If...

Our Intertwined Destiny

4xouMEc.jpg

< 001 >

If... 

Author's POV 

The next day, a boy keep puffing his chubby cheeks and was deep in his own little world while his friends are busy playing hide and seek, hiding intensely like it's an action movie and screaming full of drama when they are caught.

Pfft, this is the life of a bunch of elementary school kids.

Last night incident replaying endlessly on this boy head. It's strange but he just keep wondering about the safety of the little girl he saved last night.

*No- nope, Kim Myungsoo! Where is your pride? you obviously cannot be worried because of a brat that left you without a single thanks even though you already save her*. Myungsoo shaked his head and put his arm in front of his chest, like a sulky kiddo he is. But at least he thought that he was cool last night. Just like his favorite hero, power rangers. He grins widely, feeling proud.

"Yah, myung-ie! stop grinning, you looked like a chucky.." a boy who hide below a desk beside myungsoo make a face at him, feeling goosebumps because of his smile.

Myungsoo glared and shouted "Dongwoo-yah! nampoop is here!" he pointed at the direction where the poor woohyun is hiding. Dongwoo ran madly like a dinasour chasing his prey, nam woohyun with no mercy. This is what you call a fun game of hide and seek. Feeling satisfied, myungsoo crossed his legs while watching woohyun scream in agony when he was caught.

"Children~" sunny umma chirped loudly,but unfortunately the children who was too busy playing didn't even heard her voice. Sunny umma ran her fingers through her hair frustatedly  *These kids, how can they have an amazing talent to caused an uproar 24/7?*

"The one who closed their mouth will have a banana milk!" She shouted desperately, having no choice other than bribed them with banana milk. All of the children gasped and turned their mouth into a thin lips, some boys didn't even breath. Oh-for-the-sake of a single banana milk!

Sunny umma cleared and continued "Well then, starting today we will have a new family member. Say hello to Cho Yoonhee!" All of the children narrowed their eyes, realizing there's a little girl around their age behind sunny umma. "Yoonhee-ah! come on, say hello"  sunny umma whispered softly and dragged yoonhee a little forcefuly because she wont even bulge from her hiding spot.

Little myungsoo was curious of this new girl, the new family member. He gazes yoonhee from afar, observing her like she is a rare-different creature from the outer space. *She looks familiar* he squinted his eyes and tried to remember did he ever meet this girl before. Finally, realization hit the slow myungsoo. He figured out that she was the rude-little-girl that he saved last night. His mind started to wander, why did she come to our orphanage?

Yup that's right, this is the place that these children called home, and this place called "Sunny Orphanage", Sunny Umma was the one that took care of all of these children that didn't have a place to say nor parents.

*Then did her parents parents passed away..?* Myungsoo softened and took another glance at her.

Yoonhee shooked her head, her face is hiding behind her shining black jet hair like a curtain "Umm..I.." she stuttered awkwardly with a red face. Yoonhe is a shy girl, she just hates too much attention. With all of the kids staring at her like she's a famous actress, she is so nervous that she nearly puked. In the end she choose to ran away before she can introduce herself, out from the room. Sunny umma was shocked and turned to the kids who were looking at yoonhee who ran away confusedly. 

 "Hey hey don't stare at her like that, all of you are making her scared." sunny umma nagged in a motherly way and smiled softly "You kids try to be her friend, arasso? Now all of you can open your mouth, you will have your banana milk at lunch!" then she dashed out too, probably following Yoonhee. When all of the children mouth opened, the room was in chaos. Some were continuing the game that they played before and some gossipped about the new girl.

"What's wrong with the new girl running away like that?" a little boy named sungjong asked worriedly "Gyu-hyung, what do you think?"

"Umm.., bad hair day? I heard girls hate that A LOT" Sunggyu scratched his head innocently.

"You dummy, that's not it!Of course it's a bad tummy day,diarrhea!As always, Sungyeol is a GE-NI-US." Sungyeol clapped his hand, feeling proud of himself for solving the mystery. not.

"But I can't even saw her full version face" Dongwoo muttered dissapointedly.

"Yah! I already caught a glimpse of her face, she is really pretty!" Woohyun's eye twinkled.

"Namgrease, can you stop thinking about girls?" a little boy named Hoya mummbled at his friend flirty actions.

Myungsoo wordlessly and absent mindedly listened to his friends gossiping about Yoonhee noisily, they are exactly like a bunch of ahjummas that myungsoo sees every morning outside the market. He slipped out of their conversation quietly and go outside.

He doesn't know why, but he has an urge to meet her once again.

He ran outside the room and searched for yoonhee carefuly. He checked all of the room in the orphanage but she seemed nowhere to be found. *The garden in front of the orphanage!*  he snapped his finger thinking that it must be yoonhee's hiding spot. Without a second thought he dashed like a cheetah to the garden.

Lucky of him, he spotted yoonhee that was snuggling behind the tree.

"Ehem" Myungsoo cleared his throat, hoping she will notice his presence in front of her. Myungsoo pouted because of her lack of response. "AHEM" he cleared his throat again more loudly. Yoonhee was startled, she carefuly lift her head, meeting his gaze with myungsoo.

"It seems that we always meet at the garden, little girl!" He beamed at her. He was having a war with himself whether to take a sit next to her or not. But with his 'YOLO' life motto, he bravely sit exactly 3 cm next to her.

"Who.. are you?" she eyed him from head to toes. Myungsoo ears reddened because he was ashamed of his too familiar greeting to her.

"Your hobby is running, right? you ran too quickly for me to catch up last night" myungsoo gave a hint with his angelic smile.

"So you're.." Yoonhee eyes widened, she finally realized that he is the boy who saved her last night.

"That's right, I'm your knight!" He puffed up his chest and grin proudly. Yoonhe nodded without saying any response to him. Sielence in the air and 1 word describes this situation perfectly : AWK-WARD. Myungsoo gulped nervously and tried to start a conversation.

"Y-yah, can you open your mouth more oftenly?"  myungsoo stuttered, he wanted to hear more of her voice and get to know her. Yoonhee glanced at him while playing with her black hair nervously. 

"And.. why did you left me last night without saying a single thanks?!" he whinned while puffing his cheeks.Yoonhee was flustered, she didn't notice that she was rude to her saviour.

 "Kamsahanmida!" She suddenly stand up clumsily and bowed 90 degree panicly at little myungsoo who was staring at her wide eyed. Within a second he bursted out laughing because of her funny actions, already forgeting the awkward atmosphere from before and yoonhee was too confused of his sudden laughter. 

"You're really cute!" Myungsoo smiled widely at her and tapped her nose playfully. Yoonhee's face quickly went as red as a tomato and myungsoo chuckled. "Let's be friends!" he held his hand out and beamed at her.

"My name is Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo. Carved your knight name in your head, kay?" He smiled and waited for yoonhee to said her name too. Even though he already know her name, he wanted yoonhee to introduced herself personally.

"My name is Yoonhe. Cho Yoonhee." Yoonhee's lips slowly formed to a shy and sweet loving smile and she hesitantly took his hand.

 

If only I didn't took his hand that day.

If only we were one step faster or earlier last night.

Then maybe, just maybe, we're able to avoid our painful destiny, Myungsoo-ah 

 

4xouMEc.jpg

Okay, I literally checked and read this chappie over and over again to make sure it's not weird and there were no mistakes because this is the 1st chapter afterall ! *but sorry english is not my 1st language*

Please comment & subs 

Please give this fanfic lots of love <3<3<3

Kamsahanmida!!

-XOXO donghaejagiya