His vow

Our Intertwined Destiny

4xouMEc.jpg

< 002 >

His vow.

Author's POV 

"Cho Yoon hee. yoonhee.yonhee~" myungsoo chanted yoonhee's name with a warm smile on his lips over and over again as if it's some kind of magic spell. 

After the happy introduction that they've shared, they decided to go back to the orphanage for lunch. Even after the introduction,  yoonhee was still the same shy and awkward girl as she is before, but in the other hand little myungsoo was now determined to make her his BFF. 

"W..why are you keep saying my name..?" she stuttered and keep her head down as always.

"Because it's a beautiful name!" he beamed at her. "Cho means beautiful and yoonhee means lotus flower, right?" 

"Lotus flower..? I've never seen that before." she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh, there's a lot of lotus in the hill behind the orphanage! I'll show it to you tomorrow, okay?" he smiled at her. Yoonhee nodded and secretly smiled, she never knew that her name holds such a beautiful meaning and it made her happy to know the meaning of her name because only now she can know the wish that her parents wanted her to be and their love for her. She felt warm when she thought about her parents, but that warmth didn't last long, it quickly changed into sadness and pain.

"Yoonhee-ah.., what's wrong? Did the silly me blurted out something bad?!" myungsoo noticed the changed emotions in yoonhee's eyes and panicked. Yoonhee shaked her head furiously, she felt bad because myungsoo is worried about her. After a while, a confused myungsoo finally made up his mind and slip his hand into her's carefully.

"I have changed my mind! Let's go to the hill now!" he twriled and lead her to the hill, thinking that he will cheer her up after their trip to see the lotus flower. Yoonhee didn't respond to his grip nor did she push him away, with his hands holding her's she felt safe, she felt right

"There it is! Pretty right?" they finally arrived at the hill with a pant and myungsoo pointed at the pure white lotus flowers that were calmly floating on the pond. Yoonhee slowly looked at it and stared in awe, but after respecting the beauty of the flowers her tears slowly drip one by one on her red cheeks. Myungsoo shrieked and nearly had a mental breakdown seeeing yoonhee's tears. 

"You know.." Yoonhee started while sobbing softly "Last night.. I lo-lost my pa-rents.."

"The-they.. were murdered." she broke into tears while myungsoo was staring at her wide eyed. 

" I was taking a trip to the market for a while.. and then wh..when I came back... There are blood eveywhere..I..my.. parents were dead.. And then.. suddenly a lot of man chase me.. Mom..dad... It's my fault... I shouldn't have.." She broke into a crying mess as she trembled in fear while recalling her memory from last night. 

She actually didn't let out a single tear last night, she just couldn't. How can she? when her parents suddenly died in front of her own eyes. There were so much pain that are overwhelming in her heart to the point that she became numb. But in front of myungsoo, she is just too fraigle, she doesn't know why can she cry her heart out in front of him whom she has just met.

Myungsoo freeze, his mind went blank. He doesn't know how can he console a young girl that bear so much pain in her heart. With a trembling hand he silently wrapped his arm around her. 

"Yoonhee-ah, it's okay. It's not your fault. Cry all you want, please share all your pain with me" myungsoo gulped down his tears as he hold the broken yoonhee that was still shouting and crying with all her might.

"I'm sorry, kim myungsoo. Because of me you skip your lunch." that was the first thing yoonhee said after she wore herself out from too much crying. They were laying on the grass with myungsoo's hand still perfectly meeting her. 

"It's okay! I'm not hung-*growl~*" Myungsoo's stomach growled furiously like a mad dog and he pinked because of the embarassment. Yoonhee 's lips went upwards, she cannot supress her laughter anymore and burst out laughing.

"You're so lame!" she stiffled her laughter. Myungsoo sheepishly smiled and stared at her softly *She is so pretty when she's smiling, I love her laughter.*

"Hey yoonhee-ah, tell me about your parents." He smiled and holded her hand more tightly. "I'm abandoned by my parents since I was a baby, so tell me about yours." 

Yoonhee gaze at him softly and smiled, she puffed her cheeks and tapped her chin "Hmm, what should I tell you? Ah, My father really loves dukbokki that we have it all stocked in the fridges."

"Jinjja?" He beamed at her "Then, how about your mom? Does she cook for you everyday?" 

 

They chatted the whole afternoon about yoonhee's parents, their everyday habits until their silly acts. Yoonhee smiled recalling the happy yet bitter memories as myungsoo enthusiastically heard her out, imagining himself has a perfect family like her. After the whole family talk, they talked about the most random thing in the planet, about how yoonhee loves sailor moon and how myungsoo have saw an ufo before, silly things like that. Thanks to the conversation, they've became so much closer than before.

Time past by and without them noticing it, it was already 5 in the afternoon. The hill allow them to see the whole town that were beautifully painted by orange colors by the afternoon sky. They shared a comfortable sielence while watching the sun sets.

"Kim myungsoo." she called out with a whisper and gaze at myungsoo who was looking at the beautiful sunset.

"Just 'myungsoo' is fine, you know?" he pouted and yoonhee looked like she was hesitating, earning a flicked from myungsoo on her forehead "From this moment on, you are officially kim myungsoo's BFF, so drop your formalities with me." He smiled and yoonhee winced as she rubbed her swelling forehead. 

"Best friend forever, with you..?" she questioned, sounded not so sure. He nodded eagerly and yoonhee bit back a smile.

"To be honest.. I'm afraid myungsoo." she said with a shaky voice.

"Why?.. because of what?" he asked gently as his eyes searching for her's. Yoonhee pondered for a while if she should tell him or not, about her insicurities.

"I'm scared that those man that were chasing me last night will appear again." she closed her eyes as she trembled a little, her jet black hair was blowing because of the soft wind. Myungsoo fixed his gaze at her as he smiled. "You don't have to be afraid, because I'm here."

"I, Kim Myungsoo am vowing to you that I will be right here, always staying by your side until the end of our lifes." He placed his hand on his beating heart .

"Are you vowing to me..?" Yoonhee opened her eyes slowly, meeting her gaze with myungsoo.

"Yeah, I promise that I will always protect you." He smiled and held out his pinky finger.

"You actually do pinky promise?" Yoonhee chuckled a little as she intertwined her pinkies with him, then she swiftly pulled her thumb to met his "Now, It's official. It's already sealed."

"Look who's talking, you actually sealed my promise with a single thumb." myungsoo chuckled in amusement. "I will stick to you 24/7 just to make you safe, so preapare to be amazed!"

"Stalker." she chuckled.

"I'm not! anyway, I've learned taekwondo and my nickname is the 'dark horse', cool right?" he wriggled his eyebrows at her. 

"Lame." she sticked her tongue out and myungsoo flicked her forehead once again, It's slowly becoming a habit. They've shared a playfull argument on the road back to the orphanage, their home.

Yoonhee just couldn't hide her smile as she looked at myungsoo who was chirping loudly with his goofy smile  *Thankyou God, you may have taken my parents away, but you sent an angel here to come to save me. Please let me stay by his side and please let him keep his vow.*

.

.

But unfortunately god didn't hear my prayer.

Maybe vows and promises are meant to be broken after all. Am I right, myungsoo-ah?

4xouMEc.jpg

Okay, is it boring..? I just wanna write the past so you all can understand the story better, so bear with me ehehe! I will try my best writing for all of my subbies <3 saranghae

P.s. I wrote this while thinking about my first love *sigh dreamily*

-XOXO donghaejagiya