Chapter 3

[on hiatus] One Visual V.I.P.

Chapter 3 



I was finally moving to a better and a bigger apartment today! My boss loved the show! I expected him to get mad at me but instead he had praised me for my “witty” remarks. 

I finished packing the last box and was now, moving them into the van that was going to be moving my furniture. 

Once we arrived to my new apartment I started carrying the boxes inside. On my way I bumped into someone which caused me to lose my balance. 

“I’m sorry!” the voice said. I know I heard that voice somewhere before. 
He pulled out his hand to help me stand back up. 

“Oh! Ohno-san. Hello. It’s okay.” I said, surprised to see him here. 

“Wait. Are you Akemi-san?” He asked looking puzzled. 

“Um, yeah.” 

“I couldn’t recognize you without the makeup.” He said, making hand gestures towards his face. 

I laughed, “Are you implying that I look hideous without the makeup?” I asked. 

“What? No. On the contrary I think you look better without it.” 

“Well, Thank you for the flattery,” I played along but I knew I was blushing. 

“Are you moving here?” he asked noticing the boxes. 

“Yes.” 

“Oh well then we will be neighbors. Good to know.” He said. 

“Really? Nice. Good to know that there is a neighbor that I know.” 

“You need help with that?” he asked. 

“Sure.” I said. There was no way for me to carry all these by myself. “It’s 
the 6th floor. Number 24,” I told him. 

“Oh you are moving into the empty one next to mine. We will be next door neighbors.” 

“Wow. Nice.” Who would have guessed? 

After we finished moving the boxes I invited him inside for a cup of tea as an expression of thanks and gratitude. 

“It’s okay. You still need to arrange your stuff. I can come over for tea maybe next time.” He smiled at me. 

“Sure, it’s a promise.” I said and he left. 

Wow, I had Ohno Satoshi as my next door neighbor. This was nice. Dang it. This meant there was a higher change for me to see that Ninomiya guy. I wanted forget about him. I hated arrogant people like him so why did I feel weird whenever I saw him? I could not get him out of my head ever 
since the recording. 

Before getting my new apartment the day after the Himitsu filming I had seen him on another channel since he was promoting his new drama. He just smirked at me and acted like I was not even there. What was he thinking, anyways? 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my doorbell rang. I went and saw Takeru standing outside my door. 

“Hello there, how did you know where I moved?” 

“Well I have my ways.” He smirked, “Aren’t you gonna invite me in? I have takoyaki!” he said holding up a paper bag in his hands. 

“Yay! You are the best friend ever!” I said and grabbed the bag from his hands. “Well, you can come in.” 

He seated himself comfortably on my couch which was in the middle of the living room. 

“You know instead of sitting on it you could have moved it closer to the wall first and help out a bit.” I told him. 

“Okay, come help me then.” He said and we moved the couch to its proper place. 

“Wait a second. I called you yesterday to ask you to help me moving and you said you had a date! You liar.” 

“Hey now, I did have a date.” 

“Then what are you doing here?” 

“I broke up with her.” He said nonchalantly. 

Eh? He was a guy of longer relationships, unlike me. “Eh? But you just dated her for a month.” I stated. 

“Well, I didn’t love her so I broke it off. No big deal.” 

“No big deal? Stop playing around with girls.” 

“I’m not—Look if you are going to lecture me, I’m leaving.” 

“Okay, I’ll stop.” Sometimes I blamed myself for him being like this, but I was too selfish to accept the facts. 

“So you’ll never believe this. You know that Ohno guy from Arashi? He lives right next door!” 

“Gosh, you sounded like a creepy fangirl for a second.” 

“What? Ugh whatever.” 

He laughed. 

“Don’t tell me! You are not going to use him to get close to Ninomiya-san right?!” he asked suddenly. Eh? Where did he get the idea from? But, I did mention him that I wanted to get back at Nino for being so arrogant towards me. He did not know about my maybe-blooming crush… But… 
eeh?! 

“Where do you get these ideas from? Nonetheless as crazy as it sounds I kind of like it.” I did like the smell of revenge. 

“Don’t be ridiculous. I was joking.” 

“I want to get back at him. If he falls for me than it is mission 
accomplished right?” 

“Wah! You really are an idiot! What if you fall for him and he doesn’t like you back?” 

“I’ve never fallen in love and I know that I’m not capable of such feelings.” I stated. 

His smiling face fell into a frown. “Well, I guess you really are cold hearted.” He sighed and got up, “Whatever, good luck on your mission! Ja ne!~” and he left. 

I called out after him “Aren’t you going to help me set up the house?” but he did not hear me. 

After a few hours of moving the furniture and organizing my DVDs and albums I was dead tired. I dragged the trash bag across the hallway towards the door. I had to take the trash out. 

As I was coming back into the apartment I saw Ohno-kun. It was quite late at the moment, nearly midnight. He had bags underneath his eyes. He must be coming from work I thought. 

“Ohno-san!” I called after him. 

“Oh. Akemi-chan.” He said, surprised. 

“Hello. So are you coming from work?” 

“Yeah.” 

He is a man of little words, I thought to myself. “Since I promised you, would you like to come over for tea?” I asked. 

“Isn’t it too late to drink tea? I won’t be able to sleep then.” He stated with a playful smile. 

“Oh yeah.” I said. “Well I know what to serve you then!” I said. I would 
drink this if I wanted to sleep. 

“What is it?” he asked me with a skeptical look. Oh c’mon, did he think I 
would drug him or something? I smirked. 

“Well, you need to come and see.” I told him and invited him in. “I’ll be ready in a second.” 

I came back with the drink a minute later. 

“Eh? Are you serving me milk?”He asked. 

“Do not underestimate the power of milk. It’s not just any milk.” I said proudly. “Just try it.” 

He took a sip, “it’s warm and super sweet. What did you put in it?” 

“Honey.” 

“Eh?” 

“Yeah.” 

“Wow.” 

“So drink it up and go to your own place to sleep. You will fall asleep immediately.” I told him. 

“Thanks.” 

“It’s nothing. Oh this doesn’t count for tea so I’ll serve you tea properly when I have time.” 

He laughed. “Okay, Akemi-chan.” 

I smiled. He finished his drink and left. It was unusual for me to be this comfortable around others this fast. Normally it would take months until I would be comfortable enough to joke around with them. Ohno-san did have a calming aura surrounding him and maybe that’s what made me warm up to him immediately. 

I decided to make myself one too before going to sleep. 

---

A/N: thank you guys for commenting and subcribing please continue to do so :)