Xiumin - Memories

A Collection of EXO

"Jagiya, balli!" Xiumin yelled as he adjusted his cufflinks, staring at himself in the mirror and fixing the few kinks in his hair. "We're going to be late!" He shouted after a few minutes passed by without a response from the girl.

"Wait!" Suhyun twisted the few strands of curls that had framed her face as she tended to the messy bun placed on her head. She turned side to side as she checked out the white dress, which practically glued itself to her body and outlining her curves. She headed down the steps, jumping into Xiumin's arms and hugging him. "Mianhae, Minnie," she said as she kissed his lips, hoping he would accept her apology.

Xiumin chuckled as he thought to himself that there was no way he could be mad at her. "Jagiya, why do you make me wait?"

"I wanted to look good for your reuinion with your EXO members." She pouted, pushing out her bottom lip as she batted her eyes at Xiumin.

"It's been so long since I last heard that. I haven't seen them in five years," he mumbled to himself, looking back that when he was thirty, EXO had retired since it seemed only appropriate to do so. They weren't the flower boys they used to be. They got older, and the crowd they had meant to appeal to preferred younger men. Xiumin felt no regrets, though. He was able to meet Suhyun after retirement and settle with this woman.

"They'll be happy to find you married," she whispered to him, wrapping her arms around his waist and kissing him once again.

"Probably. Come on, let's go." He took her in his arms, dragging her out of their house and driving to the address Chen had texted him.

--

"Wah! Minseokie! Look at you!" Luhan chuckled as he pulled his arm around his friend's shoulder. "Who knew that you would marry so quickly? She's quite beautiful, if I say so myself."

Xiumin snickered, watching his wife as she spoke to the other members. "I don't know how I got so lucky."

"How did you two meet?"

"We met at the gym. She accidentally dropped dumbells on my feet, which by the way hurt so bad. Ever since, we had been hanging out."

Jongdae snuck up behind the eldest one, wrapping his arms from the back and hugging him. "Minseokie hyung!" His voice echoed through the room, which caused the two to laugh as they engulfed each other in a hug. "Who knew you would bring your wife? She's so lovely. I just spoke to her a few minutes ago, and man can she talk. She's hilarious!" Xiumin nodded in agreement, his eyes trailed back to his wife as he watched her in admiration. "Minseokie hyung, let's play a drinking game."

The EXO members decided on playing a game to see who could recall the dance moves to their songs. The loser had to take a shot of tequilla, and of course, Xiumin forgot most of the steps. Kai, not so surprising, remembered every step, so he didn't have to worry. But Xiumin strugged, probably taking at least six shots of tequilla, enough to get him completely wasted.

He moved side to side, slurring as he landed down on the couch. "Gwaenchana?" Suhyun patted his hair back, kissing his forehead and smiling. "We can go home later once you feel better." She laid his head on her lap, humming to him as she watched his eyes close.

A couple of hours later, he jolted up from his spot, causing his wife to jump with him. He shook his head, taking her hand and stretching. "I feel better," he mumbled slightly, hiding the fact that he still felt the same. "Let's go back home."

Suhyun eyed him cautiously, nodding her head and bidding the other members goodnight. "Are you sure you can drive?" Suhyun would be glad to drive, but the only problem was that she didn't have a license. She trusted her husband, though, so she let him take control.

She watched him, her heart rapidly beating as he was driving. His movements were delayed, and his sense of direction was off. The car kept swerving side to side, and Suhyun had to stop him. "Xiuminah, let's just park here and stay for the night. You're obviously in no condition."

Losing his sense of judgement, he only yelled, "Shut up! I'm the driver here! You just need to sit back and keep your mouth closed!"

"Minseokie, you're drunk! Pull over!"

"Quit telling me what to do!" He only pushed on the gas pedal, the speed of the car increasing with every passing second.

"Xiumin!!" Her voice had been overcome by the honking of a nearby truck, and Xiumin turned to see her face covered by the headlights of that truck. The last he saw of her that night was a terrified look in her eyes, staring at him as if she knew this was the end.

--

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Xiumin adjusted his vision, turning his sight to the heart moniter that reflected his heartbeat. He was at the hospital, which took him a while to figure out where he was. He felt a sharp pain on his ribs as he tried to get up, and he let out a breathless groan as he settled back down. He couldn't remember what happen as it seemed that his memory was somewhat a blur, but he could only think of one thing: Suhyun.

A nurse walked in, and his attention snapped to her. A police followed after her, and Minseok visibly gulped. "How is she?" He managed to ask the question he was afraid to hear the answer to

"She's managing," was all the nurse said as she couldn't elaborate more on it.

"You were drinking under the influence, and aside from that, you are convicted of attempt murder," the police had told him, reading off of the document in his hand.

"Attempt murder? I didn't kill anyone!"

"Yes, but you risked the lives of a passenger and another driver. The punishment will be issued in court, and once your condition gets better, you will immediately been taken up to trial to determine your sentence."

The police walked out without any additional instructions. Xiumin stared at the ceiling, all that has happened still failing to process. "Can I see her?" He asked the nurse, looking over at the woman who was adjusting his covers.

