Soulmate

Red Blood Moon—Edited—

"A blood moon is just another name for a lunar eclipse, this is a rare phenomenon that happens almost every 10 years.In many cultures, the blood moon means bad things to come,in others it is intepretated as a blessing;regardless of its meaning,the blood moon is a mysterios ocurrence."

"The blood moon recieves its name from the rare color(red,blood red or wine red) that it acquires during the lunar phases.This happens because the moon eclipses the sun causing the moon  to reflect an orange-like color,until it reaches its major point,when it turns completely red."

The words echoed in the boy's mind.He didn't really know why this eclipse mattered so much to him.The boy told himself that it was mere curiosity,nothing more,but deep down,he knew,it was something elsea strange feeling boiling inside his hearta feeling that he couldn't quite name.

"Tao what are you doing?" A voice brought him back from his thoughts 

"Oh God Luhan ,you scared me!" The boy let out a shaky breath as he put his hand over his heart,looking a bit exalted by his brother's sudden appearence.

"Sorry I didn’t mean to" Luhan sat beside Tao on the bed and ruffled his hair in an affective way "It's just that I heard you mumbling and decided to see what were you up to"

Tao closed his laptop with a nonchalant shrug "Not much, just reading some information about the lunar eclipse"

Nothing much,it wasn't quite a lie.Tthe eclipse is supposed to mean nothing,yet he had a strange kind of exitement or anticipation about tonight's event; however,his brother didn't need to know that.

"Ah yes, it’s tonight right?"

"Yep"

Luhan glanced at Tao with curiosity "are you going to see it?"

"maybe...I don't know..." Tao passed his hands through his crimson red hair,a habit of his when he's stressed or frustrated.His bother seemed to notice this too and looked at him curiosly.

"why is that?" Luhan studied his brother  "I know you've always like these supernatural things"

"Well,just that I remembered something mom used to tell me" Tao frowned at the memory of his mother.The boy wasn't close to his mother,so thinking about her made him feel uncomfortable.

"Huh?" This captured Luhan's attention. Tao thinking about their mother? Neither of the two were close to their mom,so why would we Tao thining of her?

"She told me never to go out during Blood Moons"

Luhan stared at him with confusion,what could made their mom say that?  "Why?"

Tao shrugged,closing his eyes in annoyance.He was frustrated,but for no reason apparently,at least not for a valid,rational reason  "I never knew why, I think is because she was a superstitious woman"

Luhan's eyebrows rose up for a moment,before he stood up from the bed and ruffled Tao's hair.

“I see, well I’m going to Sehun's house,try not to burn the apartment while I’m gone"

Tao lifted his eyebrows and teasingly pinched Luhan's cheeks "going to Sehun's uh? For what ,hmm?"

Sehun was Luhan's boyfriend since 4 months ago.Tao never really asked how the two met,but guessing from Luhan's constant happy moods and cheery smiles,his brother liked the other very much and by the way Sehun treated Luhanas if he was the most precious thing in the worldhe knew the younger liked his older brother too.They made a nice couple.Sehun being all posesive and nagging over Luhan,it was fun to watch him trying to scare away every moving thing that got near his boyfriend,even Tao himself sometimes .

Luhan puffed his reddened cheeks and swatted Tao's hand away "none of your business"

Tao laughed at his flustered ge's reaction "sure hyung, whatever you say"

Before Luhan left the house, Tao swore he heard Luhan mumbling something like "annoying brat" but he just laughed at it, his hyung was so easy to tease,especially whenever it involved his dear boyfriend.

'what to do now?" The boy pondered while he walk around his room and stared at the white ceiling 'Lu-ge left and I’m alone and bored'

After thinking for several minutes the boy came to a conclusion 'I’ll take a short nap' ,sat on the bed and hugged his panda pillow tightly.Lately he had been having weird dreams that kept him awake,sometimes for days other for weeks.It all started a month ago,with the announcement of the Lunar eclipse.

Everything turned bloody red; the lights, the streets, the moon. No sound was heard and he was alone or so he thought.

"Zitao" a deep voice whispered his name

"I've waited for you for a long" the same voice 

"w-what?" Tao stuttered, paralyzed

Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed him by his waist and pulled him towards something and Tao collide into someone's chest, he turned around and the only thing he saw were deep, red eyes glowing in the dark.

.....

Tao woke up, his heart pounding into his chest, almost like it was going to break free of his ribcage.His forhead covered in cold sweat and his whole body felt hot.

"What was that?" Tao questioned out loud,trying to clear his head from the misty fog that was around him  "It's the same dream every single time"

'I'll better breathe some fresh air'  The boy thought while getting out of the bed,maybe the cool air of the night will calm him down and clear his mind.

