VI.

My Dear Sister

[No One's POV]:

 

Sooyeon was sleeping peacefully on a bed when she suddenly heard something hard hit the floor making a loud sound causing Sooyeon to wake up. She fluttered her eyes open and was greeted by a bright and unfamiliar surrounding. She squinted her eyes due to the brightness and slowly sat up on the bed and she let out a yawn. After her eyes adjusted to the brightness of the place, she studied her surrounding. She was in a room that was cozy and small, and is colored light pink. Light pink colored walls, fuzzy, soft and light pink carpets, light pink pillows, the color of the light illuminating from the lamp was also light pink, even the door was light pink, and basically everything is colored light pink. She cringed at the sight. She hated the color light pink. But that color was her favorite before when she was young, but soon changed since some of the letters she has been receiving are colored light pink. So, she despises the said color--especially since it is related to her biggest fear.

The thought of it made her suddenly afraid and nervous. She was in an unfamiliar place for God's sake!

"Oh God, where am I?! What if I got kidnapped?! Or worse, what if--"

Sooyeon's thoughts were interrupted when she suddenly heard a soft knock on the door, followed by what seems like a giggle from a little girl. 

"Unnie! Are you awake yet? Let's go outside and play!" The little girl said happily behind the door.

 

[Jung Sooyeon's POV]:

 

I raised an eyebrow. That voice seems familiar, awfully familiar. I furrowed my eyebrows and got off bed. I felt awfully small and a little chubby. I slowly walked towards the door and felt like something was awfully wrong. I looked beside me and--

 

got the biggest shock of my life.

 

When I looked at my side, I saw a mirror. And when I saw my reflection, I saw that I was a small, young, little girl. I had short hair that reached up to my shoulders. I was in, ugh, light pink pj's and I had small hands and feet. My hand slowly crept up to my face, checking if it was real or not. As the end of my fingertips touched my cheek, it felt so soft and real. I frowned. This must be a dream, right? In no way in this world is this reality. Or is it? A soft giggle escaped my lips. If this was a dream, I would never want to wake up. I would like to stay young as a child, so innocent and so pure. No problems in life and would totally have freedom. The total opposite of the adult me.

Another soft knock on the door was heard. I slowly went towards the door and reached the door knob. 

I opened the door and found my precious, little Soojung standing right in front of me. It shocked me how she was also in the form of a cute little girl, so eager to come out and play.

"Come on and play! “ She said and smiled brightly, holding out her hand for me to grab.

Thousands of thoughts ran through my head -all about my biggest fears, but I quickly brushed them off and threw away my worries. I smiled brightly at my beloved little sister and grabbed her hand.

We ran down the stairs, giggling as our little feet descended the tall stairs. Soojung lead me outside, hands still holding onto each other, and everything felt so surreal. I was so glad to feel like this again: carefree and blissful with my little sister.

She led us to our backyard where a small little play house stood. Soojung ran around and she looked absolutely perfect. The sun was illuminating her little face and she had a big smile on her face. I watched as she giggled and skipped through the big space of our backyard. She eventually slowed to a stop and her eyes met mine. I looked into her little orbs and I felt warm.

She ran to me and dragged me into the play house, "Come on, unnie, let's play!"

I smiled, "Sure, what can we play?"

"Let's play pretend! I'll be a baker and you can be..." She paused to think.

"Can I be a little food critic?" I suggested and watched as Soojung's eyes brightened up and nodded her head.

"Unnie is so smart," she silently said.

And so the rest of the afternoon went on like that, Soojung and I pretending to be little adults. Soojung would sometimes whineat my 'horrible comments' about her baking. I would laugh and tell her that it's part of life -failure- but then she'd just stare at me and tell me I'm weird.

 

Everything felt perfect.

 

Everything was the way I wanted it to be.

 

[A/N]:

Oh God, you guys must probably hate me now for taking so long to update. I am terribly sorry. But, here you go. I hope you like it ♡