood?  have been here all summer, we could have become friends sooner!" He kept hitting Luhans arm harshly until the other surrendered.

"Okay, Okay! I'm sorry! How can I make it up to you?" Luhan pleaded, earning an aprroving smirk from Xiumin. He seemed to be thinking about his request when his phone rang.

"Hello? Oh Hey Mom. No, I'm outside in the car right now with Luhan. I was scolding him because he's our neighbor and he didn't even say 'Hi' once this summer!" Luhan bowed his head apologetically at Xiumins mother through the phone even though she couldn't see. 

"Are you sure? I mean I wouldn' mind but..Ah! No okay. Yes. I will. Okay, see you in a minute." He said ending the call.

"Would your parents mind you coming to dinner at my house?" He was definitely embarrased asking but his mother insisted and she always got her way. 

Luhan on the other hand was estatic. " They aren't even home so don't worry about it. I would totally love too." He couldn't remember the last time he didn't eat fast food or ramen. Plus, he really wanted to see Xiumins room.

Xiumin was very happy with that answer and so the two emptied from the car and headed inside, where his Mother was once again in the Kitchen.
"Welcome back boys! Luhan are you sure your parents really won't mind? I don't want to take you from them.." 

"No ma'am. My parents are gone away for their jobs, so it's no problem." He said quickly, easing Mrs.Kim's worried face. She smiled a smile almost as beautiful as Xiumins and nodded.

"Okay, then you boys can hang out while I finish up okay? I'll call you when it's done." They nodded and headed toward the stairs when Luhan was suddenly hit on the back of the head. He scoffed and turned around to see a bun on the ground in front of the kitchen and a wide smile spread across Mrs.Kim's face. "That's for not visiting us when we first moved in." She turned and kept cooking laughing to herslef as Xiumin pushed Luhan up the stairs laughing at his astonished facial expression after his mothers antics.

Luhan was leaning out of the window in Xiumins room that just so happened to be directly across from his own bedroom window. He made the mental note to actually sleep in his room more often.

Xiumins room was very clean. With vintage floral furniture, it definitely fit Xiumins personality. It was composed of all pale blue and purples and pinks. What definitely surprised him though was the mass amount of books. Books completely filled two whole walls, not to mention there were stacks all over the room, Luhan now noticed.

"Sorry about the mess, I don't have people over often." Xiumin shyed, going to pick up the books he had left on his bed and side table. He hadn't expected to talk to anyone at school today, let alone have anyone over, and now he felt like a slob. The look on Luhans face scared him. It was that blank expression where he couldn't tell what he was thinking, and it worried Xiumin very much.

" Have you read all of these?"Luhan finally asked, running his hand over some astronomy books left up on the shelf. There had to be over a 500 books in this room. Not to mention he saw that they had another little library downstairs.

"Yeah..they just kind of accumalated." Xiumin was freaking out. He had had such a nice day with everyone. He was going to ruin it. He could feel it. He wiped his sweaty palms on his pants and plopped down on his bed. Laying his head back. Xiumin let his stress drip into the sheets of his bed that comforted him.

At first glance Xiumin looked like some cute kid, but under that is someone very wise, Luhan thinks. Someone whose been through a lot. 
Luhan removed himself from the book shelves and found his way to Xiumin over on the bed. He was staring up at the ceiling, spacing out. Luhan wasn't sure that he felt him lay net to him, so he grabbed Xiumins hand and started playing with the tiny fingers it held.

"Do you remember all of the things in those books?" Luhan finally asked.

"Y-Yes." He covered his face with a pillow, just in case .

"Why are you hiding your face?" Luhan let go of his hand and tried to pry the pillow from his friends face, but with no luck. He was a lot strong than he looked. After 5 minutes of trying to get the pillow away frm his face Luhan finally gave up, he settled for sitting on the other ones stomach as punishment.

"L-Luhan!" 

"Ha! That's what you get for removing the pillow!" He laughed putting more of his weight on the other as he leaned back. Happy from the noise he recieved fro the smaller next he couldn't help but laugh. He could finally see Xiumins face and it was beat red. Which was the perfect shade on him.

"Would you mind if I borrowed some of your books?" 

"You actually want to read them?"

"Of course." He said moving so that his head was on Xiumins stomach. "I have my own library but I've read all of the books. You have a different variety."

Xiumin was speechless but very happy. He thought he was the only person interested in his books. He could only smile wide at the ceiling.
Luhan and Xiumin were in a comfortable silence when the intercom Xiumin had forgotten they had sounded, both of them jumping.

"Boys! Dinner is ready!"

************
Luhan got a long more than well with Xiumins parents. During dinner, it wasn't quiet and awkward. They didn't sit so far away from each other at the table that they could barely reach one another. It was nice. They were nice. 

Xiumin talked a lot more around his parents and Luhan noticed he stopped trying to hide his accent. It felt so refreshing to see a family as close as thiers. His Dad asked about their day and listened intently at everything they said. he asked Luhan how he liked ths school, since he was worried how Xiumin would get a long with it. Luhan saw the panic on Xiumins face that something might slip out of her fathers mouth but he quickly diffused it by reassuring Xiumins Father that the school was good, and that everyone liked his son. Which was true, though he wouldn't admit he might like him too much.

After dinner, Luhan offered to help Mrs.Kim with the dishes. She washed and he dried as they talked and he praised her dinner.

" Thank you Luhan." Mrs. Kim finally, putting the last of the dishes away.

"Oh, no problem. I do my own dishes at home so."

"Ah, yeah thanks for that but thats not what I meant." Mrs.Kim turned to Luhan and offered a small smile. " As you probably know, Xiumins a special kid. He's a bit shy and he hasn't had it easy. When he said he wanted to go back to school-"

"Back?" Luhan interrupted, apologizing as he did so. "Did he quit?"

She shook her hands,"No, no. The school he had gone to previously..We ended up homeschooling him because of an incident." She crossed her arms with a sad expression.

Luhan could see where this was going and he didn't want to make her continue. "Mrs.Kim, I understand. I would rather wait for Minseok so explain things to me himself though. Don't worry, I don't plan on leaving him any time soon." He said softly. He didn't know if she caught what he meant, but the smile that replaced her frown told him she accepted his answer. 

"I'm such a sap its gross sometimes. Come, let us go see what our boys are up too" Luhan understood and followed her into te living room where Xiumins father had, to Luhans excitement, opened up his baby pictures.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update! It;s not great, but hey! It's an update. (:

Thank you to all of those that have subscribed and UPVOTED HOLY CRAP.

I didn'th think I would get one let alone 5.

I will continue to try my best.

I love you~

(/ ^ o ^)/~~<3