She nodded her head as she helped him out of bed and placing him on a wheelchair that enabled him to travel without much pain. He walked in to her room, staring at the girl who seemed so unrecognizable to him. Her face had been patched up, leaving only her left eye to be revealed. Her arms had been bandaged, blood seeping through and dried up. She was conscious, he could tell by her breathing, and he was almost afraid to call her name.

"Suhyunah?"

"She doesn't know who she is," the nurse immediately informed him as soon as he said her name. The nurse avoided eye contact, knowing that it would be hard for him to hear this news. "I couldn't bring myself to tell you this, but she doesn't remember anything. You're the husband, that's all I know. You have matching rings. I'm sorry that you had to hear this from me," her voice cracked as she walked out of the room to excuse herself.

Xiumin rolled his way over to the girl, slightly touching her hand to gain her attention. "Jagiya...?"

Her only exposed eye opened slightly, turning to see who was speaking to her. "Who are you?" She managed to say behind the bandage, which only came out muffled.

"I'm Minseok, your husband," he said, smiling sadly and feeling the tears forming in his eyes.

"Husband?" She replied, her finger tapping on the ring that wrapped on Xiumin's.

"Yes..."

"I can't remember. What did you say your name was again?"

"It's Minseok..."

"What's my name?"

"Suhyun..."

"Minseok, why can't I remember anything? What's wrong with me?" He could see the tears that were now in the girl's eyes as she strugged to regain her memories. "I can't remember anything, and I don't know what to do," she had whispered now, her voice shaking in the fear of feeling so blank. She had nothing to remember. No family, no friends, not even the slightest thing like what she ate for breakfast the day before. She couldn't even remember her last name. She had nothing, making her feel completely empty.

"Mianhae, Suhyunah..." Xiumin rested his head on the bed close to her arm, his tears now forcing themselves out as he sobbed in agony knowing that he had done this to her. "Mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae..."

--

A few days went by, and his recovery seemed to quicken, but not to perfection. Xiumin would frequently visit his wife, checking up on her to see if she would recall anything, only to result in disappointment and pain to the two of them.

"Do you want to know about our first date?" He asked, his eyes focused on her as she nodded her head. "Well, I took you to a festival. It was lucky for us that a festival was being held right after I asked you to be my girlfriend. We walked around, we played games, ate all the food they served, and you were even dressed up for the occasion. You were so beautiful that night. We waited till the fireworks were displayed, and I had kissed you under those beautiful lights. It was completely magical," he whispered to her, the back of her hand.

"I can't remember that," she mumbled, mostly to herself as she looked away.

Xiumin felt the pain stab in his heart as he nodded her head. "I'll be back tomorrow. I have another medical exam to get through." He leaned over and kissed her forehead, watching as the girl's eyes only stared at him blankly without a hint of love that used to fill it whenever she looked at him.

--

He stared ahead in front of the judge, waiting for his sentence and feeling himself anxious for what the punishment would be. The judge had ordered five year sentenced to prison, and Xiumin's world had crashed before him. Five years without seeing Suhyun. Five years without helping her regain her memories. Five years apart from her, never to know her condition as he was locked away behind the bars.

Xiumin paced back and forth on his cell then settled himself to the bunk that had positioned itself to the back. He stared at the ceiling, and the only thing keeping him sane was the thought of seeing Suhyun again after the five years.

He sat up when he heard the guard say his name, and he made his way to the bars to see the nurse standing before him. Her expression was pained, and it looked as though she was crying. Though she was merely a third party, she empathized for the couple's struggles, and it tore her to be the one to break the news.

"I don't know how to say this," she mumbled to herself.

"Just say it..."

"Suhyun unexpectedly had a brain hemorrhage. The doctors had recently found out about that, which was the cause of her memory loss. They tried to do everything they could to patch it up and make her better, but -" She cut herself off as she started to sob, wiping her eyes and struggling to catch her breath. "Jwesonghamnida. At 7:28 last night, Suhyun was declared dead."

Xiumin had watched her incredulously, shaking his head as he backed up from the girl. His eyes filled with tears as he screamed, kicking and punching at the wall to let out all the pain and anger he felt. He hated himself for lying that night. He hated himself for thinking that he was okay. He hated himself that he even put her in that risky situation. He hated the fact that because of him, Suhyun lost her life. Because of him, she was never going to come back. Suhyun was forever gone, the love of his life completely lost because of a mistake he could have easily avoided.

--

Five years passed filled with remorse, guilt, and agony. He stood before her grave, holding the bouquet of flowers of her favorite kind. He gently placed it down on the ground, a tear trickling down his cheek. "I'm sorry," he whispered as he kissed the ground, feeling himself cry agian. "I could have protected you, that's what I was supposed to do. It was my responsibility to take care of you. I'm sorry for being reckless. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry... I deserve this, losing you. I deserve all this pain. I deserve you being taken away from me. I deserve it all. Please, be happy up there, wherever you are. Please, forgive me," he cried, clenching his fist and pounding on the ground softly.

Xiumin pulled himself up on his feet, wiping the tears away as he stepped back. He walked away, never to look back at the woman of his life that was now gone forever.

 

 

--

As requested, I made one for Xiumin!! I wanted to make it really long, but I have homework... ):

I hope you enjoyed this one!!

So sad... D: