Chanyeol - Ghost of My Past

A Collection of EXO

Chanyeol watched the girl balance herself on a curb, laughing slightly when she had tipped over and fell to her feet. "Chanyeolah, you should try this!" She had called to him when she turned her head back to look at him before playing on the curb.

"Be careful, Yuniyah," he warned her as he reached foreward, only to have the girl flinch her hand away. He didn't question it though. He merely accepted her refusal to touch him.

"Ah, Chanyeolie, let's go over there!" She pointed at an ice cream shop, skipping her way towards it leaving him behind to watch her before following. "Wah, they have so many flavors. That one's my favorite." She pointed at the chocolate chip cookie dough, her lips as she turned her attention to Chanyeol.

"Do you want some?" Her facial expression suddenly changed when she shook her head, her smile appearing to be filled with sadness ironically.

"I'm alright. Why don't you get some, Chanyeolie? You haven't eaten them for the longest time," she urged him to get one, which he reluctantly bought. He couldn't resist the girl. After all, he had always done everything for her.

The two sat together close to the window, a few people gazing at their direction every now and then. Chanyeol ignored them as he focused his attention at the girl that sat in front. "Can we go out tomorrow?" He asked as he the ice cream, feeling something painful against his chest as he tasted that flavor.

"Tomorrow? I'll have to see. You know, we can't always be seeing each other," she mumbled the latter part, mostly to herself and almost inaudible.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow as he didn't hear what she uttered, and she shook her head and planted another smile on her lips. "How is it? Isn't it good? I told you it was. That ice cream means a lot to me for some reason. You bought it for me on our first date to the beach. You said it reminded you of me because I'm sweet like vanilla, soft like the cookie dough, and lovable like the chocolate. Hey, don't look at me like that," she whispered, reaching out and stopping halfway. She dropped her hands down to her side as she averted eye contact.

"Sorry. I don't know what came over me. Let's go somewhere else." He stood up as he made his way to the door, tossing the half eaten ice cream in the bin. Yuni's eyes followed the ice cream as pain struck her. Her lips twitched as if on the verge of tears, but she held it in and followed after him.

"Chanyeolie, where are we going? Hey, you're walking too fast. Chanyeolah. Slow down." She moved as fast as she could, but her tiny strides couldn't keep up to his long ones. Her feet caught against her ankle, causing the girl to fall over to her knees and stay down.

Chanyeol stopped as he heard the thud, turning around to help Yuni. She only backed away from him with a yelp, refusing his assisstance before standing up. "Don't worry, Chanyeolah. I'm okay. Nothing hurts me, remember?"

He merely nodded, his eyes giving off a melancholy vibe as he turned his back to her and walked down the streets. "Yah, Chanyeolah. Didn't I say to slow down? Jeez, you never listen do you?"

She finally caught up to him, glancing up to find a single tear stain his cheek. She felt completely heartbroken at the sight of him, panicking as she reached over and tugged on his sleeve. It had no affect on him as he continued to look ahead at nothing and contemplate to himself. "How about we go to the park? You always liked it there," she had offered in a soft voice, this time taking the lead and looking back every now and then to see him right behind her.

She took her seat on the bench, her eyes watching the children as they played frisbee and soccer. She envied the happy kids as they had no care in the world, no problem to stress over, nothing to prevent them from their happiness. She glanced over at Chanyeol. "Chanyeolie, don't worry. We'll both be happy. Remember what you had told me? You said, 'Yuniyah, no matter what happens, promise me that you'll be happy? No matter what situation you're in, no matter how despondent or discouraging it may be, you'll stay happy. No matter what, stay happy.' Remember that? It goes for you, too, Chanyeolah. Please, smile for me. And I don't want some half-assed smile. I want it to be real."

Finally, he looked at her. His facial expression tore her apart as she waited for that smile that she had hoped to see. A few seconds later, his lips curved upwards in a smile, and she could see the genuine happiness that had lurked inside him, wanting to be set free for so long. "Thank you, Yuniyah," he whispered. "Let's go home now?"

She nodded her head as she walked beside him, taking a peek at him every now and then to make sure that he wasn't feeling down. Once they reached their home, she stared down the at the few pictures that had decorated the premises. Her fingers lightly touched one of the frames that contained a picture of Chanyeol and Yuni on their wedding day, smiling from ear to ear and giving out V-signs. Another picture right beside it was one with his arms wrapped around her lower waist, and their lips were softly pressed against one another. "It's beautiful. Do you remember this day?"

He nodded his head as he stood beside her, staring down at the picture she had her fingers on. "You were beautiful. When you were walking down the isle, I remember thinking, 'Wow, this is the girl I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with. This is the girl who will make me happy, who will make every day worth living, who will always be there for me and love me at all times.'"

Chanyeol yawned, and Yuni laughed as she watched his face distort in the process. "Come on. It's getting late. Let's go." She led him to bed, lying beside him and keeping a small distance between the two. She hummed for him, watching as his eyes fluttered shut and whispering a soft good night.

--

The boy opened his eyes, finding the room empty and jolting out of bed in fear. He looked around, panicking before standing up to look around the house. He felt himself short on breath as he searched the area, finding it barren.

"Chanyeolah, what are you doing?" The sound of her voice brought his nerves down, calming him and allowing him to catch his breath. He saw her sitting on the couch by the window, her legs crossed as she tilted her head to the side. "Did you have a bad dream?"

"Ah, no. I just thought you left..."

"Chanyeolah, you have to let me go, you know?"

He looked away, not saying anything as if he didn't hear her. "Do you want to go out today? I asked you if we could..."

"But today is -"

"Please, Yuniyah. Let's go somewhere." He walked back to his room without waiting for a reply or uttering another word, leaving the girl to sit there and comply to his decision.

She walked behind him as they left behind the house, and she would stare at his back to see that his shoulders were hanging low. "Chanyeolah, don't you know what day it is?"

"Do you wanna go to that ice cream shop again? Or maybe the park? Ah, I know! Let's go to the beach!"

"Chanyeolah..."

The two were interrupted by a group of boys standing in front of them. Yuni recognized them as Chanyeol's friends, and she slowly crept behind Chanyeol as if to hide.

"Chanyeol. Where are you going? Don't you know what day it is?" Chen asked as he eyed his friend suspiciously.

"I was going to the beach with Yuniyah," he mumbled slightly, fidgeting with his fingers. 

"Yuniyah...?" The group of boys glanced at each other before turning back to Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol, Yuni is dead," Baekhyun said, approaching him slowly as if he was afraid he would breakdown. "Don't you remember? She got in a car accident on her way home. Today marks one year of her passing. What are you doing out here? You should be heading to the cemetery."

Yuni looked over at Chanyeol, watching as his body shook. She couldn't do anything for him, and it only broke her to find him collapse on the ground and howl at the memories. He shook his head, grabbing a hold of his hair and screaming. "Yuniyah! Please! No!"

"Chanyeolah," Yuni whispered to him softly, bending down to his level and touching his back. She knew he couldn't feel it, but her words could reach him. "Remember our promise? Please, be happy. I may not physically be here, but I am still looking out for you. I'm still watching over you, don't you see? I'm right here. I'm not entirely gone. So please, smile. Find someone who can make you smile if you can't on your own. Chanyeolah, I'll always love you, don't you love me? Don't you want me to be happy, too? Then be happy yourself, please." She leaned over, pressing her lips on his cheek.

Though he couldn't feel it, he could feel himself less weak. He could lift himself up, wiping the tears and staring at the girl that was beside him. He smiled slightly, nodding his head as he reached out, grabbing at her hand. There was nothing to hold, but he could feel her presence there. "I love you, Yuniyah. I always will," he whispered.

"Me, too. Now, go. Your friends are concerned," she gestured towards them, pulling her hand away as she backed up.

Chanyeol allowed his friends to guide him, glancing back every now and then to see if Yuni was still there. She waited back for a while, waving to him whenever he turned to look for her.

On his third time looking back, he only found the area empty, smiling sadly to himself as he remembered the promise to stay happy for the woman he loved.

 

 

 

--

Oh the sadness!!

Another update!!

I hope you enjoyed it <3

Ugh. I want the Overdose MV out NOWWWW!