Tao grabbed his coat before going outside, when he reached the backyard everything was unusually quiet,the cold summer breeze gave him chills. He took a deep breath and turned around, looking for the moon and there's when he noticed it...the moon, it was red, crimsone red. The color covered everything,tinting the atmosphere with its red.

'Taozi, never come out during a blood moon, remember that my little panda' 

His mother's voice rang through his head,like an alarm ; nevertheless, he stayed outside, staring at the moon, he was mesmerized by its color. The red tint captivated him,lured him to feel it. Tao felt something weird, like a lingering feeling towards the moon.

"So beautiful" a faint whisper left the boy's lips,the red moon reflecting in his eyes.

"Indeed"

Tao froze ,that voice...

"Ah...you remember me" Such a silky,rough around the edges voice.

Tao didn’t turn around, he didn't want to. He was too scared--or was it something more--anticipation? anxiety?

"Scared or were you expecting me ,darling?" The voice talked again, but this time sounding like a soft purr in Tao's ear, sending chills down the boy's back.

"Did you miss me? Seeing you in visions is no where compared to having you so close to me"

"..."

Tao tried to move, but his body wasn't his anymore, it didn't respond to him,everything felt so heavy,a dense mist covering his vision,even his respiration seemed difficult right now.

"You shouldn't be out during a Blood Moon, Zitao"  The stranger clicked his tongue,as if scolding the boy  "such a reckless boy, you should've listened to your mother, little panda"

Zitao ,no one has ever called him that, but his name sounded delicate coming from the stranger's mouth.Tao could feel the other's body next to him and rather than feeling fear,he felt at ease.

"w-w-who are you?" Tao turned around and looked at the strangera rather handsome strangerHe was tall, with short black hair, sharp features and deep red eyes.

'red,like the moon...like blood',such a deep rich tint 

'The eyes are the window to your soul'

"Just a mere...admire of yours"

"what?"

"I've been watching you, Zitao "

"What do you want?" Even though Tao was utterly confused,rather than scared,he wasn’t going to let the stranger know that.

"You" The tall man approached Tao ,who backed up until he felt his back hit the house's wall.As the man approached to him, Tao closed his eyes, expecting the worst(and a small part of him expecting something else); pain or absolute blackness, but no pain came, no hurt, no blood, no blackness, instead, Tao opened his eyes and found the stranger smiling at him and then Tao saw the stranger’s fangs -sharp and slim fangs-  and before he could even formulate a sentence, the tall stranger reached Tao's cheek and caressed it,oh so softly, before planting a sweet kiss in his cheek.

Tao looked at him confused; he didn't have any idea of what was happening,but he wanted to know.

“Who are you?” Tao finally recovered his voice and inspected the stranger’s face, touching the sharp features and loosing himself in those deep red eyes.

The stranger smiled feeling Tao’s touch,closing his eyes and a low rumble erupted from his throat,as if he was purring in delight.

“I’m Kris” The stranger took Tao’s hand in his and enterwinded them  “and I’m a vampire”

'A what?'

Tao widened his eyes  “A-a-a what?”

“A vampire”

Tao took his hand away from Kris and looked at him incrdulously ’ “A vampire? A vampire, like in those movies of blood ers and that shine like diamonds? Those kind of vampires?”

Kris chuckled “No, I don’t shine under the sun, that’s just stupid, but I do need blood to live, either human or animal”

Tao started to trembler, looking at Kris with horror,his hands unconciously traveled to his throat “You want my blood?!”

Kris sighed, almost with sadness,taking Tao’s face in his hands,trying to calm him down  “No, no ,no ,I mean yes, I mean maybe, Oh God what am I saying?

Suddenly that tall, scary guy seemed incredibly flustered and vulnerable,as if he was never intimidating to begin with. Tao calmed himself to look at Kris, he seemed human, not a blood-er creature.

“I…” Kris ruffled his hair and took a deep breath “I need you…I…I love you”

'love'  such a foreign word to him.

People held love with such a high esteem and carefulness,because love is a double edged weapon that causes deep wounds,deeper than you could ever imagine.

Tao's eyebrows shot up “what?”

Kris smiled, but it was shy smile “Vampires live forever, right? Well after a period of time, vampires start to weaken and to slowly die, in other to stop that, we need our soulmate.Most vampires spend their whole life looking for a soulmate, for someone to share eternity, but there are so many people in the world that is almost impossible to find your soulmate and those who do find them, are very fortunate.During the Blood Moon is when vampires have their senses heightened, that’s when they can feel their soulmate’s scent and …Zitao…you are my soulmate ”

'You are my soulmate' 

‘What? Did he just confess to me?’  Tao’s mind couldn’t register what Kris had said

Kris scratched his back, embarrassed “yeah, I think I just confessed to you”

