Chapter 1

[on hiatus] One Visual V.I.P.

Chapter 1 



My manager walked in while I was getting my makeup done by my stylist. It took nearly an hour to finish all this weird makeup. I actually did not prefer any normally but on stage as a visual-kei artist I had to dye my hair in various neon colors and have bright-neon make-up on. The media called me a female version of SuG. My style was not like The GazettE- dark and gloomy- it was more neon and hyper and crazy. I was working with Pony Canyon after all. That was my personality. But this did not mean that I preferred extra makeup daily. 

“Yes, Nishikido-san?” I said towards my manager. 

“Akemi-chan, you will be appearing on a variety show this week.” He said happily. Oh no, I was never good at variety shows. The last time I appeared on HeyX3 I was a failure. I wasn’t that funny and I was extremely shy. I couldn’t make people laugh, unless I was comfortable around them. 

“But you know I’m not good with that stuff. Please cancel it.” I told him. 

“Well, you did request the company to move you to a better apartment right?” He asked. Oh. 

“Yes.” 

“Well, the boss said that if you want a new apartment you need to prove him your talents with this variety show.” 

“But-but…. Nishikido-kun! You know I’m not good with variety!” I pleaded. 

“Sorry Akemi-chan. I couldn’t say no.” He really looked sorry for it. 

“Ugh. What show is it?” 

“Well it is a sub-show under a variety show.” 

“what is it?” 

“VIP Room on Himitsu no Arashi-chan.” 

“What? This is bound to increase my antis. Their fandom is crazy! And you know I think Johnny’s is filled with self-conceited guys!” I added. 

“Well, you know our company has artists like those too! Not everyone is like you.” Well, the reason why I hated Johnny’s was because my first crush during high school applied for it and once he became a junior he broke up with me. I was heartbroken. Anyways… 

“And they are so rainbowish. I mean why do they have to act like it?” I use the term rainbow for guys who I think are well gay. I don’t have anything against them, I don’t care actually but I was trying to come up with some reasons to deny this show. 

“Well, our company has LM.C and they are rainbowish, too.” My manager argued. 

“Hey, LM.C are just—Okay I have no idea what they are- but I don’t care!” I respected that duo okay, he did not have to bring them in this conversation. 

“I just do not want to go on a show where there will be bazillion of stupid girls flailing over their hot idols!” 

“Well, you can argue forever but you are going on the show. Oh and you need to fill out this questionnaire.” 

“What’s this for?” 

“You’ve never watched the show right?” he asked, frustrated. I shook my head. He gave me a CD. 

“Watch this at home. I had recorded some of the episodes on my VCR for you. And then fill out this form.” 

“Hai.~” I said looking down. 

My stylist looked pretty annoyed as I kept on moving around. Well, I’ll just have to survive through the show. And maybe I’ll be able to break through my prejudice of Johnny’s boys. But I highly doubted it. 

When I went home after my schedule, I received a text from Takeru of SuG. He was a very fun guy. It was always nice to talk to him. I called him back. 

“Takeru-chan!~” I said in a sing-along voice. He was only a year older than me so I never had to be respectful towards him. 

“I told you to stop calling me that. It’s Takeru-kun.” He said. 

“It’s not my fault that you are so feminine.”I played along. 

“Taking care of how you look is not called feminine. It’s called metro.” He added. 

“Whatever. You still wear more glitter than I do.” 

“I’ll hang up now.” He said. 

“I’m sorry. I was kidding. I need a friend to talk to.” 

“Go ahead.” He said and let out a huge breath. 

“Are you smoking cigarettes again?” I asked him, pissed. How many times did I tell him to stop?! 

“Yes. Look you are not my mom. Why do you care?” he said. 

“You are a singer and it’s going to mess up your vocal cord that’s why.” I replied. 

“Okay, whatever. They are my vocal cords.” He said. What was I going to do with this guy?! 

“So what’s your problem?” he asked. 

Oh yeah. “I have to appear on a variety show!” 

“That’s it. Then go ahead. What’s wrong with that?” 

“You know sometimes I wonder why you are my friend. You know I at variety.” 

“Which show is it?” 

“Himitsu no Arashi-chan. VIP Room.” 

“Oh. Don’t worry; you don’t have to be funny on that show. Just talk about what you like about guys and then choose your Arashi ichiban.” He said. 

“Did you watch that show before?” 

“I think everyone who is around our age has at least watched it before. Don’t tell me you didn’t?!” he asked shocked. 

“I didn’t. Okay, you are no help. I’ll go watch it now bye!” I said furiously and hanged up. My phone buzzed. 

“Why did you hang up? Did I make you mad?”- The text read from 
Takeru-Chan. I ignored his text and placed the CD in my laptop. 

Sometimes I wondered how I even dated that guy for half a year! Well, I never dated people long enough. I had problem with falling in love. But I had to date and stuff to express my emotions in my songs. And he was my longest record, I guess being good friends also helped me to keep the relationship going… for a while at least. 

I pressed play and watched the DVD. The show was hilarious, actually. It was funny how they gave all their passion to do what the guest asked just to be chosen at the end. It was kind of pathetic (I wanted to see it as a pathetic thing) but deep down I liked how they tried their best to make their guest happy. 

I looked at the questionnaire.” My first impression each member”. I could not write something down by just watching two episodes. I went on Google and typed Arashi. I had to research them. This was going to be a long night. 

--- 

So... How was it? Comments are appreciated :)