III.

My Dear Sister

[Jung Sooyeon's POV]:

 

Me and Soojung settled down in the living room after we cleaned up the mess in my room a while ago. I still had no clue on what happened and who did the mess. No, no. It can't be Soojung, right?

"Unnie, are you okay? What happened?" Soojung asked me. I looked at her and shrugged. "I don't know."

She sighed and crossed her arms as she leaned back on the couch. "What were all those letters?" She asked.

I stiffened. Sweat started to from on my forehead. I couldn't tell her. It was always written in every each letter I receive. Don't tell anyone else. I though of a way to avoid the topic.

"It's just some love letters back in high school, never mind that." I lied.

Soojung looked at me. I could see it in her face that she was unconvinced. "Really? You seem very popular back then." She said with a hint of irritation in her voice. I nodded. Two things I know about Soojung, one, she could easily tell a lie. Two, she doesn't like being lied to.

She slumped back on the couch. "I didn't know you kept them." She said.

"I did. Anyway, are you hungry? What would you like to eat?" I asked her changing the subject.

"I don't know, kimchi stew?" She suggested her face lighting up. Soojung has always loved kimchi stew.

I smiled. "Okay." I stood up to go to the kitchen and Soojung followed to make kimchi stew.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'll eat well!" Me and Soojung chorused together with happy smiles on our faces as we boh ate our homemade kimchi stew. You know, I love spending time with my lovely sister like I always do. But right now, I feel nervous, afraid, paranoid. I feel a bad aura around her, and it just makes me want to run away from her. But as usual, I fake a smile and stay frozen on my spot.

I ignored the feeling, She is my sister, I know I could trust her. I looked at her, and she was happily eating the kimchi stew. Soojung was a really shy and reserved child back then. She was bullied a lot too, and I tried my best to protect her and be there for her, until now.

"Why aren't you eating? It's delicious!" I heard her say. I snapped out of my trance and I noticed that I haven't even touched my bowl of kimchi stew yet. I smiled at my silliness and picked up my chopsticks and proceeded to eat.

When we finished, we cleaned up and went back to the living room. I suddenly felt really tired and my head was throbbing in pain.

I left Soojung in the living room for a while and went upstairs to get some medicine to help ease the pain in my head. When I opened my medicine cabinet, it was empty. Aish! I went back down stairs almost tripping at the last step because the pain was unbearable. I sat on the couch next to Soojung my elbows on my knees and my head rested on my palms as my eyes were tight shut.

Soojung must have noticed that I was not feeling okay. "Unnie, are you okay?" She asked me concerned.

I kept my eyes closed and shook my head which increased the pain. "I just have a headache." I told her.

"Do you have medicine?" She asked.

"No..."

Soojung quickly stood up from the couch. "I'll buy you some, stay here." She told me as she went to get her coat and an umbrella since it was still raining outside and she proceeded walking out of the door.

I leaned back on the couch and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

 

 

 

[A/N]:

Annyeong readers! I just want to apologize for having short chapters. I will try my best to make long ones in the future. How was this chapter? I get the feeling that some of you don't like it...but anyways, feel free to comment and don't forget to subscribe! Thank you to those who upvoted! ♥