“You can read minds?!” Tao’s mouth felt agape

Kris shook his head, smiling at Tao’s reaction “no, not all minds, just my soulmate’s mind”

‘oh my God…is this happening? No…this must be a dream’

 “oh no darling, this is completely true as you see”  There it was again, the tall cocky guy from the first encounter “and you’ll have to accept it”

Tao glared at Kris offended,forgetting any of his confusion or shock “accept it? You can’t just come here and tell that you’re a vampire and that I’m your mate

Tao couldn’t keep talking, because Kris grabbed him by the waist and kissed him. The vampire took advantage of Tao’s rambling and kissed him, invading his cave with a wet,passionate but at the same time sweet kiss. Tao felt as if his legs were jelly, he needed to hold onto something, so he circled Kris neck with his arms. Kris, feeling the other leaning into him, hold him even closer, enjoying the other’s touch.

Promptly, Tao broke the kiss(even though he didn’t want, but he needed to breath, unlike Kris)  much to the vampire’s displeasure.

'A kissNo one had ever make me feel this way,it sounds stupidly cliche,but I don't care,that's exactly how I feel right now.'

“Did you just kiss me”  It sounded more like a statement than a question when Tao talked

“yes, and you kissed me back” Kris smirked, gallantly

To say that Tao was confused and shock,was an understatement.The kiss meant something more than just physical affection,oh no,it meant something deeper.As if Kris was a missing puzzle piece that he hadn't realized it was missing.

“Oh God what is happening?!”

Tao’s wrist started to glow and it felt warm, Kris inspected his wrist and kissed it, the glowing stopped and in return, there was a markor more like a tattooof a hourglass with two wings attached to the sides. Tao looked at his wrist. 

'A tattoo?' 'He kissed me,and now I have a tattoo?'

“what…is…this?”

“My mark” Kris simply answered.Tao didn't need to look at Kris to know that the other was probably smirking smugly.

“Mark?” 

Kris sourrounded Tao’s waist again and pulled him closer,his breathe ghosting over Tao's  “That means you’re mine now”


“Tao!” Luhan entered the house,cheerful as ever  “Tao I’m back, where are you?”

“In the kitchen!” Tao’s voice boomed through the house.

Somehting was different,Tao was different,he couldn't pin point what was it,but Tao had changed.Normally,Luhan would be worried if his brother acted weird,but this change didn't seem harmful.Tao actually seemed genuinly happy,more than he has ever been since they moved to Korea,leaving their homeChinabehind.

“What are you doing?” Luhan entered the kitchen,where he found his brother standing in front of the stove,cooking something that smelled quite nice,Kimchi maybe?

“Kimchi! ”  Tao answered happily and raised the spoon at him  “want some?”

Luhan looked at his brother suspiciously,his eyes squinting, and then at the spoon "Are you alright? You sound strangely happy”

Tao seldom times cooked,mostly during especial occacions or when he was really happy.Luhan guessed it was the second because he was completely sure that today was nothing especial.

“Yeah” Tao hummed with a present smile on his face before turning towards the stove to change the heat “I’m alright, don’t worry”

Luhan decided to ignore his strange behavior—for now because he was really hungry.

He stuck his finger in the pot, eating some of the kimchi  “Yum”  Tao was a really good cook when he wanted to

Tao cheekily pinched Luhan in the stomach,sending his brother teasing looks  “and what about you and you’re Sehunnie?”

Luhan blushed like a tomato and tried to change he topic when he noticed something his brother’s neck and he pulled down the shirt’s collar “What is that?!’

Tao nervously swatted Luhan’s hand away, covering the two parallel,small marks,like two perfect dots in his ivory neck “N-no-nothing”

Luhan lowered the collar of his own shirt,revelaing the same black ,almost invisible marks on his neck.Tao inmediatelly recognized them.The same marks as his,there was no doubt...'but who? ' 

'Sehun? That is the only possible explanation' ah well,looks like Luhan does not only likes Sehun,but he is actually his soulmate.Hmm,it does explain Sehun's overly possesive tendencies towards Luhan,not like he's complaining anyway'

Then both brothers looked at each other, both of their eyes widening in realization,their mouths gaping,both thinking the same.

“Do you know?” Luhan finally asked Tao, who merely nodded

“Is Sehun a…”  Tao let the words trail

“A vampire? Yes” Luhan sighed  “and you? What happened to you?”

“I met someone…”

When Tao answered he swore he saw Kris’ red eyes through the window of the kitchen and later that night, when Tao went to sleep, he woke up in the middle of the night, surrounded by Kris’ arms, he sighed in content when Kris kissed his head,softly as he nuzzled happily into the vampire’s neck.

“You’re mine now, Zitao, I’m not going to let you go”

'Thank you for being my missing puzzle piece'


I REGRET NOTHING OTL

Coment and review ^_^